No Time to Die on Blu-ray

PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
edited February 2020 in No Time To Die Posts: 3,675
I know it's early, but what do you guys want for SPECTRE on Blu-Ray?

Edit: 13/2/19. Now No Time to Die.

Comments

• A fantastic 1080p presentation with DTS-HD MA, commentaries with Sam Mendes, Michael Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Plenty of special features and I'll go ahead and estimate now that it'll be out around mid-February.
    I would like some exclusive special features and behind the scenes. Tons of commentaries would be nice too.
  • Deleted scenes. I hate seeing hearing about scenes that were filmed or seeing scenes from the trailers and never getting to see them again.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    bondboy007 wrote: »
    Deleted scenes. I hate seeing hearing about scenes that were filmed or seeing scenes from the trailers and never getting to see them again.

Agreed. Especially for Bond films. I'm always a sucker for those.

Commentaries, at least one, are a must. It bugs me till this day that QOS is the lone Bond film without a single commentary track.

What I'd really enjoy, although judging by how most studios have treated blu-ray releases over the past year or so makes this unlikely, is a full-fledged 'making of' documentary. Not a 20 minute featurette. I'm talking 90 minutes (or longer) that delves into the filmmaking process, from the script to the movies theatrical release. That sort of bonus feature was a little more popular back in the DVD days, and even a little during the early blu-ray years, but we don't see those much anymore on discs. It's usually just a bunch of 10 minute featurettes, many of which are rather fluffy in terms of content.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Digital copy
    Deleted scenes
    BTS or "making of" featurettes
    Yes, all of these things would be great. I'd like a 2 disc set. 1 disc just for the movie, no previews, no bs, just right to the menu to start it. The 2nd disc packed with video commentaries, extensive making of, deleted scenes, music videos, maybe in depth video interview with Thomas Newman, etc. And I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for a deluxe version, if the standard version didn't contain all the bonuses.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Yes, all of these things would be great. I'd like a 2 disc set. 1 disc just for the movie, no previews, no bs, just right to the menu to start it. The 2nd disc packed with video commentaries, extensive making of, deleted scenes, music videos, maybe in depth video interview with Thomas Newman, etc. And I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for a deluxe version, if the standard version didn't contain all the bonuses.

Yes please!
    Regarding a deluxe or collector's edition, they only did that with CR. QOS and SF blu-rays are still the same discs as those originally released, unless there's a big surprise coming next week with the new collector's set and the steelbooks, but I somehow doubt that judging how studios just love repackaging the same discs over and over again.

But yes, I'd definitely pony up some extra dollars for a deluxe blu-ray.

Now that I think of it, wouldn't be it neat if SP was among the first films to get a 4K blu-ray release (or ''ultra high-def'' I believe it's being called)?
    eddychaput wrote: »
    Regarding a deluxe or collector's edition, they only did that with CR. QOS and SF blu-rays are still the same discs as those originally released, unless there's a big surprise coming next week with the new collector's set and the steelbooks, but I somehow doubt that judging how studios just love repackaging the same discs over and over again.

But yes, I'd definitely pony up some extra dollars for a deluxe blu-ray.

Now that I think of it, wouldn't be it neat if SP was among the first films to get a 4K blu-ray release (or ''ultra high-def'' I believe it's being called)?

It'd be neat, but the TV for that picture is expensive.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Digital copy
    Deleted scenes
    BTS or "making of" featurettes
    Digital copy is very important to me. It's quite an endearing extra for me since receiving it with Skyfall on Blu-Ray. I have seen it more times through the digital copy than the disc.
    Blu-rays with digital copies are pretty much a normal occurrence now, so SP will definitely receive a digital copy.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Well, call me crazy but I just bought the whole Bond collection on iTunes a few months ago for 120 CHF (equals 110 USD).
    I do have the Bond 50 Blu-ray box of course, but as said, it is so much more convenient just to start the Apple TV box and start the movie in your iTunes library.

