Rate The Last Movie You Saw In Theaters

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, I'm beyond excited for SP, but it's going to be real tough to beat the entertainment of 'Fury Road.'
  • Mad Max Fury Road 3.5/4
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, I'm beyond excited for SP, but it's going to be real tough to beat the entertainment of 'Fury Road.'

I agree. I saw it three times in theatres. Magnificent stuff.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation

A great entry into this franchise! It wasn't as exciting as Ghost Protocal but it was more grounded and not as over the top as GP and felt more like a genuine spy film. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Hitman: Agent 47

I took my sister to the movies for her birthday and we both wanted to see The Man From U.N.C.L.E but the theater was packed. Sadly our only choices were Hitman or The Transporter: Refuled, we really didn't want to see either but we went with the lesser of two evils, Hitman: Agent 47.
    It was terrible and absolutely nothing like the video games. In the games the point is to go unnoticed and take out the targets you are assigned to take out. In the movie the point was to shoot anything that moved. There was even a freaking car chase. The actor playing 47 looks/sounds nothing like the character from the game and his acting wasn't all that good. Zachary Quinto plays the villain but the whole time I was thinking how much he could pull off the role of 47. What a missed opportunity!
    This film is just your generic over the top action flick that you can pass on. A movie like this needs to be something more like Leon The Professtional and Collaterall but with a slight sci-fi element to it. If you need to see a movie with Agent 47 just stick with the original 2007 Hitman movie, while it's not great it was decent enough.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation

A great entry into this franchise! It wasn't as exciting as Ghost Protocal but it was more grounded and not as over the top as GP and felt more like a genuine spy film. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Hitman: Agent 47

I took my sister to the movies for her birthday and we both wanted to see The Man From U.N.C.L.E but the theater was packed. Sadly our only choices were Hitman or The Transporter: Refuled, we really didn't want to see either but we went with the lesser of two evils, Hitman: Agent 47.
    It was terrible and absolutely nothing like the video games. In the games the point is to go unnoticed and take out the targets you are assigned to take out. In the movie the point was to shoot anything that moved. There was even a freaking car chase. The actor playing 47 looks/sounds nothing like the character from the game and his acting wasn't all that good. Zachary Quinto plays the villain but the whole time I was thinking how much he could pull off the role of 47. What a missed opportunity!
    This film is just your generic over the top action flick that you can pass on. A movie like this needs to be something more like Leon The Professtional and Collaterall but with a slight sci-fi element to it. If you need to see a movie with Agent 47 just stick with the original 2007 Hitman movie, while it's not great it was decent enough.

Man from UNCLE was packed?? Should've waited a night ...that film dissipated like water in the desert.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Man from UNCLE was packed?? Should've waited a night ...that film dissipated like water in the desert.

Haha that's the thing, we only just went a few days ago and the film has been out awhile. We figured we be one of the few that would've been in there. We walked in and there was practically no place to sit. We were shocked to say the least. When we asked the theater manager if we could see something else she told us a few other people asked the same thing for the exact same reason. She also told us that on UNCLE's opening day they only had about 10 tickets sold but that day it was a full house!

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    It's been a few weeks since i went to go see it, but Straight Outta Compton..

fantastic film... you don't have to be a fan of N.W.A or even Rap to enjoy this movie. It was really well made, and i wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 Oscar Noms didn't come off of this movie.. if i had to put a guess on what i would think it would be for.. it would probably be Best Actor - Jason Mitchell who stars as Eazy-E.. and Best Supporting Actor - Paul Giamatti who stars as record producer Jerry Heller..... hell, i'd even say Gary Gray deserves a nom for Directing as well... this was just a very well put together film across the board - not one weak link in the chain... and for myself, thus far, it's the movie of the year..
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,333
    Just seen SPL 2: A Time for Consequences with Wu Jing and Tony Jaa. Best action movie I've seen this year on the big screen. It's up there with Raid 2 for me, if not better. Special shout-out goes to the person who nearly steals the whole damn movie from everyone and that is Max Zhang who plays the corrupt prison warden, delivering an action performance which is dripping in ultra-cool menace. This guy would make a great Bond villian. I can honestly see why China doesn't need 007 when it's got these kickass productions to draw in the home crowds.

I'm not sure how it'll work on a smaller screen but it was fantastic at the cinema. Because I enjoyed it so much I'm giving it a 5/5. Yes, it's even better than MI:5 Rogue Nation.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    You know the thing about Jurassic World is that the dinosaurs were way more convincing than the actors.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 5,767
    The Nice Guys

H*** f****ng sh** did I need a film like this!
    As in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Shane Black takes the hardboiled detective genre and puts it upside down at every corner, and all of it in a meaningful way.
    Great cinematography and timing.
    And it´s such a breath of fresh air to see a film that actually offers some funny adult humor!

