No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    "Rumour".

To Be. Or Not To Be.

That is The Question. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm not for it. Bond should always reflect the current times.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    jake24 wrote: »

Agreed. It would come off as tacky and forced. That's one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but I wouldn't recommend the execution.
    Well, personally, I'm not against it. If Sherlock Holmes has been done many times as a period piece set in the 1880s or 1890s, I would never say no to another James Bond flick that's set in the 1960s. Double standards.
    Nope, I certainly do not want this to happen.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Pretty great new rumour:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/611241/007-return-heyday-era-1960s

007 set to return to his heyday era of the 1960s

Is this is the case, I believe a Bond concept film (if you will) would be great. I reckon you could still keep Harris, Fiennes and Whishaw in as well.

Also I believe Fassbender would be such a perfect fit for a 60s set Bond:

latest?cb=20130329231744

It wouldn't surprise me if this is true and if this is the direction they want to take.

After what DC has done in the present day with the role, it will be difficult for anyone to top it going forward, and the options to expand the character arc in the present day are somewhat limited.

However, if they go back in time, there are far more creative options available to them.

Having said that, I'm not too keen on it myself. After the financial debacle of Man from Uncle earlier this year, I'm not sure how the public will feel about it either.

I'd much rather they cast someone in a much different mold from DC and start afresh in the present day with interesting, topical missions. It really shouldn't be all that difficult with the right creative minds involved, but somehow they seemed to make it so with SP...
  • RC7RC7
    Sounds like a 'rumour' and nothing more. Don't believe it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »

Not surprising. We're in the midst of full throttle bulls*** season.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Really don't believe it. Already commented in other thread but no ..Cinematic Bond should stay contemporary.

There is no incentive to even try this so why?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    " There's a usual four letter word and this new rumour is full of it."
    Shardlake wrote: »
    " There's a usual four letter word and this new rumour is full of it."

My favorite Dalton Bond line

;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Moore said it first. ;)
    I was quoting the line from Sir Rog, didn't even realise that Dalton has said it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Moore said it first. ;)

I didn't realize Moore's Bond said it. Which film?

Poor Dalton ...that was his only good line in two films and y'all are even taking that away from him :(.

TMWTGG. Bond to Scaramanga!
    jerome007 wrote: »
    TMWTGG. Bond to Scaramanga!

Oh that's right

Amen to that! And Matt Weiner as screenwriter? What on earth is wrong with Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Moore said it first. ;)

I didn't realize Moore's Bond said it. Which film?

Poor Dalton ...that was his only good line in two films and y'all are even taking that away from him :(.

I now remember Dalton's version it was slightly different but Rog's delivery was much more smooth with a hint of cruelness. I'm not his biggest fan but it's a great put down and you can tell Scaramanga feels it, nice bit on screen dueling between Moore & Lee.
    Yes, Moore's line delivery is particularly effective in that scene. He says it like he means it......and Scaramanga's look in response (although he had been assembling his gun all along sensing that Bond was not with the program) is chilling. Goodnight's panic is also palpable..

Great scene in an underrated gem of a film imho.

Moore, as usual, wipes the floor with Dalton when it comes to line delivery.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, Moore's line delivery is particularly effective in that scene. He says it like he means it......and Scaramanga's look in response (although he had been assembling his gun all along sensing that Bond was not with the program) is chilling. Goodnight's panic is also palpable..

Great scene in an underrated gem of a film imho.

Moore, as usual, wipes the floor with Dalton when it comes to line delivery.

I need to rewatch TMWTGG again but I do remember that scene now.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    When does Dalton say it?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Walecs wrote: »
    When does Dalton say it?
    On the plane to Afghanistan with Kara and the beating pig's (or some animal's) heart when Jorgi mouths off about something.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    In both films the scenes are limited to Bond, the villain and the girl. In both Bond is the villain's captive and therefore is provoking the villain from a point of disadvantage. And in both the girl appears to be with the villain but is planning to help Bond escape.
  • DariusDarius UK
    A-hem! How about we get back on topic, folks?

One thing we do know is that DC is contracted to do one more movie for Eon, so let's take that as read. this fact has been iterated and re-iterated throughout the media (trustworthy and otherwise) for many years now. Wilson and Broccoli have frequently said on record that DC is welcome to stay as Bond as long as he likes, and it seems to me that if Dan wants a "rest" between movies, then he's likely to get one, especially of SP turns out to be the rip-roaring success that SF was.

Whether Sam Mendes will return is more open to debate. My guess is that he won't return due to other commitments and this time, Eon will have to seek another director. It's unlikely that Christopher Nolan will accept the gig of directing a Bond movie in the near future, as he already has plans that span up to 2017 and possibly to 2018. One such movie is Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which I believe is due out in 2017. I believe that he has contracted to direct another, as yet unnamed, movie for Warner Bros., due out in 2018.

So who else should be asked to step up to the Bond 25 plate?
    Nolan has nothing to do with Batman V Superman except he is producing it and it is coming out in 2016 And his next film is coming out in 2017 so He could direct Bond 25 in 2018 but I somehow doubt it.

Personally after Bridge of Spies I am wondering if Spielberg might actually get to do one. Just a thought

as for Matthew writing Bond 25 I am fine with this idea as long as the film is good.
    I'm not for it, the eon series shouldn't do anything like that and should focus on the main series, but it would be interesting to see a different studio make a 1960's bond esque film/ series
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I'm not for it, the eon series shouldn't do anything like that and should focus on the main series, but it would be interesting to see a different studio make a 1960's bond esque film/ series

They did ..it was The Man from UNCLE and it bombed.

edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423

Well, it bombed because people took interest in the other film that came out the same day, and its name is Straight Outta Compton. And saying it 'bombed' wouldn't be a fair statement since it made $100M in the box office against a $75M budget.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,512

Well, it bombed because people took interest in the other film that came out the same day, and its name is Straight Outta Compton. And saying it 'bombed' wouldn't be a fair statement since it made $100M in the box office against a $75M budget.

Period Bond happened and it was arguably the pinnacle. No need to make an imitation. Lazy and unnecessary.