Help Fund a James Bond 007 Censorship Documentary

Hello everyone. As one of the most respected James Bond forums on the internet, I would be most grateful in seeing if any of you were interested in helping out a low-budget filmmaking group with a forthcoming documentary (to be released in 2016). All the details are on the Fundrazr listing below.

Fundrazr Campaign

The listing mentions the web series, Cutting Edge. Although this documentary is not being made as part of the Cutting Edge series, it is being made by the same team of researchers and editors. For more information behind Cutting Edge, you can check out:

The Cutting Edge Fan Page

Thank you for your consideration, everyone.

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Funds sent, good sir! Good luck!
  • Much appreciated indeed, thank you sir!
  • RC7RC7
    I'm curious, how do you plan to clear copyrighted material on a $300 budget?
  • In the United States, you are allowed to use copyrighted material under Fair Use law if it is for educational purposes (amongst other reasons). We have made almost 30 episode of Cutting Edge since 2012 and have never had a problem with copyrighted material in YouTube videos.
  • RC7RC7
    GavSalkeld wrote: »
    In the United States, you are allowed to use copyrighted material under Fair Use law if it is for educational purposes (amongst other reasons). We have made almost 30 episode of Cutting Edge since 2012 and have never had a problem with copyrighted material in YouTube videos.

EON are notoriously litigious. However, I'm not au fait with rights issues surrounding web video production, and I'm sure you are! Good luck with the project.
  • Thank you for your support!
  • Have you found someone to do the voiceover for the film? If not, I am interested in doing so.
  • I sent you a PM.
    @GavSalkeld Gosh, I never knew the American version of CR cut so much of the stairwell fight. It's a shame the uncut version was not included in the BOND 50 Blu-Ray set. Having bought a DVD, a Blu-Ray, and the BOND 50 Blu-Ray, I think I'll pass on that one though.
    Am I seriously the only one interested in this?
    @GavSalkeld Gosh, I never knew the American version of CR cut so much of the stairwell fight. It's a shame the uncut version was not included in the BOND 50 Blu-Ray set. Having bought a DVD, a Blu-Ray, and the BOND 50 Blu-Ray, I think I'll pass on that one though.

I didn't know there were two versions of the stairwell fight. Did the Canadian showings have the unedited version at least?

You'd have to ask @GavSalkeld. I'm not sure. However, if you remember Bond smashing Obanno's head through a stairwell window, that's the full version.
  • Am I seriously the only one interested in this?

Hopefully not :)
  • Come on, everyone! I feel this is a very worthwhile venture to pursue. Can we get a group of folks together to discuss this in further detail and spread the word?
  • I would like to stress again that this is a non-profit venture. It's going to be online (with select donators who give a certain amount receiving a DVD by way of thanks), and it's not going on TV or being sold to a company. It is purely a crowdfunded film, made by James Bond fans, for other likeminded individuals to enjoy. It should be a lot of fun - and hopefully interesting!
    I'd like to know what happens when the campaign ends on Nov. 6?
  • We get to keep whatever we have made -- which is, so far, only $25!
    Well, will it get made if you don't reach $300?
  • It will, but we'll have to cut a lot of corners and it will take us a lot longer to put together :/
    I wish more people would chip in. I can't believe I'm seemingly the only person interested in this.
  • To be fair, I really did think there would be a greater interest. Perhaps people just don't care?
    Well, I'm with you for what it's worth. I can't think of any other way to drum up publicity.
  • Thank you. If you are on Facebook or Twitter and know some other fans, perhaps you could share the link that way?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I will donate $15 if you can I get a nude scene.

Not sure that's going to happen
  • Best I can do is a still of a partially topless Xenia from the shooting of the sauna scene in GoldenEye(!)
    GavSalkeld wrote: »
    Best I can do is a still of a partially topless Xenia from the shooting of the sauna scene in GoldenEye(!)

:O
  • It sounds better than it is, trust me. 'Topless' is too strong a word, it's more like 'partial nipple exposure', haha!
    Well, you're off to the races with $25.
    Two years later almost, one must wonder: production stalled? Development hell?
  • Production is ongoing, it's just being very slow lately. It is a big undertaking. I am posting updates on the Fundrazr page to keep people updated. My apologies to those waiting but I thank you for your patience.