10/10
    @boldfinger, laughed my ass off that entire movie, another great entry from Black.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I want to see that movie, it s coming here next weekend.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Nice Guys will finish in my top 3 of 2016. It's #1 right now, and I'm failing to see any movies that can beat it, save for Jason Bourne, Silence and Hacksaw Ridge.
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR - 8/10
    X-Men: Apocalypse

It's pretty good, not the best but not the worst. I feel it would've been much better if they would of extended it into 2 parts and gave Apocalypse time to really cause trouble. Casting was good for the most part, athough I didn't like the kid they got to play Cyclops. I hear the next entry takes place in the 90s' so they probably recast most of the characters anyway.
    X-Men: Apocalypse

It's pretty good, not the best but not the worst. I feel it would've been much better if they would of extended it into 2 parts and gave Apocalypse time to really cause trouble. Casting was good for the most part, athough I didn't like the kid they got to play Cyclops. I hear the next entry takes place in the 90s' so they probably recast most of the characters anyway.
    Why would they recast, when the next film, which won´t probably be made for at least three years, is set to play only ten years after the last one?

To be fair, haven't they used the same set of actors for the last few films, even though they take place over a period of a couple of decades?
  • Captain America:Civil War 9/10

Thought it was fantastic and even better than Captain America:The Winter Soldier, which was also fantastic. I know Marvel films have come under a lot of fire, sometimes rightly so, for including too many humourous moments, but I think this film managed to create just the right mix of humour and tension. Some of the action scenes in it are brilliant and if you're a fan of these characters overall, I think you'll be excited by the direction they're taken in as the film progresses. The film also manages to raise some interesting themes and ideas, while never really talking down to the viewer, making it great for all ages to watch and enjoy. One of the best superhero movies out there imo. :)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,399
    what i have seen recently... and by recently, i mean what i've seen over the past 2-3 months...

Risen - 7/10

The Boss - 5/10

Batman v Superman - 6/10

Jungle Book - 9/10

Captain America: Civil War - 9/10

Nice Guys - 8/10

X-Men: Apocalypse - 7.5/10
    The Shallows 9/10

Blake Lively is pure sex, yet I couldn´t think about sex for a second, so thrilling was the film, and so likeable was Lively´s character.
    It´s not Jaws, for that it lacks the bunch of amazing characters. But as far as pure thrill is concerned, Bruce got himself a worthy successor.
    Suicide Squad 5 out of 10.
    Nothing much that I liked about this film other than maybe Margot Robbie looking real good as usual, and the brief continuity with Bat.
    The Lego Batman Movie
    MV5BMTcyNTEyOTY0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTAyNzU3MDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I took my nephew to see this last week. It was good and had a decent amount of humor only adults would get. There was a part when Dick Grayson meets Bruce Wayne and Grayson says, "Hi! My name is Richard Grayson but the kids at the orphanage call me Dick." Bruce's response is, "Yeah, well kids can be mean." Only the adults in the room laughed. If you liked The Lego Movie then you'll probably like this one.

John Wick: Chapter 2
    john-wick-chapter-2-poster.jpg

Saw this last night and I did not leave disappointed. The first is still better but only slightly... and only because it's the first. The brutality of the action scenes was amazing. Those scenes alone are worth the trip to the theater. The story didn't feel forced and it felt like a straight continuation of the first film (much like QoS to CR, but slightly better). If you enjoyed the first one, then you must check this one out!
    Logan:

More like a Sam Peckinpah violent action flick than a Marvel Comics film.
    Meh 3/5 stars.
    SPIDERMAN: HOMECOMING
    dice.png
    WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES (3D)
    maxresdefault.jpg

Besides Spartacus, the best goddamn movie I have seen this year, just amazing on every level. A real work of art.
    dice-six-clipart.png
    DUNKIRK
    dunkirk-trailer-image-16.jpg

Great cinematic achievement. It should be seen in the cinema. Only minor complaint: There is a lot of noise in this movie, so it would have been nice if Zimmer didn t add so much to it with his endless droning. In some scenes it works, but in others Zimmer is like that damn tivoli employee who gives your spinning teacup a few extra spins when you are already wishing for a bucket.
    1000px-Dice-4-b.svg.png
    KNIVES OUT
    maxresdefault.jpg

Very clever script, great performances from everyone, terrific sets and photo. Ana de Armas really stands out, as does the score.
    dice_five-512.png

54310.jpg?width=100
    Wonderful achievement by Mendes, Deakins, Gassner, Newman and everyone else involved. This is better than Skyfall, better than Saving Private Ryan and better than Dunkirk. It was also great to finally see the NTTD trailer on the big screen.
    img_559119.png

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Thunderfinger I greatly enjoyed those last 4 films (5 even, if you count Spider-Man: Homecoming) you posted about here, which I've all seen on the big screen as well.
    @Thunderfinger I greatly enjoyed those last 4 films (5 even, if you count Spider-Man: Homecoming) you posted about here, which I've all seen on the big screen as well.

Seems like I am the only one to post here. Of those five, WFTPOTA is still the one to beat.