October 21, 2015 - Back to the Future Day

PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
October 21 2015 was the day that Doctor Emmett Brown and Marty McFly leapt 30 years into the future from 1985. We may not have flying cars or hoverboards, but regardless, the future is now.

So, how will you celebrate the 30th Anniversary of this excellent trilogy?

And remember: the future is what you make of it.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Great Scott! It's that time already!?! How time flies. I think I'll watch the entire trilogy again and play the Telltale Back To The Future game. :) Oh and on a random but relevant note, here's a funny picture. :P
    9cjdDxY.jpg
  • From this day forward, ALL of Back to the Future takes place in the past! I hope that doesn't give them any ideas to crap out an unnecessary sequel....

Murdock, did you know there was a comic con recently (or something similar) that sold Pepsi bottles like from the movie?
    I think they were about $50 bucks a pop though (no pun intended, lol)- hell I still would have bought one
    From this day forward, ALL of Back to the Future takes place in the past! I hope that doesn't give them any ideas to crap out an unnecessary sequel....

Murdock, did you know there was a comic con recently (or something similar) that sold Pepsi bottles like from the movie?
    I think they were about $50 bucks a pop though (no pun intended, lol)- hell I still would have bought one

Don't worry, Robert Zemeckis said that there won't be another Back to the Future movie or reboot as long as he's alive. And yeah, I saw that. I'd love to get me a Pepsi Perfect. I believe they were 20 dollars though, I'm not sure. I want a Flying Delorean instead. :P

In other news, Back to the future by telltale is getting re-released on modern consoles and with new voicework with Thomas F. Wilson reprising his role as Biff. The original voice actor for the game sounded nothing like Tom. haha. So that's something to look forward too.
    I love BTTF. Totally superb characters, premise, actors, storyline. I'd go so far as to say I'd put the original in my movie ranking ahead of all Bonds even accepting present company/ forum I'm on,

I'm watching all the episodes in one showing this evening at the local Vue, I did the same on the first show/ release on episode 3 back in the day. Really pumped up for this it'll be a blast. Work things nicely into SP on Monday!!
  • DariusDarius UK
    From this day forward, ALL of Back to the Future takes place in the past! I hope that doesn't give them any ideas to crap out an unnecessary sequel....
    Murdock wrote: »
    Don't worry, Robert Zemeckis said that there won't be another Back to the Future movie or reboot as long as he's alive.

Let's hope he dies before J.J. Abrahams then. Whilst I liked his Star Trek reboot, and I'm sure the Star Wars sequels will be better than the prequels, BTTF is done and finished. I don't believe anyone could add anything to the brilliant trilogy we already have.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Great Scott! It's that time already!?! How time flies. I think I'll watch the entire trilogy again and play the Telltale Back To The Future game. :) Oh and on a random but relevant note, here's a funny picture. :P
    9cjdDxY.jpg

This is heavy, Doc...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Darius wrote: »
    Don't worry, Robert Zemeckis said that there won't be another Back to the Future movie or reboot as long as he's alive.

Let's hope he dies before J.J. Abrahams then. Whilst I liked his Star Trek reboot, and I'm sure the Star Wars sequels will be better than the prequels, BTTF is done and finished. I don't believe anyone could add anything to the brilliant trilogy we already have.

Before JJ Abrahams? Don't you mean after?
    Happy BTTFD everybody!!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Somehow, the 30 year leap back, from 1985 to 1955, seems a heck of a lot longer than the one from 2015 to 1985.
    Spotify has a BTTF playlist.
    I'm in Chicago, so obviously the Cubs and Back to the Future are all the talk right now. It's ironic though that the Cubs can be eliminated today on Oct 21...
    I'm in Chicago, so obviously the Cubs and Back to the Future are all the talk right now. It's ironic though that the Cubs can be eliminated today on Oct 21...
    Yeah, you know, I wanted them to win too! :'(
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondbat007 wrote: »

I'm not sure Cubs nation would know what to do with themselves if they ever won the World Series. Their identity is wrapped up in being "Lovable Losers."
  • DariusDarius UK

Oops, yes.

Sigmund Freud, analyse that!

edited October 2015 Posts: 3,675

Oops, yes.

Sigmund Freud, analyse that!

Analyse that that that that.... Oh, Madonna. She's actually on the Spotify playlist, but not for "Die Another Day". I cannot believe how many people are so angry at Pepsi for their blunder of "marketing" Pepsi Perfect.

"Do you expect me to Pepsi?"
    "No, Mr Bond, I expect you to Coke!"
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A man in Michigan driving a silver Delorean was pulled over for going 88mph.
    jake24 wrote: »
    A man in Michigan driving a silver Delorean was pulled over for going 88mph.

Seriously?
    And with no more lawyers he's going to be looking at 20 years! :))
    I don't know if American fans know this, but tomorrow USA Today will replicate the cover of their October 22, 2015 newspaper that Doc got from seeing what happened to Marty Jr.

http://www.cnet.com/news/usa-today-to-release-back-to-the-future-paper-on-newsstands/

Hopefully these will be much easier to find than Pepsi Perfect.
    I just made this with my new Back to the future 2 flying Delorean hotwheel. :-bd
    fZBbp0al.jpg
  • You better throw an apostrophe in there!
    Looks awesome though! Is that the 1/18 scale car?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I don't know if American fans know this, but tomorrow USA Today will replicate the cover of their October 22, 2015 newspaper that Doc got from seeing what happened to Marty Jr.

http://www.cnet.com/news/usa-today-to-release-back-to-the-future-paper-on-newsstands/

Hopefully these will be much easier to find than Pepsi Perfect.
    Tomorrow's news today? I'm sure they are praying that this will get people to buy a newspaper again!
    You better throw an apostrophe in there!
    Looks awesome though! Is that the 1/18 scale car?

Sadly my BTTF font doesn't come with one, it just leaves an empty gap. #-o
    And no it's 1:64 scale actually. But it's highly detailed and very accurate. Better than the BTTF 1 version released a few years back.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    This is a pivotal moment in time.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 5,767
    Does this still count as an appendix to the BTTF day? I couldn´t find any direct BTTF thread.

There will be new DeLoreans built, with the original design:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/651287-deloreans-go-back-to-the-factory-as-new-cars-roll-out-in-2017
    Well, that's splendid news for DeLorean lovers. (Myself included)