WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON SERIES?

13»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Ugh I could rant so much on Teen Titans Go it's not even funny. In short it's just a total disgrace compared to the original, and every second I did watch it I felt was wasted. The original Teen Titans show I'm hugely fond of.

While I never got super invested in it, I too enjoyed Teen Titans as a kid and appreciated the dark tone the show carried and the stories that were told, especially whenever Slade showed up. I need to rewatch some episodes sometime soon. I'm doing just that with Batman: The Animated Series right now and having a blast.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Coincidentally, I've been going through the entire DC Animated Universe cartoons, finishing off Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond. Not sure if I'm going to revisit Justice League Unlimited other than the 'Epilogue' episode. But, I have to say, I enjoyed them all thoroughly in the past week as they transported me back to childhood. Brilliant efforts by the great Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, tipping my hat off to both Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Appalling that no one has mentioned the Venture Bros.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    Favorite animated series ever is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Other animated shows I love include Courage the Cowardly Dog, Batman: The Animated Series, Teen Titans (not that Teen Titans Go garbage), Scooby Doo Where Are You!

OH MY GOD. I forgot Courage the Cowardly Dog. One of my favorites. Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Scooby-1969-title.jpg

The original series!

Shout out to Dexter's lab. That show was so hilarious.

Teenage mutant hero turtles
    He-man
    Batman TAS
    Captain plant
    Bravestar
    Jayce and the wheeled warriors (had the best opening and closing theme songs)
    Silver hawks
    Transformers
    m.a.s.k
    Inspector gadget
    Dragon Ball z
    Spider-Man the animated series
    Marvel action hour
    Dungeons and dragons
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Ugh I could rant so much on Teen Titans Go it's not even funny. In short it's just a total disgrace compared to the original, and every second I did watch it I felt was wasted. The original Teen Titans show I'm hugely fond of.

While I never got super invested in it, I too enjoyed Teen Titans as a kid and appreciated the dark tone the show carried and the stories that were told, especially whenever Slade showed up. I need to rewatch some episodes sometime soon. I'm doing just that with Batman: The Animated Series right now and having a blast.

Teen Titans is one of the greatest shows ever.
    I can understand the hate for Teen Titans Go! When I watched the first couple of episodes I was like "uhhh...noooo...what the fu......"
    But loyal as I am I continued watching. The strange thing is after 20 episodes or so, I started to like it.
    Now I've seen almost 100 episodes and I enjoy it. It is something different entirely, I look at it like a parody version on the DC animated universe.
    Sometimes Batsy or other iconic DC heroes have cameos in it and they are always a blast, making fun of Batsy or others.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can understand the hate for Teen Titans Go! When I watched the first couple of episodes I was like "uhhh...noooo...what the fu......"
    But loyal as I am I continued watching. The strange thing is after 20 episodes or so, I started to like it.
    Now I've seen almost 100 episodes and I enjoy it. It is something different entirely, I look at it like a parody version on the DC animated universe.
    Sometimes Batsy or other iconic DC heroes have cameos in it and they are always a blast, making fun of Batsy or others.

Teen Titans Go has the same problem that every comedy-based cartoon has these days: 25% hit, 75% miss.

Teen Titans Go has the same problem that every comedy-based cartoon has these days: 25% hit, 75% miss.

Spot-on! Out of the nearly 100 episodes about 20-25 I would pick out as really funny if not hilarious. The rest is so-so.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The same thing happened to me with the recent MAD cartoon, as most of them were crap while some were comedy gold (especially the Hunger Games parody).
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Oh, forgot the the classic Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies. As well as Tom and Jerry and the Hanna-Barbera series of the 1940s-1950s.
    1. Tom and Jerry (Chuck Jones)

@ClarkDevlin speaking of Tom and Jerry made me realise I once more "forgot" to include them in my list.
    Somehow I can't compare them to other stuff, they are just too iconic.

I own all of them on, many on Blu-ray (look fantastic!). The Chuck Jones ones are kind of my favourites.