THE USUAL FUN POPPING A BLU RAY IN
    - Player loading (up to 30 seconds)
    - Warnings on screen
    - Lecture of how old you should be to watch the damn movie
    - Information of how Sony or whoever responsible for the movie does not share the opinion of anyone giving interviews or doing commentaries.
    - Finally a first menu, choose language!
    - Another 30 seconds to load (only God knows what!)
    - Finally a menu. Now choose to play the damn movie but first endure the 20 seconds animated menu bringing you finally the PLAY feature
    - All in all I say, at least 5 minutes have passed that felt like 10.
    OR
    - Trailers that cannot be skipped for movies you don't want to see NOW. (Another 6 minutes or only 2 if you fast forward the crap).

OR the goddamn Blu-ray won't even play (please make sure you have the latest software update for your player go to Pioneer/update.com and find the right update on your own you lazy twat)

[-(
    @BondJasonBond006, sucks for you, because I go from putting the blu-ray into my PS4 to starting up the PTS in about a minute or less. Not sure what kind of blu-ray player you're using, but perhaps it's time to upgrade.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @BondJasonBond006, sucks for you, because I go from putting the blu-ray into my PS4 to starting up the PTS in about a minute or less. Not sure what kind of blu-ray player you're using, but perhaps it's time to upgrade.

So your PS4 just skips all the warnings, lectures, trailers and menu build ups? :)
    Or maybe that's just on the damn German versions of the discs...
    The worst are Universal Blu-rays.

And I was talking in general of course, the Bond discs start fairly quick actually but still it takes about 2 minutes.

I bought two high end Pioneer Blu-ray players 4 years ago.
    I don't have a PS4 yet, probably before Christmas :)
    I'm more of a Nintendo guy.
    Could be the German version, who knows. I have a few adverts, the general 'If you steal this movie you will go to jail/be fined,' blah blah blah, the usual popups, but other than that, nothing like what you listed.
    @BondJasonBond006 It sounds like you've got the same case of red-ass that I get with playing them on disc. The worst is when they try to play previews before going to the menu. I sorta went a similar route to what you did on itunes, only I just play my bluray movies off of my harddrive on my PC.
    I ordered a SPECTRE ring off eBay the other day.... now watch it be included with the Blu-Ray :D. That'd be just my luck.
  • Amazing picture. dts-hd master audio 7.1 and a Dolby Atmos track.
    Sam Mendes commentary (his Skyfall commentary is a great listen)
    Cast commentary (all principle cast)
    Producer Commentary
    Crew commentary

In depth 2hour making of documentary

deleted scenes

Trailers

TV spots

All the video blogs

Behind the scenes photo gallery

Music video

A history of Spectre in the Bond films documentary

Isolated music track in dts-HD master audio 7.1

World Premiere footage

International premiere footage

HD digital copy

and a retro old school poster design for the cover....

• robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Most of the things listed above are pretty much givens at this point, but I definitely want to see at least a few of the deleted scenes. I do also share the sentiment that it's disappointing to hear about signs but not see them on screen.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    eddychaput wrote: »
    What I'd really enjoy, although judging by how most studios have treated blu-ray releases over the past year or so makes this unlikely, is a full-fledged 'making of' documentary. Not a 20 minute featurette. I'm talking 90 minutes (or longer) that delves into the filmmaking process, from the script to the movies theatrical release. That sort of bonus feature was a little more popular back in the DVD days, and even a little during the early blu-ray years, but we don't see those much anymore on discs. It's usually just a bunch of 10 minute featurettes, many of which are rather fluffy in terms of content.

i would love that... so far, i think every film in Craig's run had some sort of preproduction drama that would've made for an excellent 'making of' documentary..

i have a 3 disc DVD set for Rob Zombie's remake of 'HALLOWEEN' - on one of the discs is a 3 hour long production diary - and it spans from when Zombie started writing the script, to casting, location scouting, storyboarding, makeup effects, production and set design, costuming, and almost every day of filming (behind the scenes sort of stuff) - all the way up to the last day of filming.. they don't go into the editing or anything like that... but i love just sitting down and watching it..... i wish more films did this, so i know what you mean - one like that for a Bond film would be awesome...

