SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    MarcFC15 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    thanks a lot. Great shots and so Funny about the swearing. Sam will end up sounding like Daniel
    :))

I think it's good to read that co-producer Daniel and director Sam were quarreling quite a lot on this film. It really seems this production was a heavy birth. BUT, I prefer to see fierce differences in each other's opinions, then a lacklustre happy-go-lucky mentality. In the end that will benefit the movie more.

It was a very tense from what I understand, due to the tight deadlines and release date - it was very stressful.

If you're making a film and it doesn't almost kill you, you've probably not worked hard enough.

I was talking with my friend Bas recently about this. He has graduated from the New York Pratt Institute. And it's so true. Moviemaking is incredible hard work. Here I am at my office job from 9 to 5, complaining every time.....but when you see what's going on behind the scenes of a movie, in great detail, many people whose dreams are a career in moviemaking, are suddenly cured from their dreams :-P. Especially being a director....is.......I couldn't handle it myself!! Talking about suicide.

For me therefore the most interesting part of moviemaking is the story and screenplay writing proces. All that what comes during production and in post-production simply scares me :-O.

Having said all this, from what I've read so far from Empire, is that the production of "SPECTRE" was more stresful as compared to "SkyFall". I still haven't got a reply to one of my previous post about Michael Wilson being severely ill at the start of production. Anyone?

I too have a 9-5 desk job, and I'd far rather perish in the gruelling process of making films than be successful at an easy-breezy desk job doing something unfulfilling.

But your point, of course, stands; it's not necessarily what people expect I'm sure :D

Every aspect of working in Film and TV is (should be) tough, because everyone is accountable. If you're not up to it you're straight out of the door. There's also a total lack of financial security, the pros are that you can hit the jackpot if you're lucky and you can also do some really fulfilling work. If you're a writer, or develop shows, as I do, you basically live a life that is 95-99% rejection. That's the way it goes, but it's worth it when you set foot in Pinewood (for me anyhow).
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    from what I understood and posted, GG, he has had heart surgery and was not yet well enough at the PC. I thought he looked a lot better ( gained weight) when we later saw him.

:-O! I didn't know that! Thank you @Germanlady for mentioning this. We should have sent him a big get well card :-(! From the first picture I saw from him on set I thought...' this man is seriously ill' .
    From my understanding he had a triple bypass surgery. Regardless, I hope he's doing well. I doubt he'd be willing to take on yet another gruelling Bond production after SP.

I think Gregg Wilson will be main producer then for the upcoming Bond films....
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,518
    Love it @RC7, thanks for sharing your experience and insight. Totally agree with you. Hard to imagine doing something else though, even though I'm doing both a 9-5 desk job and acting/acting classes any time I can (sometimes it feels like I'm doing neither) right now...
    Working on making a change.
  • SirGodfreySirGodfrey France
    Did anyone see the new Vlog ? There is nothing https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11840&t=mi6&s=news
  • SirGodfrey wrote: »
    Did anyone see the new Vlog ? There is nothing https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11840&t=mi6&s=news

Its 18h00 here in continental Europe and there is nothing Over at 007.com
    Maybe its not today. Anyone have more info?

Nothing in Canada but this is the first I've heard of a new vlog (which I won't watch).
    EON are delaying it for some reason or they mixed up.timezones? The press release that went out yesterday was 5pm UK time...maybe they meant 5pm GMT instead of BST - so maybe another 25 minutes to go.
  • Well nothing my end and waited to 1am....
  • They don't even say there will be a video blog over at 007.com
    Anyone see the press release that mentions 5pm UK time today?
    They don't even say there will be a video blog over at 007.com
    Anyone see the press release that mentions 5pm UK time today?

Well MI6-HQ posted it, and so did a few other outlets...it was legit. Must be a last minute change. Possibly for the final trailer later this week.....
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    11856751_1483836645253384_118686475_n.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Gillette ad seen in Portugal!! Dedicated to Ian Fleming :-O

https://www.dropshots.com/mummyboy11/date/2015-09-21/18:11:23

Thanks to @mummyboy11 in CBN

Thanks for posting! That is quite amazing. The voice over is a Fleming quote, I found the complete thing (here: http://jamesbond.ajb007.co.uk/ian-fleming-in-his-own-words/) and bolded what is said in the comercial:
    “The main reason is that these things excite and interest me. I’m observant, I think, and when I walk down the street or when I go into a room, I observe things and remember them very accurately. It amuses me to use my powers of observation in my books and at the same time to tell people what my favourite objects are, and my favourite foods and liquors and scents, and so on. Exact details of individual private lives and private tastes are extremely interesting to me. I think that even the way in which a man shaves in the morning is well worth recording. The more we have of this kind of detailed stuff laid down around a character, the more interested we are in him.
    No vlog? Very unusual to have it on MI6 and it not turn out to be the case? Oh well i guess i can wait seeing as i will be getting a copy of Empire in 2 days and also the song finally airing on Friday!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    No vlog? Very unusual to have it on MI6 and it not turn out to be the case? Oh well i guess i can wait seeing as i will be getting a copy of Empire in 2 days and also the song finally airing on Friday!

Yeah - Sony/EON seem to have gone back on their initial announcement (they sent that press release with today's launch date/time to all the media). Guess we'll see why soon - like I said, maybe it's to make space for the final trailer later this week?
  • 11856751_1483836645253384_118686475_n.jpg

I really think he's such a cool and normal, down-to-earth guy :-). So approachable. And I really think he had so much fun on set. I mean, guys like Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes know what to expect. But it was really fun to see how impressed David Bautista was all the time :-). Gogo! Beat 007! Let him suffer :-P!
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    :-?

11881787_422135217978106_660835803_n.jpg

#firstprint #first_print #print#paper #moscow #ReadOctober #rassia #follow #invite #araratparkhyatt @first_print 17min

http://websta.me/p/1079971037321499124_1192404227

edited September 2015 Posts: 7,518
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

Cool! Very nice vlog update.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Stopped watching at the Morocco sequence, don't want anything from that spoiled as I have no clue what to expect from it just yet.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The Vlog was ok but nothing new given away, which I suppose is a good thing. These vlogs are quite pedestrian and need a little smack, bang wallop to look forward to.
  • RC7RC7
    These images particularly interest me...
    MCQRYH0.jpg
    39rmtir.png
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Stopped watching at the Morocco sequence, don't want anything from that spoiled as I have no clue what to expect from it just yet.

me too .. But nothing was tell ..
  • So, the explosion at the building in Mexico is real?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 161
    RC7 wrote: »
    These images particularly interest me...
    MCQRYH0.jpg
    39rmtir.png
    I think the Morocco base set will be extended with CG. Look at the explosions, they go off beyond the sides of the building
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    So, the explosion at the building in Mexico is real?

They rebuilt that side of the building on stage at Pinewood and blew it there. Those chunks of concrete are just props.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Decent vlog actually!
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,160
    FINALLY, a look at the
    Morocco desert base
    Y1I3HVx.jpg
    RDRcbDF.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Zekidk wrote: »
    FINALLY,
    Y1I3HVx.jpg
    RDRcbDF.jpg

You should maybe spoiler tag your text too.