What type of music would today's modern Bond listen to?

Any particular thoughts? Do you feel that he would still listen to classical music like Connery's Bond? Or would he be more up with the times, enjoying rock, pop or electronic music (in addition to classical and such?)

Comments

Classical music of course! Bond has sophisticated tastes! Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, Debussy and Shostakovich would obviously by his line of choice, with some sophisticated jazz, Miles Davis, John Coltrane on the side.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2015 Posts: 17,728
    Put it like this: I don't think he'd be listening to Sam Smith. Beatles and Earmuffs comes to mind! :D
    Birdleson wrote: »
    He'd probably be listening to traditional jazz.

Agreed, and John Gardner thought so too as he developed the idea in his Continuation Bonds. See the Nobody Lives Forever (1986) lift scene for example.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Slightly off-topic: would modern Bond watch 'Mad Men'?
  • I dont't think I see Bond as the type who listens to music. But Daniel's Bond would probably be into some type of alternative/rock oriented music.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Slightly off-topic: would modern Bond watch 'Mad Men'?

Interesting that you say this...Bond and Draper have much in common, not the least of which is both being orphans.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Symphonic rock with Christopher Lee.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The only modern music I can see Craig's Bond listening to would be Led Zeppelin. It fits his sensibilities.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I doubt modern Bond would be watching too much television. Particularly modern soap operas trying to recreate past eras.

Agreed - he's already lived that era (in the novels at least).
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 372
    Kerim wrote: »
    Symphonic rock with Christopher Lee.

And when Bond is about to slay his next opponent/the main villain, he screams 'I shed the blood of the Saxon men!!!'.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Classical, I think Bond would enjoy a certain known composer named John Barry. ;)
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,564
    I don't think Bond would care much for current music OR television...but given Ian Fleming's penchant for plugging the work of his friends & relatives, if Fleming were still writing today, literary Bond could probably be caught listening to something from Chris Blackwell's Island records. Maybe some reggae...? (For those of you unaware, Chris is the son of Blanche Blackwell, one of Fleming's closest "friends" in his latter days in Jamaica...)