SPECTRE: What will the Villain's Scheme of this Bond film be? What's the "Terrible Truth"?

124»

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Based on shooting footage and what was in the script, I can't get past "how" Bond encounters SPECTRE. I'm thinking more along the lines of the banking industry, as in The International, starring Clive Owen. I think we're dealing with wealthy, powerful people (something Bond has encountered before) but in this case, the reach is far greater than ever imagined. Think: HSBC.
  • scouse007 wrote: »
    Biological Warefare would be very 1980's. The Terrible Truth is SPECTRE have been running the show and Bond without knowing has been working for them and discovers this via the cryptic message left by Dench's M. Thus, she was working on a plan to destroy them and Waltz ' s character's finger print is the key to Bond finding him and destroying SPECTRE.

Or they pollute a new medicine with an addictive agent that causes instant addiction and aim to make money from the antidote.

We are assuming things in here....I guess?

No like everybody else forming an opinion of what the plot could be. Why what do you think it is?

• aaron819 wrote: »
    I just took snapshots of the digital version of the Empire April 2015 issue.

Here are the screenshots:

1VRG0vR.png
    KUfhUZz.jpg
    Hr5SUzF.jpg
    ivLxM1p.jpg
    5lAbuWv.jpg
    8dhwa4H.jpg
    KWyIRJY.jpg

Well, this article more or less is in line with my anticipations or hunches about the villain's plot. Biochemics or medicins could very well be a central plot theme of the film. So....stunning and wunderful :-D! Sorry for sounding a bit arrogant, but sometimes I just wonder if my brains are being scanned by EON Productions lol.
    Sometimes I wonder if mine is too. You were the first one to mention Waltz as possible Blofeld.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if mine is too. You were the first one to mention Waltz as possible Blofeld.

Hehe, we have "special capabilities" hehe. In all honesty? I try to anticipate a bit. And also what really could work....what really could make the most perfect Bond films for......intellectuals, kids, politicians, hooligans, professors, women, young, old. It's not that easy though....

The horrible truth will be Waltz will be Blofeld and Bond will know this and going back when they was younger Blofeld was starting a movement that is now a world aristocracy incorporating plans to use either the fear of terrorism or as in QOS environmental issues to form a world bank using one currency to take over the world. Resulting in everyone being controlled. Think of European countries that threw away their national currencies to form the Euro and now SPECTRE are close to getting the rest of the world to throw away their national currencies.

Blofeld will be a myth hidden behind many layers of organisations involved and very powerful people and Bond throughout SP will uncover the clues to confront Blofeld. I guess there will be reference to his parents and as mentioned in SF Bond resolving his unresolved childhood trauma that led to his pathological defiance of authority.
    It's perhaps a horrible truth, but what will be the danger to the London, the UK, or perhaps planet Earth?

Anyway, I'm starting to think that this Hoffler Clinic is in part related to what we will see after Christoph Waltz'
    CGI markers have been fully utilized
    . Any ideas @RC7?
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512

Anyway, I'm starting to think that this Hoffler Clinic is in part related to what we will see after Christoph Waltz'
    . Any ideas @RC7?

I'm thinking probably not. We know he'll feature in Rome and London, (presumably Morocco?) I think Austria is a bit of a curveball. You'd expect him to appear there, which makes me think he won't. It seems from the trailer and images that Austria revolves around Swann and Mr. White. I also think that if something were to happen
    to scar him during the film, it'll be towards the latter end. Unless of course he's already scarred/deformed, but I doubt that. If we work on the premise that the disfiguration is part of the process of him 'becoming Blofeld' as we hypothesised the other day, then for him to be receiving treatment (I'm assuming that's what you're thinking) the scarring would have to happen in Rome. That seems unlikely to me as from what we've seen Bond escapes and is pursued by Hinx. Unless of course there's a fight, but I don't see him engaging Oberhauser that early on. I might be totally wrong.
    RC7 wrote: »

. Any ideas @RC7?

