"You came across me many times" Waltz vs. Scott (possible spoilers)

edited September 2015 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 1,552
There seems to be some confusion over who says this line (seeing as we've only had the voice-over, without seeing who actually says it.

Some say it is definitely Waltz,
Some say it is definitely Scott,
Some are on the fence,
Some don't care either way.

So what do you think?

If I could start a poll, I would - it'd be interesting to see what the majority consensus is, before the film is released.

If you have read the script, please be nice and not spoil it for those who want to speculate. The fun is in the speculation. When the film is released, we can look back here and see how well we did...

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It does confuse me a little as it doesn't sound like the Waltz who as "Welcome James" and "I am the author of all your pain." But it doesn't sound like Andrew Scott either. Perhaps it's someone else entirely?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I noticed this in the new trailer.

"Welcome James" and "You came across me so many times yet you never saw me" are delivered differently in the new trailer vs the other trailers.

Personally I much preferred the delivery in the older trailers (more charismatic and more Waltz-like with 'saw' and 'me' being emphasized - it was almost melodic). This new delivery is more toned down and pedestrian imho.

I think it's just that they shot a new 'take' and included that final 'take' in the new trailer. It's still Waltz.
    ----

They did the same thing for SF. In the earlier trailer, Silva says "So what's yours?" and raises the 'yours' a little (sounds a little fey if you ask me). I liked it.

In the final film, he delivers a more normal sounding (and boring imho) same line.
    ----

Just a different edit/shoot/take.. That's all
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Murdock wrote: »
    It does confuse me a little as it doesn't sound like the Waltz who as "Welcome James" and "I am the author of all your pain." But it doesn't sound like Andrew Scott either. Perhaps it's someone else entirely?

To me, it sounds like Scott doing a non-Irish accent. Thus...
    There is speculation out there that he is Blofield. I don't know if I buy that, but it's circulating.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TripAces wrote: »

There is speculation out there that he is Blofield. I don't know if I buy that, but it's circulating.
    I don't buy it either and would be greatly disappointed if Blofeld was Andrew Scott.
    This is a fun debate. It may be the last, good, solid debate left in these final six weeks!!!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116

I don't buy it either and would be greatly disappointed if Blofeld was Andrew Scott.

I would be too ... btw why put spoilers on someone's opinion? They haven't seen movie.

If your that curious just give in and go to the leaks thread.

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Would someone who knows PM me who it is? I don't want to go into the leaks thread because this is all I wanna know.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,548
    Would someone who knows PM me who it is? I don't want to go into the leaks thread because this is all I wanna know.

@PropertyOfALady: Thing is, we don't know who it is. That's the debate...at least from those of us who aren't convinced it's Waltz speaking that line.

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    YES WE KNOW.
    It's quite simple, take a dubbed trailer, and you will hear the lines are provided by the same dubber. So, since they receive those line written, a sort of little screenplay, that's Waltz. End of dispute
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,548
    YES WE KNOW.
    It's quite simple, take a dubbed trailer, and you will hear the lines are provided by the same dubber. So, since they receive those line written, a sort of little screenplay, that's Waltz. End of dispute

To be honest: that's an asinine argument.

You're arguing that a "dubbed" voice (in German and done for the sake of simplicity) constitutes the truth in the Bond universe, and not the actual lines spoken by the actual actors. If it is EON's goal to purposely make us believe those three sets of lines go together, then why would they hire someone to dub just the "You came across me..." lines? They wouldn't.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone is suggesting that if Scott is speaking those lines there's something darkly hidden going on. Those lines can easily be delivered to M, not Bond.

Dispute back on.

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited September 2015 Posts: 630
    YES WE KNOW.

You're arguing that a "dubbed" voice (in German and done for the sake of simplicity) constitutes the truth in the Bond universe, and not the actual lines spoken by the actual actors. If it is EON's goal to purposely make us believe those three sets of lines go together, then why would they hire someone to dub just the "You came across me..." lines? They wouldn't.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone is suggesting that if Scott is speaking those lines there's something darkly hidden going on. Those lines can easily be delivered to M, not Bond.

Dispute back on.

1) why should they?
    2) Following your idea the line could have been dubbed also in english
    3) take your insults with you
    4) it's also clear in english that those lines are provided by the same actor
    YES WE KNOW.

Dispute back on.

1) why should they?
    2) Following your idea the line could have been dubbed also in english
    3) take your insults with you
    4) it's also clear in english that those lines are provided by the same actor

What insults? LOL

It's not clear at all. If you have seen any of Waltz's films or listened to him in interviews, you'll notice that he has a very thick voice. The lines in question are spoken with a much younger, nasal tone, a quality that Scott's voice will take on at times.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if those spoken lines don't even show up in the film at all!
  • I have said the same in other threads, I think it´s not Waltz, probably it is Scott.
  • RC7RC7
    It's Waltz.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yes its Waltz ..
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's Waltz. But I don't really mind either way.
    But it's Waltz.