Best last line of each Bond Actor *NTTD SPOILERS*

edited October 2021 in Bond Movies Posts: 624
Connery- "Oh, yes. What were you about to ask me?"

Lazenby- "It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world."

Moore- "That is not the soap!"

Dalton- "So why don't you ask me?"

Brosnan- "Especially when you're bad."
Craig- "I know."

I thought this would be a good idea until I realized none of them had any particularly good ones.

My rankings are kind of boosted by their last scene in general. Like I said, none of the lines were very good. :-))

10 years later update: Man, Daniel's is gonna be hard to top.

1.) Craig
2.) Lazenby
3.) Connery
4.) Dalton
5.) Brosnan
6.) Moore

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,879
    Moore- "THAT is not the soap!"

Moore's line is the best, judging by the situation.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^
    Technically Sean's last is "Never again(camera wink)" but it doesn't make the choice any less bitter.
  • Thanks QBranch. :-bd
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Lazenby - "There's no hurry you see, we have all the time in the world."
    Connery - "What were you going to ask me?"
    Dalton - "Well then why don't you ask me."
    Moore - (whatever it is he says... technically I count his "ooOOH" as his last uttered phrase as Bond..... sad face)
    Brosnan - "Especially when you're bad." ..... ick - this line in so nauseatingly bad.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 581
    Technically Brosnans last line was "call it a hint of bigger things to come" in Everything or Nothing which was his final appearence and i class it as canon
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I agree with haserot's rankings.

It's interesting that Connery and Dalton went out with "ask me."
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 624
    002 wrote:
    Technically Brosnans last line was "call it a hint of bigger things to come" in Everything or Nothing which was his final appearence and i class it as canon

Official EON movies only.

Cause then technically Connery's would be "I'll tell you... in the morning." from the FRWL VG.

• SeveSeve The island of Lemoy
    edited November 2011 Posts: 357

Moore- "That is not the soap!"

that's unbeatable

:))
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Lazenby
    Dalton
    Connery
    Moore
    Brosnan
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Lazenby

(quite frankly the rest are rubbish)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Lazenby
    Dalton
    Connery
    Moore
    Brosnan

Lazenby's is ace with Dalton's being very nice, Connery's average and the rest, well... Moore's is bad but Brosnan's! X_X
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Lazenby
    Connery
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan

• I prefer Craig's current last line -"I never left." - to any of the others there...
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    i like connerys from NSNA "never again", but since we're counting EON films only, I'm gonna go with laz.
  • At least Moore's wasn't, "Don't drop the soap!"
  • SAMSAM
    Best Line in Entire Franchise ... ... ...

Film: Live and Let Die

Lon Satton - CIA Agent Harold Strutter:

" Nice disguise Bond ... ... ... White face in Harlem "

LOL
  • 1 George Lazenby
    2 Sean Connery
    3 Tim Dalton
    4 Roger Moore
    5 Pierce Brosnan

I actually thought Moore's last bit of input in 1985 was ooooooh!, but I guess that doesn't count (a most repulsive and unsavory scene in retrospect, btw) :-&
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,310
    1. Lazenby

2. Dalton
    3. Connery
    4. Moore
    5. Brosnan (Right when Craig was announced as Bond, I remember thinking, 'Wow, Brosnan's final line is going to be this?' Just terrible.)
    Lazenby's got the ice for me.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    I think this is one category where Lazenby comes in first and Connery in second. The other 3 are negligible at best.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Lazenby
    Moore
    Brosnan
    Dalton
    Connery
    SJK91 wrote:
    1. Lazenby

2. Dalton
    3. Connery
    4. Moore
    5. Brosnan (Right when Craig was announced as Bond, I remember thinking, 'Wow, Brosnan's final line is going to be this?' Just terrible.)

I like your choices best. I agree with you.
    Lazenby is first on most of our lists. His was THE BEST tops all the rest
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 546
    1.Pierce Brosnan
    2.Sean Connery
    3.Sir Roger Moore
    4.George Lazenby
    5.Sir Timothy Dalton
    6.Daniel Craig
    1.Lazenby
    2.Dalton
    3. Connery
    4. Roger Moore
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    The best is Craig's "The name's Bond. James Bond."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hate thinking about it, but I wonder what Dan's will be? I think it will be really special. I would love to see him looking out over London and giving some great speech about England, his fight for it and his undying determination to protect it at all costs.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 344
    Bond actors rarely have the luxury of knowing when their tenure is about to end. Hopefully Daniel Craig will complete another two films and then bow out on his own terms. Then we might get a neat little end to his era. There is certainly no guarantee though. Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan had no idea that they had uttered their last words as Bond at the time. The climax of Moore's last outing had more of a 'swansong' feel to it, with his run being capped with Bond receiving the Order of Lenin from General Gogol. That was very much the exception, though.

I'm not sure these things can be planned, and I'm not sure that they should.
    Bond actors rarely have the luxury of knowing when their tenure is about to end. Hopefully Daniel Craig will complete another two films and then bow out on his own terms. Then we might get a neat little end to his era. There is certainly no guarantee though. Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan had no idea that they had uttered their last words as Bond at the time. The climax of Moore's last outing had more of a 'swansong' feel to it, with his run being capped with Bond receiving the Order of Lenin from General Gogol.

I'm not sure these things can be planned, and I'm not sure that they should.

Great post, and I completely agree.
  • I updated my initial post from 10 years ago seeing as now we can include DC.
    1. Lazenby
    2. Craig
    3. Dalton
    4. Connery
    5. Moore
    6. Brosnan