Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• writer5150 wrote: »
    Forgive me ignorance of time zones -- I'm in Los Angeles (where we've just discovered how to tell time apparently) -- would that be around 10 or 11PM our time?
    11:45
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Yeah 1145pm. PS--like the new B icon to the left, everyone?
  • Thanks all. I don't think I've been so nervous about one of the Bond songs before. Not enamored with the artist but I'm cautious optimistic. Nine and a half hours is a long time to keep my fingers crossed.
    Sandy wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    @58158924 It'll be 8:45 AM your time, sir!
    It'll be 7.45, not 8.45. Sam Smith is speaking in UK terms, as are Capital FM - so around 10 to 8...

@58158924 is in Spain, @PropertyOfALady was giving him the local time which is +1 hour than London/Dublin/Lisbon time.
    Ah, ok. Got thrown when @58158924 asked what time it would be in London.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    =bg= wrote: »
    Yeah 1145pm. PS--like the new B icon to the left, everyone?

Yeah!
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,021
    listen to Capital FM with this link

http://tunein.com/radio/Capital-London-958-s16534/

they don't seem to have a listen to direct option on their website - unless I am looking in the wrong place

http://www.capitalfm.com/
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    listen to Capital FM with this link

they don't seem to have a listen to direct option on their website - unless I am looking in the wrong place

http://www.capitalfm.com/

Thank you, good sir.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
  • @dominicgreene

You're welcome. It appears that on their own website you can only listen to the station if you are based in the UK. So for all of us outside of the UK use the link from tunein.com that I posted above.
    I always get irritated awake and spurred into action out of bed at 7:30am to silence my clock radio alarm by R1's Grimsham but I fear tomorrow he will be even more insufferable than he always is anyhow. Looks like I'm going to have to select the beep beep beep lorry reversing/nuclear attack siren from now on for over a month. :( ;)
  • Disappointed they haven't chosen to launch at midnight like they did last time.
    Adele never did a proper launch though as she was preggers.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    Getafix wrote: »

I know. A music video was launched at midnight though on 007.com

I thought they would do the same again.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Whose to say they won't?

Whose to say they won't?

I'm hoping they do :) I just thought with no actual news on a midnight launch, I thought they wouldn't.

There's a music video, which we've seen a 15 second sample of, so I'm assuming we would see that before they play it on a radio station. So to me, a midnight launch seems the right thing to do. I would rather have my first experience with the song on 007.com watching the video, than listening too it on the radio. I'm sure they will, but we will soon find out in the next 20 mins or so ;) I'm excited, either way.
  • is that tune in link working now or is it because they aren't playing the station now?
  • hthomas20 wrote: »
    is that tune in link working now or is it because they aren't playing the station now?

it should still be working.

i guess they will play the song from 07h45 UK time..

• If there's no midnight release, then it's a little strange they are allowing it first on radio stations. But I think they did that with AWTD. ? if anyone can clarify that.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    it is not midnight in London yet
    From googling it seems the UK 7:45 time is the release on all radio first.

A quote from crap tabloid: The track debuts at 7.45am on British radio stations nationwide and it's just as epic as you would expect.

well, it's 15mins until 12am UK - so if it does fall at midnight, not long to wait.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Will be refreshing 007.com in 14 minutes.
  • andmcit wrote: »
    From googling it seems the UK 7:45 time is the release on all radio first.

A quote from crap tabloid: The track debuts at 7.45am on British radio stations nationwide and it's just as epic as you would expect.

Oh well. I'm still excited, but I wish they followed the same thing with skyfall.

Nevermind. So after it's released on radio stations, will it be uploaded soon after on 007.com I wonder ?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If bthere's no midnight release, then it's a little strange they are allowing it first on radio stations. But I think they did that with AWTD. ? if anyone can clarify that.

I don't know about AWTD, but I do know that EON have been off the ball when in comes to letting us know before hand with an announcement. I mean, I think Sam Smith let us know he was doing the song, not EON\Sony. Fingers crossed for midnight :D
  • is it on all uk radio stations tomorrow morning or exclusively on capital fm? anyone know the answer to this. i thought i read a few pages back in this topic that Sam Smith had mentioned it on his website or Facebook or twitter that it would be on Capital FM on Friday morning UK time.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,552
    I mean, I think Sam Smith let us know he was doing the song, not EON\Sony.
    He hinted with the ring photo, but it wasn't officially official until EON/Sony.

• eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Ugh. 2:45am
    I hope not. We'll, i'll be asleep for certain at that time. I just hope it gets recorded, or uploaded to 007.con soon after. As long as I'm able to listen to it soon as hit the web that's fine.

I'm excited so much now. It would be so cool if they announce at midnight on 007.com or sam smith's youtube page. Please let me listen to it before I go to bed.
    If bthere's no midnight release, then it's a little strange they are allowing it first on radio stations. But I think they did that with AWTD. ? if anyone can clarify that.

I don't know about AWTD, but I do know that EON have been off the ball when in comes to letting us know before hand with an announcement. I mean, I think Sam Smith let us know he was doing the song, not EON\Sony. Fingers crossed for midnight :D

Yeah, fingers crossed ! ! :) But previous messages suggest it's on radio first ? hmmm
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,068
    The track debuts at 7.45am on British radio stations nationwide and it's just as epic as you would expect.

Let's hope so, fingers crossed