I'm thinking probably not. We know he'll feature in Rome and London, (presumably Morocco?) I think Austria is a bit of a curveball. You'd expect him to appear there, which makes me think he won't. It seems from the trailer and images that Austria revolves around Swann and Mr. White. I also think that if something were to happen
    to scar him during the film, it'll be towards the latter end. Unless of course he's already scarred/deformed, but I doubt that. If we work on the premise that the disfiguration is part of the process of him 'becoming Blofeld' as we hypothesised the other day, then for him to be receiving treatment (I'm assuming that's what you're thinking) the scarring would have to happen in Rome. That seems unlikely to me as from what we've seen Bond escapes and is pursued by Hinx. Unless of course there's a fight, but I don't see him engaging Oberhauser that early on. I might be totally wrong.

Let me put it more bluntly then:
    What is the role of the Hoffler Clinic in all this. I do think it has a similar narrative as Piz Gloria in OHMSS and the Gene Therapy Clinic in DAD.
    What do you think?
  • RC7RC7

. Any ideas @RC7?

What is the role of the Hoffler Clinic in all this. I do think it has a similar narrative as Piz Gloria in OHMSS and the Gene Therapy Clinic in DAD.
    What do you think?

I think it's as simple as being
    Madeleine's place of work. Why Bond would go there, I don't know. In search of White perhaps? Other than that I really don't have a clue. It may have some connection to Oberhauser, but still not convinced he'll be there.

. Any ideas @RC7?

What do you think?

Madeleine's place of work. Why Bond would go there, I don't know. In search of White perhaps? Other than that I really don't have a clue. It may have some connection to Oberhauser, but still not convinced he'll be there.

I am convinced this
    Clinic is connected to whatever happens in the climax of "SPECTRE" in London. Don't forget that it was rumoured that Madeleine Swann actually is the daughter of Mr White. So why would Mr White be in Austria? Visiting that clinic?
  • RC7RC7

. Any ideas @RC7?

What do you think?

I am convinced this
    Clinic is connected to whatever happens in the climax of "SPECTRE" in London. Don't forget that it was rumoured that Madeleine Swann actually is the daughter of Mr White. So why would Mr White be in Austria? Visiting that clinic?

It looks to me like White is holed up somewhere, for some reason. He doesn't look like he's seen the sun in a while, that's for sure.

. Any ideas @RC7?

What do you think?

I am convinced this
    My bet is biological warfare, covering up as something else. Maybe the rich and famous in there can have a virus inoculated to them, which would be released in London. Maybe then need two elements for it to be active, something like this. As for Waltz being disfigured, I do think it shows up later on in the movie too.
    Could the WW II secret NAZI-operation "Bernhard" have anything to do with the villain's plot:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bernhard

Operation Bernhard was primarily set in Tangier, Morocco; Meran, Northern-Italy and Lake Toplitz, Austria. Coincidentally, those are also the locations used in "SPECTRE". And Lake Toplitz was mentioned briefly in "Goldfinger". Could Oberhauser be a energized Austrian fascist who wants to bring down the UK with a plan similar to Operation Bernhard??
    Maybe as an inspiration. Reminds me somewhat of LALD (the novel).
  • RC7RC7
    The more I think about it, the more I'm unconvinced biological warfare is involved. I wish it was, but I'm losing faith. There's a link between Bond and Oberhauser, that is clear, and it's not a stretch to assume it's the personal crux of the 'story'. Adding a unique and potentially intricate plot alongside that seems like a lot to juggle. They couldn't achieve it with SF, so can't see them doing it this time.

We know White is back and we can perhaps guess he has links with SPECTRE via Quantum. My feeling is that this is in part alluding to the villains scheme. If Oberhauser/Blofeld is behind SP and hence Quantum, it means he's effectively had a hand in every Craig film. Therefore his scheme is ongoing. The fact he's been under their nose all this time. Who knows who he has in his pocket?
    OHMSS had a very personal streak yet Blofeld had a large scheme involving biological warfare. The two are not mutually exclusive.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    ECo5Z.jpg
    You know, I previously thought that the villain's scheme of Oberhauser would be like an extended and larger computerhacking plot. But I was never really sure. And this new screenshot baffles me even more. It seems like a lair with several telescopes. It looks like a giant astronomical observatory. So I'm now even more confused about the villain's scheme. What will the "terrible truth" be?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,552
    What will the "terrible truth" be?
    He's a closet stargazer

X_X :-SS :-S :(
    ECo5Z.jpg
    You know, I previously thought that the villain's scheme of Oberhauser would be like an extended and larger computerhacking plot. But I was never really sure. And this new screenshot baffles me even more. It seems like a lair with several telescopes. It looks like a giant astronomical observatory. So I'm now even more confused about the villain's scheme. What will the "terrible truth" be?