if i ever get my chance to direct a Bond movie, i'll be sure to include one just for you ;) lol.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,416
    Spectre - 3 disc (2 BD + CD) Disc 1: DTS-HD MA 7 track/DTS-X 7.1. Writers Videocommentary track. Sam Mendes & Thomas Newman audiocommentry. Disc 2: Deleted scenes. Storyboard & photogallerie. From QOS till Spectre: Dennis Gassner Production Designer special (30 minutes). Making off Spectre (10 part making of 70 minutes include a bit more production design talk, chapter 8 will be chapter selection for composer Thomas Newman, chapter 9 maintitle and the gunbarrel and 10 about editing procress.), Spectre From Script to Screen (50 minutes). It's just A line: Special with John Logan, Harris, Waltz and Daniel Craig about lines in the movie and Daniel Craig looking back to Bond James Bond mean to him (15 minutes). Propaganda: The presconference, Video's blogs, Trailers and tv spots (Include Heineken), Music Video and Making off music video and Sam Smith visit to set of Suits promotion where he changed Harvey Specter name in Spectre and wrote: Sam Smith was here....
    Disc 3: Not released music on CD.Tracklist on back of the booklet.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    All I want is a Spectre steelbook with box art based on the visuals in the PTS ;) I can't be bothered to think about it any more than that, really.
    I'd also love a special edition that came with the Blood, Sweat and Bond book (Dreaming!) or a Hot Wheels DB10 (I eat that stuff up... and the Dark Knight Trilogy box set came with Hot Wheels Tumbler, Batpod and "The Bat").

Come to think of it, it would be cool if they released a Craig Box Set like that with a DB5, DB9 (DBS?) and DB10.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Spectre - 3 disc (2 BD + CD) Disc 1: DTS-HD MA 7 track/DTS-X 7.1. Writers Videocommentary track. Sam Mendes & Thomas Newman audiocommentry. Disc 2: Deleted scenes. Storyboard & photogallerie. From QOS till Spectre: Dennis Gassner Production Designer special (30 minutes). Making off Spectre (10 part making of 70 minutes include a bit more production design talk, chapter 8 will be chapter selection for composer Thomas Newman, chapter 9 maintitle and the gunbarrel and 10 about editing procress.), Spectre From Script to Screen (50 minutes). It's just A line: Special with John Logan, Harris, Waltz and Daniel Craig about lines in the movie and Daniel Craig looking back to Bond James Bond mean to him (15 minutes). Propaganda: The presconference, Video's blogs, Trailers and tv spots (Include Heineken), Music Video and Making off music video and Sam Smith visit to set of Suits promotion where he changed Harvey Specter name in Spectre and wrote: Sam Smith was here....
    Disc 3: Not released music on CD.Tracklist on back of the booklet.

Geez Louise, that's a very precise wish list.

• as long as fox makes the bluray dont expect many extras. Sony which was responsible for CR bluray, gave us the special edition!
    Amazing picture. dts-hd master audio 7.1 and a Dolby Atmos track.
    Producer Commentary
    Crew commentary

deleted scenes

Trailers

TV spots

All the video blogs

Music video

World Premiere footage

HD digital copy

Dolby Atmos - interesting point, anyone know if SPECTRE is being released for Atmos in theatres? I haven't heard anything
  • tigers99 wrote: »
    Amazing picture. dts-hd master audio 7.1 and a Dolby Atmos track.
    Producer Commentary
    Crew commentary

deleted scenes

Trailers

TV spots

All the video blogs

Music video

World Premiere footage

HD digital copy

Dolby Atmos - interesting point, anyone know if SPECTRE is being released for Atmos in theatres? I haven't heard anything

According to the IMDB page SPECTRE does have a Dolby Atmos track

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/technical
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I want the unseen ending from QOS where Bond travels to the Stately home of Guy Hanes an executes Hanes and Mr White. It is just a myth it exists however the QOS game is said to have been based on the footage shot scene by scene indicating it does exist.
  • I want the unseen ending from QOS where Bond travels to the Stately home of Guy Hanes an executes Hanes and Mr White. It is just a myth it exists however the QOS game is said to have been based on the footage shot scene by scene indicating it does exist.

Wouldn't this be a better extra for a special edition of the QOS bluray instead of the SP bluray?

I have seen Mad Max in Dolby Atmos, a real ear shattering and earth and body shaking experience!!
    Bond better have that too! :D