Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• The opening track of Newman's score is a brilliant continuation of the Bond theme too.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 330
    I have to agree with that completely. If I waited to find out myself it would have been more spin tingling, but I had to know whether it was at the start or not.
  • Dear Ralph

Personally, the GB is not that important to me. I really didn’t care enough to pay too much attention. Honestly, I liked it at the end of the film.
    Basically, it’s the same as the other 20 films. Happy? Dots across the screen. Binder design. Blood drips down. Then it fades out and the Bond theme stops and Newman’s rather loud score begins whilst the words: ‘The Dead are Alive’ fill the screen. Happy?!?

So it the reflection doesn't move like in the Brosnan films?

• JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Dear Ralph

Personally, the GB is not that important to me. I really didn’t care enough to pay too much attention. Honestly, I liked it at the end of the film.
    Basically, it’s the same as the other 20 films. Happy? Dots across the screen. Binder design. Blood drips down. Then it fades out and the Bond theme stops and Newman’s rather loud score begins whilst the words: ‘The Dead are Alive’ fill the screen. Happy?!?

Why so negative? If you don't want to answer, then why do you?
    Sounds good to me. Classic Bond gunbarrel and a cool opening shot to look forward to. Come opening day just sit back and enjoy. Later we can all have fun comparing the subtle differences-music, look, blood hue, whatever etc to the others.
    I tend to look at new Bond films like holiday traditions: the gunbarrel is the Christmas tree lighting ceremony of each new film. Except the last two films we waited until the holiday season was over to light the tree. This time we have it on time. I'm real happy about this and am now very much looking forward to SPECTRE.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    gunbarrel + artsy auteur intro: everybody wins! =D>
    I was going to wait, but all this discussion has me curious. Does "fade to black" mean that it ends like the Skyfall GB ends without shaking from side to side and falling down? Does it shake side to side and fall before fading? And is the walk any slower than SF? Oh, the things we care about....
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It wasn't deal breaker but I think Mendes would have really struggled to justify not opening with it this time.

The way they did it in CR was perfect, I can understand thematically why QOS didn't open with it, that terrific opening wouldn't have worked so well with it and I just about bought him not using it at the start of SF but SPECTRE needed to start with it.

I think it will be a treat to see for the first time in 13 years at the beginning to open the film, yeah I'm as excited to see it as I was before the reviews, probably even more so now.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Hurray! Can't wait for the gun barrel sequence! :))
    delfloria wrote: »
    It's been too long since having one's spine tingle at the opening of a Bond film. I feel sorry for anyone who does not get an adrenaline rush from the GB at the beginning of a Bond film. It's addictive after watching 007 films in theaters for fifty years.

Completely with you. The sight of those familiar dots with the Bond theme and then Bond turning and shooting just set the anticipation of what's to follow - that this is Bond. I quite liked the way there used to be a silent United Artists ident before it, that silence somehow seemed to heighten the anticipation.

Shardlake wrote: »
    It wasn't deal breaker but I think Mendes would have really struggled to justify not opening with it this time.

The way they did it in CR was perfect, I can understand thematically why QOS didn't open with it, that terrific opening wouldn't have worked so well with it and I just about bought him not using it at the start of SF but SPECTRE needed to start with it.

I think it will be a treat to see for the first time in 13 years at the beginning to open the film, yeah I'm as excited to see it as I was before the reviews, probably even more so now.

I agree especially since has said he wanted the gun barrel to open sky fall as well. He really had no choice but to put it back in the beginning. I mean he could have put it at the end but there would have been fan backlash IMO
  • Is the gun barrel a new recording of Daniel or will it be the same one used in quantum or skyfall.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    They filmed a new one.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    They filmed a new one.

cool, thanks

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    They filmed a new one.

cool, thanks

I only know that from an interview quote. I haven't seen the film.

• Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited October 2015 Posts: 306
    I want to know, what would everyone's reactions be if the gun barrel sequence were in the middle of the movie? As in, the middle of Act 2? =))
    I want to know, what would everyone's reactions be if the gun barrel sequence were in the middle of the movie? As in, the middle of Act 2? =))

That would remind me of
    JJ Abrams' Alias *LOL*
  • dire399 wrote: »

In 1974, ABC edited From Russia With Love so the main titles played first, followed by the gunbarrel and pre-titles sequence. So it would play out similar to that. :-)

• I've finally heard from someone who has seen the gunbarrel. I think purists, like me, may still not be entirely satisfied. Plus points are that it's back at the start, has a great design and has the correct Bond theme over it. Minus points are that it's still a little too fast and fades out when the blood falls, like the Skyfall one does. So, no movement of the barrel after the blood falls or transition into white.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    My proposal for the SPECTRE gunbarrel.

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

That is fantastic! Plain and simple, nothing fancy, just what we need, and I like how you managed to incorporate the moving trail of blood.

Unfortunately I hear the Spectre gunbarrel
    while at the beginning, fades to black rather than opens naturally into the scene
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Gunbarrel with Binder design at tge start is great but let's hole Craig doesn't ruin it with his QoS hurried walk or his zombie-like SF walk.

I think my favourite gunbarrel opening maybe TND.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    As a gunbarrel purist I can´t wait to see it in its proper place!

As someone mentioned earlier, it´s like a Christmas tree lightning for sure.

The dots, barrel, shot, blood... it´s all essential Bond. I hope that this time we´ll get the classic Binder styled barrel with the right music.

Can´t wait, I shall see it on Friday night!
    Slow, fast, fade out or not, the fact it's finally back at the beginning is all that counts. James Bond is BACK!
  • w2bond wrote: »

That is fantastic! Plain and simple, nothing fancy, just what we need, and I like how you managed to incorporate the moving trail of blood.

Unfortunately I hear the Spectre gunbarrel
    while at the beginning, fades to black rather than opens naturally into the scene

Of course you did, I said it just a few posts further back.

And yes, that YouTube clip would be a perfect gunbarrel opening.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Gunbarrel with Binder design at tge start is great but let's hole Craig doesn't ruin it with his QoS hurried walk or his zombie-like SF walk.

I think my favourite gunbarrel opening maybe TND.

DAD probably comes just after CR to be my second favorite (re the 3D bullet)
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Funny how a YouTube fan made version can be made so perfect but yet the producers can't seem to get it perfect for the actual movie.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Love the gun barrel @AgentJamesBond007 =D>
  • imranbecks wrote: »
    Funny how a YouTube fan made version can be made so perfect but yet the producers can't seem to get it perfect for the actual movie.

I wish it was funny.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Should have used John Barry music.