1. Justice League (Unlimited)
    2. Batman TAS
    3. Sailor Moon Crystal
    4. Teen Titans
    5. The Batman
    6. Scooby-Doo Where Are You!
    7. Futurama
    8. Young Justice
    9. Scooby And Scrappy Doo
    10. Batman The Brave And The Bold
    11. What's New Scooby-Doo?
    12. Happy Tree Friends
  • Dolphni74Dolphni74 usa
    All the shows by Andy Yeatman are my favorite. I started watching his shows in last summer and since then I have been saving the episodes. He left working with Netflix and so I am worried as to where to find the similar content like his online. If anybody knows, then do help me out.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm currently a huge fan of

RICK AND MORTY

kisspng-rick-sanchez-morty-smith-character-youtube-art-rick-and-morty-5ad4e80dac1a10.5293521015239024777049.png

BOJACK HORSEMAN

latest?cb=20170830202312
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Many cartoons from the late 60s to the VERY early 2000s; with a specoal highlight period between 1980 and 1998.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds!

Probably the first thing I was a serious Fan of, aged 5 or so. Two episodes in, my mum had to take me to the toy shop to buy me a sword (which I broke by swashbuckling too hard).

I have the same favorites as a lot of other MI6ers (Batman The Animated Series, etc.), but I'd also like to put in a word for some earlier cartoon series.

Felix the Cat was the biggest cartoon star of the silent era and his cartoons were often conceptually brilliant: check out Felix Woos Whoopee (1928/30), where he drinks too much and starts hallucinating, or the metafictional Comicalamities (1928).

The early Mickey Mouse cartoons are patchy, but the series became brilliant when its switched to color and paired Mickey with Donald Duck and Goofy: The Band Concert (1935) and Symphony Hour (1942) are great examples.

Goofy himself had a great run, initially in sports-themed films like Hockey Homicide (1945), which lives up to its title, and then in "everyman" comedies like No Smoking (1951).

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was Disney's first cartoon star and appeared in films like Oh, What a Night (1928), but he lost control of the character. Walter Lantz eventually received the rabbit, and the Oswalds produced from 1929 to 1932 and directed by Bill Nolan are surreal, wonderful fun, including Permanent Wave (1929) and Hell's Heels (1930).
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Scooby Doo, SpongeBob, and Avatar:The Last Airbender. The only cartoons from my childhood that I go back to sometimes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spongebob is great. There is also a spinoff.
    Grew up watching Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry and the Donald Duck shorts – as well as Scooby Doo when I got a bit older. Still enjoyable all of them.
    These are some of my favorites:

-Batman: The Animated Series
    -Doraemon
    -Dragon Ball
    -Freakazoid!
    -Futurama
    -Hey Arnold!
    -Looney Tunes
    -Ninjaboy Rantaro
    -Pinky and The Brain
    -Rugrats
    -SpongeBob Squarepants
    -The Flintstones
    -The Simpsons

Recently I've found special affection for Freakazoid! and Pinky and the Brain. The fourth wall-breaking stuff in the former, the characters and satire of the latter... magnificent stuff.

Of the Looney Tunes shorts, some of my favorites are:
    -Big House Bunny ("gee, Doc, how come you locked me outside?" :)))
    -Design for Leaving
    -Don't Give Up the Sheep (that sequence in which they saw off the tree branch, the ground, etc. :)))
    -Fast and Furry-ous (fantastic, lively animation)
    -The High and the Flighty

The 3D Coyote/Roadrunner shorts released a few years ago aren't bad. They are shorter than the older ones and seem to consist of one extended sequence rather than a series of short ones, but they do a good job of keeping the spirit of the older cartoons.

Another short that I enjoy is the Popeye-starring Insect to Injury.

Amazing keeps me laughing every time.

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Archer, The Simpsons, and King of the Hill. I got tired of Family Guy years ago.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Another great cartoon.