Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

What are the chances of it appearing on 007.com at midnight?
  • andmcit wrote: »
    The track debuts at 7.45am on British radio stations nationwide and it's just as epic as you would expect.

so thats all uk radio stations and not just Capital FM? Have you already heard it then?

• I'm too excited now. At least there's not long to wait now. Was really thinking EON would release it first on the 007 channel. I'm not listening to it on the radio. I want the experience first with the music video. So they must upload it soon after.
    Well I'm off out for a midnight walk with my two Boxer dogs and will expect a full appraisal review if it is! ;)
  • andmcit wrote: »
    Well I'm off out for a midnight walk with my two Boxer dogs and will expect a full appraisal review if it is! ;)

Nice !
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    Doesn't look like it is. Ah well. It will soon be morning :)

I really thought they would to be fair. It's not much of a disappointment though really.
    Something to look forward to when I wake up.
    Good morning everyone! Off to 007.com to see if anything has landed...
  • To me it would make sense if they'd release it at 00:07.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Off to 007.com to see if anything has landed...

there was nothing there a minute ago...let us know if anything has changed!

To me it would make sense if they'd release it at 00:07.

Yes, That's exactly that they did with skyfall It was so cool.

If it doesn't drop at 00:07 then it looks like radio it is.
  • Doesn't look like it is. Ah well. It will soon be morning :)

Yes, That's exactly that they did with skyfall It was so cool

Maybe they'll make it a tradition. Let's wait and see.

• there is no countdown over at 007.com so i guess we won't hear it until the morning.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Nothing yet, but uploads take time - as @JamesSpectre said, 0.07 is a possibility, so 3 mins there...

Edit: 0.07 here. Nothing yet...

Yes, That's exactly that they did with skyfall It was so cool

Maybe they'll make it a tradition. Let's wait and see.

Yeah. I have lost hope for that now though. And no, its not on at 00:07 so never mind. Morning cannot come soon enough. I expected it to be honest, as there was no countdown.

I'm going to miss it now on the radio, so whats if they don't uploaded it to 007 after that. I hope someone records it or something.
  • I decided to listen to all the previous Bond songs tonight in anticipation of the next one for SPECTRE. DAD by Madonna and AWTD by Jack White and Alicia Keys are really awful Bond songs. What were BB and MGW thinking! A Bond song should sound like a Bond song.....
  • Well, I can tell you this. Ever since the SonyLeaks EON knows how to seal off any little gap :-P. So far a lot of information is more closely guarded as a secret as compared to three years ago.
  • I decided to listen to all the previous Bond songs tonight in anticipation of the next one for SPECTRE. DAD by Madonna and AWTD by Jack White and Alicia Keys are really awful Bond songs. What were BB and MGW thinking! A Bond song should sound like a Bond song.....

I'm so glad you agree with me on this one. I had a discussion about this with something today on this. Some people where not too happy that I said bond fans should realise its not to bond standards.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    is it the Union Jack flag in the preview of Sam Smith's WOTW?
  • I'm losing my mind with excitement! This is one of the few times (along with the night/morning that the Spectre trailer debuted) that I won't mind if my teething baby wakes me up! I might even thank him :)
    I decided to listen to all the previous Bond songs tonight in anticipation of the next one for SPECTRE. DAD by Madonna and AWTD by Jack White and Alicia Keys are really awful Bond songs. What were BB and MGW thinking! A Bond song should sound like a Bond song.....

I'm so glad you agree with me on this one. I had a discussion about this with something today on this. Some people where not too happy that I said bond fans should realise its not to bond standards.
    it's more that you state it as fact, it's still subjective opinion. Please stop saying what "bond fans should realise", if a Bond fan enjoys AWTD, it does not make them any less of a Bond fan than you or I.

It's the same as some Bond fans loving Lazenby and OHMSS, others disliking it. Some Bond fans say Connery is the best Bond, others say Craig, Brosnan, Dalton, Moore or Lazenby - just because they believe something different from you, doesn't make your opinion more valid than theirs, no matter how many people agree with you.
    Ok, guess it looks like it's 7:45am BST indeed. See you in a few...
    I think your taking it the wrong way. Doesn't matter. ! I'm not saying they wont be bond fans if they like AWTD. But if your a bond fan, you should know what sounds bondy and what doesn't. It's one of the worst bond songs, no matter how many like it. You can still enjoy it as a standalone piece of music, but it doesn't do justice to the bond franchise whatsoever. That's just my opinion.
  • Positive little article: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/607766/Sam-Smith-s-Writing-s-On-The-Wall-James-Bond-Spectre

But please get your facts right. Adele's "Skyfall" hit no#1 in the UK, just not the USA. #2 up there. But Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill" hit no#1 in the USA. If we look solely at solo-artists, then it's a different story....
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Skyfall hit #2 in UK, 8 in US. Duran Duran was #2 in the UK, #1 in the UK.

Technically, SF was #1 in the iTunes Charts, but that doesn't count when talking about the the UK Singles Charts, though it is taken into account.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    Skyfall hit #2 in UK, 8 in US. Duran Duran was #2 in the UK, #1 in the US.

Technically, SF was #1 in the iTunes Charts, but that doesn't count when talking about the the UK Singles Charts, though it is taken into account.

Really?!?!?! Thanks for the correction. I also corrected your post slightly, because that I new hehe ;-). I really thought "Skyfall" hit no#1 in the UK, and no#2 in the US. In my country Netherlands it was the first no#1 Bond hit since Sheena Easton's "For Your Eyes Only".
    Damn autocorrect =))
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 364
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I decided to listen to all the previous Bond songs tonight in anticipation of the next one for SPECTRE. DAD by Madonna and AWTD by Jack White and Alicia Keys are really awful Bond songs. What were BB and MGW thinking! A Bond song should sound like a Bond song.....

It's the same as some Bond fans loving Lazenby and OHMSS, others disliking it. Some Bond fans say Connery is the best Bond, others say Craig, Brosnan, Dalton, Moore or Lazenby - just because they believe something different from you, doesn't make your opinion more valid than theirs, no matter how many people agree with you.

Oh, come on. Don't be silly. Every Bond fan knows that the best Bond is-

Just kidding. ;)
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Hmm, I feel I misused the quote button in the above post.
  • Haha. Off to sleep now guys, See you tomorrow, and have fun discussing Writings on the Wall.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I know I dissed Radiohead a lot, but I actually really like their music now, listen to it often. Now that I think of it, DC's Bond would probably listen to Radiohead.