SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Christoph Waltz elected Actor of the Year by GQ MAGAZINE.

jbbr_Naomie_Harris_Christoph_Waltz_GQMOTY_2015.jpg

jbbr_Naomie_Harris_Christoph_Waltz_GQMOTY_2015_2.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    North Van is but not the theaters in Downtown Van. Cineplex says they're not up yet (for my theatre Downtown) but will be before midnight. We'll see!

Riverport has it's IMAX showings on sale, and Metrotown has their AVX up, but yeah nothing downtown just yet. Waiting with bated breath...

Got 6 tix at ScotiaBank for the 8:05pm showing in AVX (not DBOX)

12002877_629826533753_5783620666564175447_n.jpg?oh=538e247b2b53220ebbd2b9b7c3596a2b&oe=56677A2E

Come hang! :D
  • DomesticKittenDomesticKitten Blofeld's Lap
    edited September 2015 Posts: 29
    North Van is but not the theaters in Downtown Van. Cineplex says they're not up yet (for my theatre Downtown) but will be before midnight. We'll see!

Riverport has it's IMAX showings on sale, and Metrotown has their AVX up, but yeah nothing downtown just yet. Waiting with bated breath...

Got 6 tix at ScotiaBank for the 8:05pm showing in AVX (not DBOX)

12002877_629826533753_5783620666564175447_n.jpg?oh=538e247b2b53220ebbd2b9b7c3596a2b&oe=56677A2E

Come hang! :D

Absolutely! Friday night, yeah? I'll get my tickets in the row in front of you
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,518
    This is actually Saturday night :/ got friends coming in from out of town to see it. Cineplex website also didn't seem to have showings on November 6th, and the www.spectre-tickets.ca went 404 when I clicked on ScotiaBank tickets for the 6th.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 29
    This is actually Saturday night :/ got friends coming in from out of town to see it. Cineplex website also didn't seem to have showings on November 6th, and the www.spectre-tickets.ca went 404 when I clicked on ScotiaBank tickets for the 6th.

Saturday it is! Done and done. Booked. It must have updated because I now have tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday haha!

I'm E15+16 right in front of you.

...I'm sure this is fascinating stuff for everyone else in this thread haha.
    Sorry lads and lasses!
    FINAL TRAILER CONFIRMED - the editing team is putting finishing touches today. Expect classification on BBFC later this week/early next week, release closer to end of the month (with Sony's The Walk?)

R9qF8uw.png

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2015 Posts: 3,277
    Great news @Antovolk. I bet we'll have something new with the release of the theme on September 25th, like the SKYFALL ADELE TV PROMO.

Great news @Antovolk. I bet we'll have something new with the release of the theme on September 25th, like the SKYFALL ADELE TV PROMO.

I guess the question is @marketto007, whether this final trailer will feature the theme...or will they have a separate TV promo spot with the theme, and a different final trailer. Honestly, I'd prefer the latter...and I'd love for the final trailer to go back to the moody and atmospheric style of the teaser trailer. I was hoping the theatrical trailer would be like that, alas...

The two-punch of final trailer and the theme at the end of the month is a great way to kick off the final phase of the marketing campaign!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    New trailer possibly by the end of the month? I can work with that. Can't believe we have less than two months to go now.
    Also it seems like this is the first Bond film with a final trailer. Don't think it's the first with a three- trailer campaign though - I think DAD and one or two other Brosnan films had 3 trailers (two teasers and a full theatrical; as opposed to teaser-theatrical-final here).

Also remember that a music video for Writing's on the Wall has also been done by Smith's team and will likely land September 25 too.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    So when can we expect this new trailer then?
    So when can we expect this new trailer then?

End of the month with Smith's song.
    I don't know if I'm gonna watch this one.
    I've seen the perfect amount I think, I don't need to see any more. I am perfectly hyped, and I'm gonna keep it at this level.

...no matter how hard it becomes not to click...
    I still haven't seen a single teaser or trailer. Holding out until November!

