SPECTRE - Press reviews and personal reviews (BEWARE! Spoiler reviews allowed)

aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
edited October 2015 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 1,208
I'm starting this thread because I think the press reviews will start coming in soon and this will be a nice spot to put in all the reviews. Especially when the film gets released on the 26th in the UK and there are a lot of people that don't want to see the movie until it's out in their country.
No need for spoiler tags for this thread but a waring to people who want it to be a surprise don't read this thread.

For non spoiler reviews go to:
http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13391/spectre-non-spoiler-reviews

Comments

Only a matter of time. The first press screening has already happened at the BFI-IMAX yesterday! They were blown away! Expect good reviews. :-B
    How do you know the "They were blown away?" Imbd?
    I've been wondering about another thread that's spoiler free and can be safely read by those awaiting a viewing themselves days/weeks later with it only permitted to show a personal rating out of 5 (or 10?) and ONLY USE 5 WORDS!?
    4* Absolutely effing fantastic loved it!

Would gauge a general reaction without spoiling specifics - could everyone be disciplined to do this?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    andmcit wrote: »
    I've been wondering about another thread that's spoiler free and can be safely read by those awaiting a viewing themselves days/weeks later with it only permitted to show a personal rating out of 5 (or 10?) and ONLY USE 5 WORDS!?
    4* Absolutely effing fantastic loved it!

Would gauge a general reaction without spoiling specifics - could everyone be disciplined to do this?

Was just thinking the same, since we get it 16 days after UK release
    Wow, Robbie Collin apparently was stunned. He think it's unreal that also this Bond film will be among the TOP 5 of best Bond films.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Wow, Robbie Collin apparently was stunned. He think it's unreal that also this Bond film will be among the TOP 5 of best Bond films.

"Do I know the gentleman?"
    bondsum wrote: »
    Only a matter of time. The first press screening has already happened at the BFI-IMAX yesterday! They were blown away! Expect good reviews. :-B

Any source for that?
    I don't find any info on a press screening at the BFI IMAX, that happened yesterday?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wait what? A preview has been shown already? And the feedback us positive?? SOURCE???
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2015 Posts: 7,966
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Wait what? A preview has been shown already? And the feedback us positive?? SOURCE???

I don't now how reliable it is, but everyone who have 'seen' it are overwhelmingly positive.

I don't now how reliable it is, but everyone who have 'seen' it are overwhelmingly positive.

Hmmm
    :-?

Guess we'll have to wait for more substantial feedback.
    But WHO has said it WHERE? Not that I am not eager top believe it.
    Invites to SPECTRE UK press screening going out - runtime is 148 minutes

CRcBIq3WsAA9LEK.jpg:large

• so its official. its the l o n g e s t Bond film. :D
    Think the BFI IMAX screening news is bogus because:

According to what Michael G. Wilson told me #SPECTRE will be finished in about 4 days, 24 hours before the first press screening #filmmaking
  • When someone finds out from press or another source whether the gun barrel is at the beginning, please could you post it in the gun barrel section or let me know with spoiler tag for others attached to this message. thanks
    antovolk wrote: »
    Invites to SPECTRE UK press screening going out - runtime is 148 minutes

CRcBIq3WsAA9LEK.jpg:large

DC as co-producer..... as a commitment or bargain that we'll see him in B25?

Not bogus in the slightest. It was shown to a select few critics to guage what to cut (if anything) and what to leave in. This was NOT the official screening for Press and assorted media. Sorry, I have no links as this info is ab intra, basically from within.
    Not bogus in the slightest. It was shown to a select few critics to guage what to cut (if anything) and what to leave in. This was NOT the official screening for Press and assorted media. Sorry, I have no links as this info is ab intra, basically from within.

Like I said, I guess all of us would like to very much believe you, as you said, the reception was overwhelmingly good.

• bondsum wrote: »
    I think it is an inteligent idea showing the movie to a small group of top critics to be part of the process, so I can believe you.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I think it is an inteligent idea showing the movie to a small group of top critics to be part of the process, so I can believe you.
    I remember what he's talking about, and I recall one of them saying it was a hell of a film.
    Yeah but it was a Sony exec who made tge comment; hardly the most reliable source to take his word as gospel.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Germanlady wrote: »
    But WHO has said it WHERE? Not that I am not eager top believe it.

Just remember that the rumour/truth ratio from insiders in this forum is close to 100% :) And for the rest, it's more confusion than pure lies.

No one bothered to claim to "know" who was singing the song for instance, there's not many mythomaniacs here actually.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yeah but it was a Sony exec who made tge comment; hardly the most reliable source to take his word as gospel.
    True. Not that I doubt It'll be a hell of a film, but a Sony exec isn't going to say it was terrible if they're asked about their own film.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Where are the bloody reviews?
    It's high time for them, it's strange and annoying.
    Every other movie gets marketed but not Spectre, Switzerland is a Spectre free zone it seems. 3 years ago posters everywhere, now none at all except at the cinemas.
  • Where are the bloody reviews?
    It's high time for them, it's strange and annoying.
    Every other movie gets marketed but not Spectre, Switzerland is a Spectre free zone it seems. 3 years ago posters everywhere, now none at all except at the cinemas.
    On wednesday, after press screening.
    Posters will come about one week before the release.
  • RC7RC7
    I've also heard from a good source about this pre-screening, screening and the sentiment was that yes, it's everything you'd want and expect.
    I'm interested in which critics (if any) have the respect of the forum? For me, Kermode is THE man, if he likes it, I will like it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    patb wrote: »
    I'm interested in which critics (if any) have the respect of the forum? For me, Kermode is THE man, if he likes it, I will like it.

JamesBondRadio! \m/
    RC7 wrote: »
    I've also heard from a good source about this pre-screening, screening and the sentiment was that yes, it's everything you'd want and expect.

[-O< [-O< [-O< Dear God, please let this be true!