SPECTRE - Press reviews and personal reviews (BEWARE! Spoiler reviews allowed)

Comments

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Trigger wrote: »
    Seen on Twitter Jessica Simmonds who had an invite to tonight saying it truly is fantastic! Still sceptical though as I didn't think it would be even finished yet given the run time?

She must have been the first toilet tweet lol.

I gotta remember no coffee before Spectre.. last act will suck if nature calling.

Lol I was wondering if she was one of the toilet break people! Thanks @antovolk for clearing it up though. So that's one positive impression the film has made then! So far so good.
  • It's official - SPECTRE is "fantastic"...! :))
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,964
    Delete
    We should be getting reports pretty soon now
    Classic SPECTRE - there's a blackout in Soho and Leicester Square. Film may finish later than usual......
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    Classic SPECTRE - there's a blackout in Soho and Leicester Square. Film may finish later than usual......

Seriously??
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    wow, people are really keen to do anything to get into that screening!
  • antovolk wrote: »

What the f...!!!
    SPECTRE: old-school adventure & flamboyance, done with discretion & steel. Not a classic but strong
  • "Not a classic but strong"...hmm, interesting. Sounds like a 4/5 review.

Ooh heres another :

Just saw @SonyPicturesUK preview screening #SPECTRE is better than #Skyfall, a 2h 28min movie that flies by with action and humour
    The title reads "Spectre - Press reviews and personal review"
    131 comments so far, and not a single press or personal review (!)
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Just search spectre on twitter in all tweets there are loads and loads of positive reviews most saying things like incredible and better than skyfall. I count one chap who says it's like quantum of solace 2 though ha ha.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bring them all on!
    Initial #Spectre thoughts then: Everything you expect a Bond film to do well, it does. Great action set-pieces, nice touches of humour...... but there is so much wrong with it. Terrible plot contrivances, a saggy middle, unearned relationships.The main problem with Spectre is that it tries too hard to be interesting by making Bond himself interesting. But the more you define him...... the more you paint him into a corner. A better film here would be to make the PLOT interesting and just let Bond be Bond throughout it.
    https://twitter.com/marziepanic
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Shit.
    Basically - I've been tracking Twitter reactions - 90% raves, especially from the less critic types.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    the writing's on the wall :(
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jake24 wrote: »
    Shit.

Yeah, you said it. :-SS
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Basically - I've been tracking Twitter reactions - 90% raves, especially from the less critic types.

Yea this
    I have to post another coment even though I'm supposed to be on on leave...

The reactions are pretty much what I expected... the movie is decent thanks to the excellent crew and a great cast, but you can't build a masterpiece when the screenplay is mediocre at best. Hopefully the producers finally learned their lesson. You have to have a great screenplay before starting location scouting, building the sets, etc.
    DCisared wrote: »
    Just search spectre on twitter in all tweets there are loads and loads of positive reviews most saying things like incredible and better than skyfall. I count one chap who says it's like quantum of solace 2 though ha ha.

Personally I'd be more than happy with QOS2 but I appreciate that isn't meant as a compliment!
    Seems to be mostly positive luckily. Pretty much what I expected - couple proclamations of "BEST BOND EVER", some "better than Skyfall", some "not as good as Skyfall but good", and just a couple disappointed ones. I can't wait for full reviews.
  • Oh please. There are always going to be naysayers. So far the VAST MAJORITY are saying its great. In particular Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian says "great fun, very exciting", that's a major critical score that will probably be pull-quoted.
    SFX Mag
    Thrilled by SPECTRE. Perfect hybrid of vintage Bond panache and Craig era grit. Almost the true 50th anniversary film three years late...

So far the two most critical tweets have both been from Total Film staff it seems.

Nothing to lose heart over. Terrible plot contrivances didn't do the SF box office any harm!
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Panic over a few armchair quarterbacks? Sounds like it's really good overall. Specifically if you are not the type of person who looks for problems in a film. It sounds like the overly critical viewer has some fresh material to dissect.

Following your RT's and a lot of the reviews seem to be positive. Main points seem to be it's funny, action-packed and with nice nods to the past.

Middle section of the film has come under some criticism though. Seems to be people's main problem.
  • This is exactly the reception I expected from reading the script, so I'm not surprised. Very positive, but there are definitely going to be some who won't be fans.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,160
    "The soundtrack is very much like the soundtrack of Skyfall"
    Kent007 wrote: »
    Middle section of the film has come under some criticism though. Seems to be people's main problem.
    The Austria scenes with the action sequence highlight of the movie, according to Gregg Wilson? I find that hard to believe!