Jack Reacher

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Then we possible can expect James Newton Howard as composer and Steven Rosenblum as editor.
  • Thanks in part to the success of Rogue Nation , Never Go Back starts filming this November. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45098
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So he's wrapping up 'Mena' now, moving on to film the new 'Jack Reacher' in November, starting production on the new 'Mission Impossible' in the summer, and then possibly going on to an 'Edge of Tomorrow' sequel by the end of next year/early 2017. Busy man!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    To put into perspective, Tom Cruise has been the main actor in more movies since 2010 than Daniel Craig has done in total since 2007 (leading and supporting roles).
    edited August 2015 Posts: 40,368
    Cobie Smulders in talks to star in the new 'Jack Reacher' film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/cobie-smulders-in-jack-reacher-2/

AUG. 26 EDIT: Zwick promises a more grounded film - both in realism and emotion - and he plans on making at least one stunt that'll surprise you (though not something as big as the plane sequence from 'Rogue Nation')

http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-bits-50/#more-311372
    The new movie will be released on October 21st, 2016:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=124702
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This and Bourne are the ones I'm most looking forward to for next year.

Not so much the Bat/Supes opus which, to date, has not impressed me all that much (including Wonder Woman casting).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    2016 is going to be a year for number of interesting movies. Tom Cruise is a busy, busy man. Just hope he doesn't burn himself out.
    can we just bank on Zwick directing Mission Impossible 6.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,415
    If there are smart there release movie in The Netherlands on 26 October 2016 and Bourne 5 in on 25 August 2015. The Expendables 2 whas released in second weak of August 2012, but this much better a weak later. There can promote the movie at
    Now You See Me 2 who release is at end of July/begin August 2016. Where in July 2012 it whas TDKR, the half July movie in 2016 is Ice Age 5. So 25 August is 5-6 weaks after that movie.

Jack Reacher at the end of December 2012 did 1 million at start, but totaly only a bit then 2 million. Bourne Legacy did also a bit more then 2 million in total but a litle bit more then Jack Reacher. I think October is better date for Reacher, Skyfall stay for 6 weaks on number one with release date of 30 October 2012. Also Jack Reacher must strike against The Hobbit part 1 and Life Of Pi.

Ice Age 5: 13/15 July 2016
    Now You See Me 2: 31 July/01 August 2016
    Bourne 5: 25 August / 19 August 2016 (But it possible wil be 8 or 15 September / 19 or 26 August 2016)
    Jack Reacher: 26 October / 21 October 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 wil be delayd i think, or atleast it better to release it in second weak of September (The month i expect Bourne 5 wil get) insteed of 18/20 August 2016.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Then we possible can expect James Newton Howard as composer and Steven Rosenblum as editor.

In the mean time James Newton Howard be confirmd as composer.
    Did anyone from this forum get "Make me" ? Any thoughts ?
    They way I read the title is in response to someone trying to force someone to do something against their will.
    Danika Yarosh has joined the film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/danika-yarosh-jack-reacher/
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/38947/more-join-reacher-ouija-conjuring-sequels
    Aldis Hodge, who played MC Ren in the recent hit "Straight Outta Compton," is in talks to join Tom Cruise in the upcoming "Jack Reacher" sequel at Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions.

Details on Hodge's role are under wraps. Danika Yarosh and Cobie Smulders are also in talks for the Ed Zwick-directed film which is slated to begin shooting in November.

So look like Paramount/Tom Cruise like what he did with Mi5, because Mi5 stunt coordinator Wade Eastwood (who work as stunt driver on Spectre) is back for Jack Reacher 2.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Check out the author's website. http://leechild.com/
    You can sign up for his newsletter, The Reacher Report.
    It's interesting. From time to time he has short stories you can read on Kindle, too.
    He explains "Make Me" is exactly that: what kids say when someone wants to push them, to do something they don't want to do. It reflects back to Reacher's instinctive reaction to always step in, not step back, from a confrontation or fight.
    Oliver Wood (Bourne, Safe House, 2 Guns) wil be cinematographer and Clay A. Griffith (We Bought a Zoo, Aloha. Set decorator on Seven and Jerry Maguire ) the production designer.

