Favourite John Glen BOND? (POLL ADDED)

edited November 2011 in Trivia & Games Posts: 79
It has to be LTK for me, LD, FYO, ATVAK and OC (Bond as a Clown? NOOOOOOOOO). "Mr Bond, I could buy you a Delicattesen.....In stainless steele!!!"

Comments

TLD

Fyi, this topic should be moved to Bond Movies-->Games
  • TLD,FYEO, AVTAK and OP

The Living Daylights would be my favorite of the Glen lot, Daltons introduction etc, a damn fine James Bond outing

The Living Daylights followed closely by Licence to Kill.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    OP, followed by FYEO, TLD, AVTAK and LTK.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    LTK
    OP
    TLD
    FYEO
    AVTAK
    TLD/LTK- I like them both for different reasons. Two fantastic films
    FYEO-Great performance from Moore. Exciting action, good direction
    OP-Lots of fun to watch, good action
    AVTAK-Although enjoyable at some points, the direction seems flat compared to Glen's other films and watching Grandpa Bond go around is just pathetic at points
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    FYEO
    TLD
    LTK
    OP
    AVTAK
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,310
    The Living Daylights is Glen's best. But I think a lot of the high points of the film are not by his doing: a surprisingly effective twisty plot written by Maibaum and Wilson and strong performances from Dalton and d'Abo stand out. As a matter of fact, the only thing I really could do without in The Living Daylights is the cello case chase...which was Glen's idea if I recall.

The list goes:

1. The Living Daylights
    2. Licence To Kill (LTK is number 2 as an all around film...but LTK is one of the least stylish Bond films ever and that is Glen's fault)
    3. Octopussy
    4. For Your Eyes Only
    5. A View to a Kill
    This is easy. I rank the Glen films. Everyone here notice how Glen's films always have a classic "animal" scare scene? His trademark.
    LTK
    OCTOPUSSY
    FYEO
    LD
    AVTAK
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I added a poll, folks.

My choices:

1. LTK
    2. FYEO
    3. TLD
    4. OP
    5. AVTAK
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    John Glen is often unfairly bashed by some Bond fans I feel. His work on the Bond series starting on OHMSS is what started my interest in Bond. I never thought Cubby was a fool, and he obviously hired Glen to direct five Bonds for a reason. Like many of the directors before him, he really understood what made a good Bond film. And in most cases, gave us some wonderful Bond moments to enjoy time and time again.
    As far as favourites go, for me it would be ;

1. OP
    2. TLD
    3. LTK
    4. FYEO
    5. AVTAK
    Living Daylights for sure. It's his own favourite as well. His worst was obviously View to A Kill.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Moved to Bond Movies Trivia & Games
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Living Daylights.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    TLD
    LTK

FYEO

OP

AVTAK
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    001) TLD*
    002) OP*
    003) LTK
    004) FYEO
    005) AVTAK

*In my top 10 Bond films
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    FYEO
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    001 TLD
    002 AVTAK
    003 FYEO
    004 LTK
    005 OP
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Licence To Kill
    Octopussy
    The Living Daylights
    For Your Eyes Only
    A View To A Kill

I really do love the first four of Glen's films but A View To A Kill on the other hand is one of the weakest in the series.
  • Definitely The Living Daylights, followed by License To Kill.
    TLD followed closely by OP
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    The Living Daylights
    License To Kill
    Octopussy
    For Your Eyes Only (I thought the action scenes were used as padding)
    A View To A Kill (pedestrian)
  • Good to see everybody's different opinions, I know LTK has its detractors but its at least original in the canon of films.I attended The John Barry memorial concert and heard Tim recite a written piece that John loved. Always will be my fave Bond. I hope EON get him onboard for some commentaries when they no doubt relaunch the blu rays next year. Thanks for the input, Very intelligent postings here on MI6.
  • In honour of The Living Daylights steaming ahead, "Better make that Two!"
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 26
    In honour of The Living Daylights steaming ahead, "Better make that Two!"

The living daylight for me two, huh, too. Best James Bond movie ever. Thank you Timothy.
    Octopussy- An All-Time High!
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited November 2011 Posts: 3,262
    00Beast wrote:
    Octopussy- An All-Time High!

Nice to read OP getting some love. It's my #002 for this decade. And probably Glen's most crowd-pleasing Bond film.

A View to a Kill is getting...uh, killed in the poll. Can't say I'm surprised- but not even one vote?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Nope, it isn't! AVTAK rules!
    Ah, AVTAK is still in the race...