I wish I had the strength to do that. I'm too weak!
    Tickets were available in my area! Picked up two for a friend and I on Thursday, November 5th at 7 PM. So excited. Now trying to coerce my other friend into getting me early on the 6th so I can go to Pittsburgh and see it in IMAX.
    The Force is strong with this one!
    Am unsure if to see Spectre in regular cinema or an IMAX. Presumably SP is really filmed to be seen in regular cinema?

Have not been to an IMAX. I think Crawley is nearest to me - has anyone been there? Any recommendations on which are the best seats?
    Whereabouts are you located @Creasy47?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Troy wrote: »
    Am unsure if to see Spectre in regular cinema or an IMAX. Presumably SP is really filmed to be seen in regular cinema?

I have a similar quick question for everyone. Does it make sense to see SP in IMAX, since it is not filmed using IMAX cameras (unlike, say TDKR or TDK)? Is the effect as pronounced with a film like SP vs. a film like Interstellar for instance? Or will there be some inevitable resolution loss when seeing a non-IMAX camera film such as SP on a true large IMAX screen?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    bondjames wrote: »

I have a similar quick question for everyone. Does it make sense to see SP in IMAX, since it is not filmed using IMAX cameras (unlike, say TDKR or TDK)? Is the effect as pronounced with a film like SP vs. a film like Interstellar for instance? Or will there be some inevitable resolution loss when seeing a non-IMAX camera film such as SP on a true large IMAX screen?

There will be resolution loss obviously as it's filmed on 35mm and not 70mm IMAX but the up-conversion should make up for the source quality loss, especially when seeing it in a theatre with IMAX Laser (like the Empire Leicester Square in London). If you're seeing it on a "true large" screen without the laser projection - like the BFI IMAX - the quality won't be the greatest tbh as the current digital IMAX projectors are a bit lacking for those big screens.

For Skyfall, the effect was more pronounced (but not as pronounced as, say, Interstellar) because they opened the aspect ratio up for the whole film to 1.9:1. With SPECTRE you won't get that since most of the film save for the Mexico sequence was shot anamorphic.

Also one big reason to see in IMAX - the sound is fantastic.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    antovolk wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

There will be resolution loss obviously as it's filmed on 35mm and not 70mm IMAX but the up-conversion should make up for the source quality loss, especially when seeing it in a theatre with IMAX Laser (like the Empire Leicester Square in London). If you're seeing it on a "true large" screen without the laser projection - like the BFI IMAX - the quality won't be the greatest tbh as the current digital IMAX projectors are a bit lacking for those big screens.

For Skyfall, the effect was more pronounced (but not as pronounced as, say, Interstellar) because they opened the aspect ratio up for the whole film to 1.9:1. With SPECTRE you won't get that since most of the film save for the Mexico sequence was shot anamorphic.

Also one big reason to see in IMAX - the sound is fantastic.

Thanks for the detailed answer @antovolk. IMAX it is then! At least for the first visit...
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Maybe I'll try IMAX then ...I'll be in Houston though.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Maybe I'll try IMAX then ...I'll be in Houston though.

Was in London when saw SF.
    @NickTwentyTwo, I live about 20 minutes from the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester, VA.
    Final trailer edited and complete today!

Brilliant news on the trailer! I am wondering seeing as the 25th is a Friday, whether it will be released in conjunction with the new Sam Smith song? Either way i am pumped baby! \m/
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Final trailer edited and complete today!

Already posted but a reminder never hurts :)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Christoph Waltz is on the cover of the September issue of 'The Rake'. The magazine is in Russian, so I'm not sure if he mentions 'Spectre' at all, but might be worth checking out if anyone here has access to it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @NickTwentyTwo, I live about 20 minutes from the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester, VA.

Oh, nice! Your 7pm showing on the 5th was suspiciously like my 7pm showing on the 5th, but that's probably pretty common.