What strikes me are the pipelines and the tanks. If OHMSS was freely used, I'd say there is a good chance biological warfare will be nature of the doomsday device of choice. I never thought they'd use computer hacking twice in a row. My bet: poisonous gas or virus or something of the sort in industrial quantities. Imagine a WMD produced in mass production like sausages.

Anyway, I might be completely off the chart here. But that's my hypothesis.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    ECo5Z.jpg

What strikes me are the pipelines and the tanks. If OHMSS was freely used, I'd say there is a good chance biological warfare will be nature of the doomsday device of choice. I never thought they'd use computer hacking twice in a row. My bet: poisonous gas or virus or something of the sort in industrial quantities. Imagine a WMD produced in mass production like sausages.

For me....discovering the villain's plot is always so hugelyyy exciting with a new Bond film. And the fact is, to quote Mr White: "You don't even know?!?!?!" :-D
  • RC7RC7
    ECo5Z.jpg

I'd like to think you're correct, but looking at this and the shot of Oberhauser surrounded by screens I'm thinking these are satellite receivers and we're still in techno territory. Oberhauser as Big Brother, if you like.
    ECo5Z.jpg

I'd like to think you're correct, but looking at this and the shot of Oberhauser surrounded by screens I'm thinking these are satellite receivers and we're still in techno territory. Oberhauser as Big Brother, if you like.

Could be. A revamp of Dr No's scheme, maybe? Still, it's the pipelines that make me suspect biological warfare/WMD.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 832
    I put this in spoilers because It's from one of the magazines and I don't want people to get mad. Also as I have read the script this is confirmed true.
    It's called the Hoofler Klinik, Swann is a psychologist... I Imagine that she's gonna have a similar scene with bond that he had with the psychologist in SF
    This time.....I was able not to open your spoiler @Ottofuse8 ;-). I will keep it that way hehe.
    ECo5Z.jpg

Could be. A revamp of Dr No's scheme, maybe? Still, it's the pipelines that make me suspect biological warfare/WMD.

What about those 4 or 5 telescopes/star observatories?? Are they there to enhance......techno-terrorism?? :-S
    Yea I mean its not that big of a spoiler, but yea if you want to know nothing don't read it
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 10
    ECo5Z.jpg

When I look at that image, I can't help but be reminded of the plot to QoS. I would think that by owning basic natural resources (water), one could easily threaten to release any number of toxins into the supply. It could be that Greene Planet was the "legitimate" face of the operation, Quantum managed the financing, and Spectre pulled the strings from the background. For all we know, this could have been the very basis for the Tierra Project.

Regardless of what people say about QoS, the film actually had a very interesting plot. It just sucks that the story was so poorly put together and under-explored. More than anything, I am really hoping Spectre (the film) will bring QoS full circle and do it some justice.
    ECo5Z.jpg

When I look at that image, I can't help but be reminded of the plot to QoS. I would think that by owning basic natural resources (water), one could easily threaten to release any number of toxins into the supply. It could be that Greene Planet was the "legitimate" face of the operation, Quantum managed the financing, and Spectre pulled the strings from the background. For all we know, this could have been the very basis for the Tierra Project.

Regardless of what people say about QoS, the film actually had a very interesting plot. It just sucks that the story was so poorly put together and under-explored. More than anything, I am really hoping Spectre (the film) will bring QoS full circle and do it some justice.

I loved QOS' plot about the water, however because of the lukewarm (at best) reception regarding the movie as a whole, I doubt they will use much of it as background. Of course there is Mr White in SP, but: 1)White was also in CR, and 2)he is also there to bring some closure to the whole Quantum storyline and his own character. But it's possible that they use water as a mean to an end in SP, the way they used livestock in OHMSS.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,415
    Pipeline what remember me to Chili from QOS and i bett there be some hot water in those pipelines. Together with those sun things, used as Renewable energy (Dutch: Groenen stroom/Duurzame Energie). That's why it is desert of Mexico or Marocco. It need the sun. I see it as way there get money after
    stolen painting
    in Skyfall for example.
    There celling it to highest bidder.

After years some people realy like to vergot what Dominic Greene & White saying in QOS or what happend in CR.