Anthony Horowitz's James Bond novel - Trigger Mortis

Comments

• Bounine wrote: »
    @TriggerMortis

Thanks for that! So, he's keen then. Let's see how sales go and then what the Fleming estate do.

Hussain was there? I always like seeing her on BBC World. :)

How does your last sentence end? "He claimed that he'd..."
    Bounine wrote: »
    @TriggerMortis

Thanks for that! So, he's keen then. Let's see how sales go and then what the Fleming estate do.

Sorry Bounine but the site went sideways on me so I just finished the post another way and reposted.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Still waiting for my hard copy to arrive.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2015 Posts: 17,727
    Oh dear, it seems I need to get the black edition too, then. I didn't see any in Waterstones but I desperately want the Fleming material added at the end.
    That's the one I ordered.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @Trigger Mortis that was a good question you put last night so now I can put a face to the name however I still don't know what V53 looks like ! I'm only sorry that I did not have the opportunity to introduce myself yesterday left after a brief chat with the man himself as I had a long train journey home to Bristol .
    Severely disappointed, my pre ordered Amazon copy has failed to turn up! Apparently coming by Royal Maila me should be here today....I think not!
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Chevron wrote: »
    Looking at the waterstones website they seem to have a black cover version of the book with extra material. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Still, if it's £9 in tescos I'll go ahead and buy that one. I'll pop around tonight.

Black is their special edition. If you are a collector this could be the one for you as it includes exclusive Fleming material.
    If not ....£9 sounds like a deal but beware their dodgy accounting practices!

Nothing in my local Tesco tonight so I don't have the book yet. I do think I want the black waterstones one. I think I'll pay the extra for it. Cheers for the info.
    I've just ordered the "black edition" from the waterstones website. £13.99 minus £5.57 in points I had accrued. I think the cover looked a bit better in black.
    I would have liked to pick up a copy in my local branch but they don't seem to have any in stock according to the website.
    Second class post so it will take ages to arrive but I'm looking forward to it.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,594
    I wanted to order the black edition from Waterstones when it was still 9.99 and together with the postage cost to China, it comes to 32 pounds! I'm just not sure if it's worth paying that much just for a book, Fleming content or not. Now that the book is 14 pounds...

Does anyone feel like scanning the Fleming material and posting it on this thread or is that against the law? :)

Still haven't ordered the book yet. Must transfer money from Shanghai to my home country account before I can use my visa.

@TriggerMortis

@TriggerMortis

Sorry Bounine but the site went sideways on me so I just finished the post another way and reposted.

Read the rest of your post. Thanks.
  • It's incredible to read some of the comments about book stores being out of stock or Waterstones not having their own special edition on shelf etc..
    As a book lover it makes you spit blood.
    I'm quite sure when 'Spectre' launches the movie theatres will have the film to show. Why is it so different in the book trade ?
    It's difficult to have sympathy with these guys when they bitch about Amazon, e-books and all the rest of it when they can't get the basics right!
    Still, fans - go find it. I'm half way through and so fare, it is pitch perfect.
    Villieurs53 has finished his and asked me to mention that he gives it 5 stars.
  • I bought the black edition yesterday, and got through the first 3 chapters. I'm very impressed with what I have read already. It actually does feel more like a Fleming novel, and I found myself trying to look for faults, like I've done with the 3 other Bond books, and I'm pleased to say I couldn't.

I'm pleased to see the named chapters return too, which is what I hated about the other writers who have had a stab at this.

So far so good. If it continues like this, we have a winner on our hands...
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 117
    How much extra Fleming material is include in the black edition?

• Scamp wrote: »
    The treatment for Murder On Wheels.

• Scamp wrote: »

Its 7 pages, looks like a photocopy of the original typed plot for the TV episode
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,594
    I'm still confused over this. Were some of Fleming's actual words used in this novel? Was this in chapter 2, the M briefing?

7 pages? Worth owning do you think? Being a treatment then it just talks about what will happen, with no actual dialogue I presume ?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    There is a chapter called 'Murder on Wheels' so I expect this is where the Fleming material is used.
    I preordered from amazon and got it yesterday, can someone tell me if its a 1st ed numbers inside the book are 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4. From what I read online that isn't. Cant afford 1st ed fleming novels so I like these to be
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited September 2015 Posts: 805
    I saw the black edition in Waterstones yesterday and was very tempted. Kinda wish I hadn't ordered the Goldsboro one as would really like the additional Fleming bits :(
    Didn't see it at the local WHSmith in Paris, but some things arrive late in this store (the first issue of "Doctor Who : The Complete History" wasn't there either, but the DVD of "Terror of the Zygons" was).
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    edited September 2015 Posts: 893
    3 question interview with Anthony Horowitz here: http://literary007.com/2015/09/07/exclusive-interview-with-anthony-horowitz/

In-depth review of Trigger Mortis arriving tomorrow on http://literary007.com
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Scamp wrote: »

And it's absolute gold!

• FlemingFleming Cantabria
    It's a pity that here in Spain have not been purchased copyrights. I'll have to buy it in English. This will be the only way for me to read .
  • Through 5 chapters I am really enjoying it so far. Very much a classic Bond novel to me.
    The Book Bond Review:

http://www.thebookbond.com/

I wish I hadn't have read this because it contains spoilers. There is a warning at the beginning but I didn't have the discipline to stay away instead opting to scan through it hoping to avoid the spoilers which didn't work. Now, I know what Bond races to prevent at the end of the book. Damn. I always ruin it for myself. Discipline Bounine. Discipline.
    I read a spoiler in a newspaper piece a few days ago. It wasn't even a review. It was probably what he races to prevent also. Annoying.
  • I pre-ordered a Waterstone's edition at the beginning of August and mine still hasn't shipped.
    I bought the black edition yesterday, and got through the first 3 chapters. I'm very impressed with what I have read already. It actually does feel more like a Fleming novel, and I found myself trying to look for faults, like I've done with the 3 other Bond books, and I'm pleased to say I couldn't.

I'm pleased to see the named chapters return too, which is what I hated about the other writers who have had a stab at this.

So far so good. If it continues like this, we have a winner on our hands...

Nice. Mine hasn't landed yet.....but your comments all sound promising from someone who appreciates Fleming.
  • DannyBoy1994DannyBoy1994 Wales
    I purchased the Waterstone's edition yesterday, have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far! Reads very much like a Fleming novel.
    The only thing stopping me from reading more is work!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Finished it last night and really enjoyed it. Much better than the last three
    Writers. Horowitz is obviously not only a fan,but he obviously respects
    Fleming as a writer. Hope he gets another Bond book deal.