'That'll keep you in curry for a few weeks wont it ' - when 007 is not 'PC'

edited September 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
The above quote,as we all know is from OP and personally i love the line,although some PC people i have known have said the infamous 'My God you can't say that.'

Can you think of anything that Bond has done or said that is considered not Politically Correct now ?
For example,Bond giving a woman a slap in FRWL,OHMSS,DAF,TMWTGG or karate chopping Onatopp in GE.

Lets hear your Bond un-PC moments.

Comments

• for me defenitly slapping a women acrosss the face or forcing them into bed wouldnt work to well, as well as smoking in public restaurants
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Definatly arse-slapping a woman in GF.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Walking a rat in a soon-soon-to-be sewer? ;)
    Nah, probably his forcing himself ontop of Pussy (Galore, not just any.....).
  • A man infuriating his female boss?!-is that PC?!-
    wshrp
  • -But that's Bond in a Square alright..!
    wshrp
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 7,567
    Bond should never be PC. Ever......EVER

Quite like Brosnan's 'What's that dear?' to his assessor at the start of GE. Just how Bond should treat a woman telling him what to do.
  • "Fetch my shoes!"
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why do chinese girls taste different?
  • Perhaps because they're different!
    wshrp
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Asian women telling British Agents to chew me. Definitely the most non-PC thing in TMWTGG.

Well except for slapping a woman, throwing a kid in the river, stuffing a midget in a suitcase, hiding in a closet to watch an hour or two of passion, swallowing a woman's charm, shooting a woman through a boob, calling Thai policemen pointy heads and maybe a couple of other items.
  • They wouldn't like the idea of throwing women in the trunk of cars either really

Can you call an Elephant 'ugly' these days?

Is that allowed :-??
    Bond exclaiming, ´A woman?!´ when he learns he found Dr. Goodhead in MR.
    One of my alltime favorite lines.
    Every line out of J.W. Pepper's mouth

or...

"Quarrel, fetch my shoes"
  • DB5DB5
    "That's a Smith and Wesson. And you;ve had your six."
    "That's a Smith and Wesson. And you;ve had your six."
    How is that not 'pc'?
  • DB5DB5
    Welll shooting an "unarmed" man, even an enemy. in cold blood was not exactly "PC" even
    in 1962!
  • DB5DB5
    How about "Moneypenny, the next time I see you, I'm going to put you over my knee."
    The PC scene that always bothered me was from DR NO. On the island of Crab Key when Bond orders Quarrell
    "Fetch my shoes"
    WTF???
    This is NOT what one would say to a trusted Ally and someone who would die bravely(and horribly) later. What jackass wrote this god forsaken line???
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    OP: "Strudel...and BEER?" "Ja ja ja."
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    boldfinger wrote:
    Bond exclaiming, ´A woman?!´ when he learns he found Dr. Goodhead in MR.
    One of my alltime favorite lines.
    Same here. I just like the way Moore says it.

The girls having dinner in OHMSS has to be right up there! The Chinese lass has her chopsticks and rice, the Indian lady is tucking into her naan bread, and the African mama is enjoying a plate full of bananas! :O
  • How about Sir Rog dressed as Coco? This is 007 not Pennywise!
  • I know this happened in the book, and it wasn't Bond who said it, but in OHMSS when Draco says that he raped Tracy's mom... that made my jaw drop... XD
    DB5 wrote:
    Welll shooting an "unarmed" man, even an enemy. in cold blood was not exactly "PC" even
    in 1962!

He just shot "James" sleeping! Bond had every right to kill him.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    "I'm Plenty!"
    "But of course you are."
    Diamonds Are Forever
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Well, the way he treats Goodnight throughout TMWTGG is not quite PC I'd say. He puts her in his bedroom closet so he can sleep with another woman.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's true. I'd say he's almost always one little mistake away from slapping her.
    I cant remember the exact quote (can anyone help?) but Sheriff JW definitely sounded racist in MWTGG!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    You mean Pepper referring to Bangkok's finest as pointy heads and wondering if they've ever seen an airplane before.
    Kerim wrote:
    You mean Pepper referring to Bangkok's finest as pointy heads and wondering if they've ever seen an airplane before.

That's it! Thanks for the assist!