Almoost unknown Jared Bankens (Mississippi Grind) & Ben VanderMey (Fantastic Four 2015) at as cast members..

Rleases dates confirmd. The Netherlands 27 October 2015. UK/VS/Sweden: 21 October 2016. Germany: 03 November 2016.
    It's great that this movie is shaping up nicely, I hope they'll make a great movie as the 2nd movie will be clutch in determining if Reacher can become a franchise/trilogy
    He just never ages!!!
  • Title of the 21st Reacher book has been revealed : NIGHT SCHOOL
    no other info so far , other than that it's a prequel.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Title of the 21st Reacher book has been revealed : NIGHT SCHOOL

It'll be just two hours of Reacher in a school taking night classes, with constant flashes towards the ticking clock as he tries to finish his graduating exam. It's basically going to be like High Noon set in a high school, if you can believe it. Lee Child sure is getting experimental in his old age.
    Title of the 21st Reacher book has been revealed : NIGHT SCHOOL

It'll be just two hours of Reacher in a school taking night classes, with constant flashes towards the ticking clock as he tries to finish his graduating exam. It's basically going to be like High Noon set in a high school, if you can believe it. Lee Child sure is getting experimental in his old age.

Damn, I was hoping it'd be something akin to 'The Breakfast Club' meets 'The Bourne Ultimatum.' Pass!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    From Lee Child's e-newsletter:

Soon it'll be 2016 - did the year go by quickly or what? Stuff to look forward to? Well... since everybody here at Team Reacher has read MAKE ME, we're waiting impatiently for next fall's book, NIGHT SCHOOL. We know it's a prequel set before THE AFFAIR but that's all we know, and probably will be all we know for a while. Patience is a virtue, or so I'm told...

We're also looking forward to the next movie - Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Filming is going on now, and if all goes as planned there'll be a finished movie in theaters in October 2016. It's got a great cast, Edward Zwick is a terrific director, and Lee once again has a juicy cameo. 10 months isn't that long to wait, right? Ah, patience.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What was Lee's cameo in the first movie? This is news to me.
    What was Lee's cameo in the first movie? This is news to me.

He played the police officer at the prison that Cruise and Rosamund Pike speak to when Pike comes to bail him out.

Oh, nice. I'll have to give the scene a look the next time I watch the film, whenever that will be.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/40941/robert-knepper-joins-jack-reacher-sequel
    Robert Knepper Joins "Jack Reacher" Sequel

By Garth Franklin Thursday January 21st 2016 12:09AM
    Robert Knepper Joins "Jack Reacher" Sequel
    Robert Knepper ("Prison Break," "Arrow") has been cast in Edward Zwick's upcoming sequel "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" at Paramount Pictures, Skydance Productions and TC Productions.

Tom Cruise returns in the title role for the story in which Reacher returns to the headquarters of his old Army unit, only to find he's been accused of a sixteen-year-old murder.

Knepper plays General Harkness, a retired general-turned-CEO of a private military contractor firm. A man of power and authority who thinks he's a hero and is unafraid to do what's necessary.

Cobie Smulders, Robert Catrini, Danika Yarosh, Aldis Hodge, Patrick Heusinger, Holt McCallany and Austin Hebert co-star. Zwick, Richard Wenk and Marshall Herskovitz co-wrote the script for the follow-up which hits cinemas October 16th.

Source: Deadline
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm not too happy about this development to be honest. Knepper is a good actor for sure, but unfortunately I subconsciously associate him these days with some pretty shoddy sequels (Transporter 3, Species 3) and a poor season of Heroes. He's a somewhat typecast character normally too.

Hopefully he can surprise me in the role.