Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    jake24 wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    We should resurrect this thread and change it to the SPECTRE gunbarrel.
    If we're changing this to the SPECTRE gunbarrel thread, then I'd like to be the first to say...

Gunbarrel to open the film, before the PTS! Who's with me? :D
    Would it be classified as a spoiler if I knew something about the SPECTRE gunbarrel itself?

I think it won't but you should put it in spoiler tags

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I haven't read the script, but I can very safely assume that the gunbarrel will be at the beginning of the film. Someone who read the script posted on the IMDB forums that there will be the traditional gunbarrel sequence, which ends up transitioning into a skull eye socket. We can infer that since the PTS takes place in Mexico City during the Day of the Dead festival, which predominantly features skull masks and decorations...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Samuel001
    @Benny
    @NicNac
    @DarthDimi
    Would either of you mind changing the title of this thread to SPECTRE Gunbarrel ***spoilers*** if possible? Thanks :)
    Alright the title is changed. I would love it if they used this exact design for SP. The one shown in the SF poster that for some strange reason was never used in the actual film.
    SKY_DIGI_ONLN_TSR_1SHT_1_0514_RGB_300_1.jpg
    Sam Mendes did say he wanted the gun barrel to open Skyfall but he couldn't because go the opening shot. I hope for SPECTRE he wants the gunbarrel back in the beginning as well.
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    Gunbarrel to open the film, before the PTS! Who's with me?

I'm hoping for a correction of the time honored tradition of the gun barrel opening the film. All Mr. Mendes has got to do is plan it that way, and I feel this next film will harken back to more than a handful of traditions.

Here's hoping.

• RC7RC7
    I reckon it's back. I think Sam knows how important it is. We're all going to need a change of of underwear on first viewing.
    Look at my above post involving a gunbarrel spoiler.
    Look at my above post involving a gunbarrel spoiler.
    Not everyone wants to look at spoilers before hand - some want to go in completely unspoiled - including the Gunbarrel...

• edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Yes exactly, Bond fans in here have been dying to see the return of the one-and-only gunbarrel sequence at the start of "SPECTRE". This topic says it all: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4746/spectre-top-5-elements-spectre-must-have-to-tackle-all-criticism-that-surrounded-skyfall#latest . It was the hottest discussed item in there, and now it comes back. Everyone loves that bit of "spoiled news" :-). And instead of zooming out on a coffin, like the gunbarrel from "Thunderball"....

it now zooms out on the inside of an eye socket from a skull. I guess it'll zoom out on one of these wunderful skulls:
    las-calaveras-cancun-mexico+1152_12926867816-tpfil02aw-26286.jpg
    The "Dia de los Muertes" has also become quite popular here in Barcelona. I have been to an event here on the columbarium cemetery in November 2013 in Barcelona. And it's quite an amazing cultural event. Not as "big" as in Latin America though ;-):
    20121102_634874887244101740w.jpg
    So again, a wunderfull idea :-). And in line with other fantastic cultural events we've seen in Bond films, like the Junkanoo in TB, the Palio in QOS, the Balinese Dancing in TMWTGG or the Jazz Funerals in LALD. One CAN NOT now accuse Sam Mendes of not including these things in a Bond film ;-).
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I wonder if Dan's going to have another pose.
    If so, he'll be the only (returning) actor to have a new gunbarrel filmed for each of his films?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    JCRendle wrote: »
    If so, he'll be the only (returning) actor to have a new gunbarrel filmed for each of his films?

Which is a little ironic considering he has never had a traditional gunbarrel. And Craig has filmed more gunbarrels than any of the previous Bonds also.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    I would like to see a classic Maurice Binder gunbarrell with that red shroud coming down instead of the computer generated crap we have been treated to in recent outtings. Just my opinion

Yes. Totally agree.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,661
    It's back at the start. Official. Fact. Genuine. The real deal. Yes. Cool. Alrighty. Wow. Oh boy. At last.

Etc. :)
    Bump
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Is it definitely 100% back at the start? The empire interview says and I quote
    "I tried to put it in at the beginning of the movie [for skyfall]...
    I really wanted to put it in the last one. I definitely think I'll try to put it in this time.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,021
    film is clocking in at 3hours and 15minutes

the gunbarrel is now during the entracte!

;-)
  • @BondJasonBond006

I just saw on another thread that you also mentioned the gunbarrel during the middle of the film!

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @BondJasonBond006

I just saw on another thread that you also mentioned the gunbarrel during the middle of the film!

he, he ;;) we think alike :))
    I love this one! Would be great if Daniel shoots two times!!:

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I love this one! Would be great if Daniel oshoots two times!!:

No it wouldn't. Bond should only ever need one shot.
  • RC7RC7
    DCisared wrote: »
    I love this one! Would be great if Daniel oshoots two times!!:

No it wouldn't. Bond should only ever need one shot.

Agreed!
    I want Bond to stepdance in the gun-barrel 3:-O
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    @BondJasonBond006

This organization, whats it called?
    It's name is.... dun nuh dun, dun nuh dun...

Spectre.

edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    @BondJasonBond006

This organization, whats it called?
    It's name is.... dun nuh dun, dun nuh dun...

Spectre.

Wrong.

It's called:

GUBAMOMO
    GUnBArrelMiddleOfMOvie
  • BREAKING NEWS

In a letter distributed to cinemas worldwide EON PRODUCTIONS/MGM/SONY PICTURES have asked that the GUNBARREL for the latest James Bond film SPECTRE be shown just after the adverts and before the trailers. A spokesman for the films production company said in a statement "with the gunbarrel slapped between the ads and the trailers we know that the Bond fans will turn up early to see it and as a result will also see all the other exciting films that are on their way, and know that they don't have to wait another 3 years to go to the cinema"
    BREAKING NEWS

In a letter distributed to cinemas worldwide EON PRODUCTIONS/MGM/SONY PICTURES have asked that the GUNBARREL for the latest James Bond film SPECTRE be shown just after the adverts and before the trailers. A spokesman for the films production company said in a statement "with the gunbarrel slapped between the ads and the trailers we know that the Bond fans will turn up early to see it and as a result will also see all the other exciting films that are on their way, and know that they don't have to wait another 3 years to go to the cinema"
    I sincerely hope you're joking.
  • The music for the Spectre GB is excellent! Where is it from?
    =bg= wrote: »
    I think it would be terrific if they just lifted the gun barrel from one of the early Connery's, and inserted Craig. And use the original version of the theme. The same one.

I think that could be very likely. Just making the actual dots and the gunbarrel-circle smaller, like with the first three gunbarrel sequences (DN, FRWL, GF), would create even slightly more mystery to the character.

It's also the biggest wish of most Bond fans in here that the original Maurice Binder-barrel returns.....perhaps with a very good rendition of Monty Norman's Bond theme, reworked by Thomas Newman.

What about a combination of this gunbarrel (lovely music, great gunbarrel pose by Daniel):

But combined with the original gunbarrel template from Maurice Binder: