SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    antovolk wrote: »
    eddychaput wrote: »
    Is this the new trailer that was hinted at on Twitter the other day? If it's just a tv spot I'll watch it. What I don't want is another 2:30 trailer with tons of new footage and plot points.

Nope. This is just a :30 TV spot with some new footage. Mostly it's from the second trailer.

The final trailer is on its way soon....

Thanks. I perused the net a little and found out that the spot is harmless. Watched it. It's all right, it gets the job done.
  • If they do have another full length trailer then I think it'll be an International one. I think Skyfall had an international trailer too.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Loved the shot of Hinx kicking the table as Bond immediately grabs for his PPK. Can't wait to see how that fight turns out.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    If they do have another full length trailer then I think it'll be an International one. I think Skyfall had an international trailer too.

Skyfall had an international version of the theatrical trailer, yes. Mostly identical to the domestic theatrical trailer but some differences in editing and footage.

Remember though it's more in fashion now for films to have three trailers - a teaser, theatrical and a final. Also unlike Skyfall, Sony seem to be aiming to use the same materials in all territories and not making specific versions for different markets. So this upcoming final trailer is bound to be for all markets, not just an 'international' trailer.

I don't get not wanting to see the final trailer. If they haven't ruined anything with the first two, why believe they will in the upcoming one?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    They certainly ruined something in the second one.
    Great 2nd TV spot but i am really looking forward to seeing the final trailer! :-bd
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just noticed in the trailer that when Hinx kicks the table, Madeleine gets it full blast in the face! :))
    That's funny?

Yeah, I find it a little funny to see someone suddenly take a table to the face. The fact that I didn't notice it first time round adds to the hilarity.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    I ran into a door yesterday ...it was kinda funny.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    For those who are concerned, I'm sure no one was hurt during that stunt.

It likely was a stunt woman, and the table almost 100% was a soft prop.

They'll find a way to explain it, or we may not even see that shot in the final film (it may be filmed from another angle or be another take).
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I used RowVid to go frame by frame and these are the results.

NlqGtMQ.jpg
    JCnbnz4.jpg
    OGTZNIW.jpg
    PfTWhmq.jpg
    OFSzZPC.jpg
    UEuyPh8.jpg
    fJ2Usky.jpg
    XYCD8dK.jpg
    Dbd5BZl.jpg
    cTcJR3r.jpg
    JR8OMnN.jpg
    IvsH2sg.jpg
    yeKsNBt.jpg
    I didn't think anyone was actually hurt. It just surprises me people find that kind of thing funny. Many find those things funny in real life, too - someone falling down on the street, an artist falling from the stage, etc. I've just never gotten what's funny about anyone potentially hurting themselves.
    There's a thin line, well in this case a table between laughter and pain.
    X_X ..that poor table
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    X_X ..that poor table

It decided it was going to slam into Swann's head, but it got injured by her sexiness.
  • RC7RC7
    Tuulia wrote: »
    I didn't think anyone was actually hurt. It just surprises me people find that kind of thing funny. Many find those things funny in real life, too - someone falling down on the street, an artist falling from the stage, etc. I've just never gotten what's funny about anyone potentially hurting themselves.

Isn't people 'falling over' one of the purest sources of hilarity? Laurel and Hardy made a career of it.
    The US version of the spot with the November 6 date and the announcer growling the title :))
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Well, this "superhenchman" table kick / Bond can't get his gun in time scene, could be taken straight from a Connery / Moore Bond movie, it's a "by the number" scene, and yet I'm sure most here love it (me included - If I exagerate, I consider this trailer gets Bond more than the whole of Skyfall :) ) So there's still life in the Bond genre, not sure we need to stray away from it...
  • The table is probably made of some real soft material to avoid injuries...or its a cgi table. either way. its not a real table...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    There were people believing EON actually killed the golden girl in Goldfinger.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    There were people believing EON actually killed the golden girl in Goldfinger.

...but they did kill Brosnans Bond career with DAD...

Seriously, it's a film, who gives a f*** if someone has a table kicked into their face? Seriously, tge table is soft? It's cgi? Who cares? People are acting like Bautista actually caused physical harm to his co-star. Get a grip or is it an issue because it's a female character that suffers the makeshift projectile bashed into her face? I remember having the same laugh out loud reaction when I first saw CR, where Molloka throws his gun at Bond but Bond catches it and throws it back into Molloka's face.

Either way this table kick looks funny to see and what makes it all the more hilarious is that, it doesn't look like Hinx intentionally meant to do it the way it happened. It looks like he wanted to startle them and get to Bond quickly and just kicked the table out if his way but it ended up flying into Madeline's face :)) :))
    antovolk wrote: »
    The US version of the spot with the November 6 date and the announcer growling the title :))

I love when they announce the titles that way honestly actually hearing them growl Quantum of Solace was so freaking cool...well for someone like me who loved the title from day one watch the press confrence listened to Michael Wilson's explanation of the title and thought "I totally agree with this." yeah for me hearing the announcer say Quantum of Solace was so cool... for the 98% of the world who hate the title yeah...
    The goal I think of SP is to return to a modern interpretation of classic Bond. I don't think those are homages as much as they are iconic images/elements from the series.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    The goal I think of SP is to return to a modern interpretation of classic Bond. I don't think those are homages as much as they are iconic images/elements from the series.

Agreed.
    Homage means something done in respect or honor to someone or something. I mean here that those images or elements are part of Bond's world.

Let me clarify maybe not all such as the white tux is definitely a homage to GF but IMO a lot of it is just Bond being Bond.

The bat suit and car aren't homages to the old series ..its part of Batman's story.

I'm just saying that not everything there is meant so much as a homage.

Again YES!
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Again YES!

Thank you

:)