Do you say yes to a delay of 2 months to use ''Hello'' from Adele as title song. Yes or No ?

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited October 2015 in SPECTRE Posts: 4,416
imagine this: Do you say yes to a delay of 2 months to use ''Hello'' from Adele as title song. Yes or No ?

For the record:

I don't say the movie is delayd and i like ''Writing's On The Wall'', but i am curious if you must choose between the two songs.

Lyrics..
Hello, it’s me
I was wondering
If after all these years
You’d like to meet
To go over
Everything
They say that time’s supposed to heal yeah but I ain’t done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet
There's such a difference between us
And a million miles

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times to tell you
I'm sorry, for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried to tell you
I'm sorry, for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself
I'm sorry, I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town
Where nothing ever happened?
It's no secret
That the both of us are running out of time

Hello from the outside

Ooooohh, anymore
Ooooohh, anymore
Ooooohh, anymore
Anymore

Hello from the outside

Source: http://www.directlyrics.com/adele-hello-lyrics.html

Comments

As Noel Coward once said

No, no, no.
    No but a timely reminder of what a great voice she has and what a good fit she is with Bond. Even SS fans must admit that his attempt has not been a critical success?
    No. Having said that Adele's new song is a stunner. Pure vocal magic. She is probably the best British export since...well, since James Bond! She really is that good, but the Bond producers do need to invite new recording artists in each time otherwise things would get predictable. I think the Sam Smith song is ok and actually grew on me, but it's not as strong as Skyfall, but the theme song is just one component on a big assembly line.
    Nope, silly idea to begin with.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2015 Posts: 17,727
    No, of course not. What a daft idea from the Balje. We've got the song already and like it or lump it we're stuck with it. I happen to like it but I know you'll never be able to please everyone, so why bother wasting your time trying? I know only too well that plenty of others hate it; I'm not going to take a coronary over it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Eh, why is this EVEN a thread?
  • Hm, I'm not sure this Adele song fits the bill, sounds like most of her other non-Bond stuff. But I would love to get a new theme song :-S

I'm curious: are there other known songs that Spectre nearly got before Sam Smith's won?

Why is it the rejected songs tend to be better than the real thing?
    I love TND Surrender

and QOS Forever I'm yours

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    No, I wouldn't want a delayed Adele song as the title for SP (although I'll admit that anything is better than what we actually got). Her voice is amazing however.

It's telling that I have casually heard this Adele song twice on the radio today, and have not heard WOTW (thankfully) once.
    Not really moved that much by this Adele tbh. I actually think Lana Del Rey has so much more kapow!
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's telling that I have casually heard this Adele song twice on the radio today, and have not heard WOTW (thankfully) once.

Same here. It's actually been very easy to avoid Mr Smith's WotW before I see SP on Monday. It's as if it doesn't even exist on the radio so I'm not hopeful of my first listen on the opening credits. I'm actually concerned about the opening credits more now I've heard a bit of feedback. eek!

I'm getting to point where I just want the whole SP over and done with now - shouldn't have read the reviews now as they've left me a bit deflated
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Eh, why is this EVEN a thread?
    :)) Yet it remains open because you know we need nominees for the Community Awards.

Haven't heard either of these songs yet. Still, it's a big fat NO from me. However, I fully support the idea of delaying the film for another three years just to get the director Balje prefers.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Is the film still delayed? I hope so. I prefer seeing films in January. The bitter cold, the iced-up car windows as you drive to the cinema. Bliss. Please delay, EON!!!!!! \:D/