SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    From the title song thread:

The #SPECTRE theme: Sung by Ellie Goulding & Sam Smith, written by Thom Yorke & Jonny Greenwood (Yorke & Jonny Greenwood are members of Radiohead.)

But why would this person Paul Dunphy know anything?
    Why is this tweet being taken seriously?

That's a joke, be sure of it!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

The #SPECTRE theme: Sung by Ellie Goulding & Sam Smith, written by Thom Yorke & Jonny Greenwood (Yorke & Jonny Greenwood are members of Radiohead.)

So umm everyone except the Adele folks were right?
  • From the title song thread:

Oh, I'm quite certain it's a joke. I just can't understand why some people seem to be taking it seriously.

• I don't believe it's true either, just based on the idea that it would mean mostly everyone rumoured is involved apart from Adele. Why not take it even further and say that her, Sam and Ellie will be singing it.

Oh, I'm quite certain it's a joke. I just can't understand why some people seem to be taking it seriously.

I don't believe it's true either, just based on the idea that it would mean mostly everyone rumoured is involved apart from Adele. Why not take it even further and say that her, Sam and Ellie will be singing it.

Adele is doing the backing vocals :))
    leas_mole wrote:
    According to emails from Sony from another thread, a couple more European premiere dates

28th October - Berlin
    29th Paris - Paris

I am hoping these dates are still correct? I might go to the Paris premiere red carpet as Eurostar have a sale

James Bond Club from France has confirmed that the Premiere in Paris will be held on October 29th. Nevertheless, the theatre is not known yet. Anyway, should be there since it seems no tix for the World Premiere are sold this year.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 7,500
    Not mad about that choice. All of his songs sound quite similar to me...

But hopefully the Bond harmonics can spice things up as usual! I have no complaints about his voice, but at the end of the day its the actual song that matters.

Will be exciting to se how he does it. Hopefully it will be with a full, brassy orchestra. And I hope he gets a talented guy to arrange it. Maybe Thomas Newman will be involved?
    jobo wrote: »
    Not mad about that choice. All of his songs sound quite similar to me...

But hopefully the Bond harmonics can spice things up as usual! I have no complaints about his voice, but at the end of the day its the actual song that matters.

Will be exciting to se how he does it. Hopefully it will be with a full, brassy orchestra. And I hope he gets a talented guy to arrange it. Maybe Thomas Newman will be involved?

I hope so too.
    But then EON has given us already two "Bond" songs that sounded nothing like they should have with You Know My Name and Another Way To Die, so I don't have too high expectations.
    After Adele's relatively typical Bond tune they might just go back to that non-Bond stuff.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    thanks @Lio007 - I think I will spend a few nights in Paris, première or not ;) great city.
  • I think this is a bit more....correct no?

Composers and producers of the "SPECTRE" theme song are Jonny Greenwood & Thom Yorke, who both are members of the British progressive rock/electro band 'Radiohead'.

Lately Jonny Greenwood is also well-known in Hollywood as movie score composer. He wrote the music for many movies from Paul-Thomas Anderson, including:
    --> "There Will Be Blood" (BAFTA nomination, Grammy nomination, 1 Critics Choice Award win)
    --> "The Master"
    --> "Inherent Vice"
    And the Lynne Ramsay directed drama/thriller:
    --> "We Need To Talk About Kevin"

The same goes for Thom Yorke, who wrote the music for the following films:
    --> "The Prestige" (directed by Christopher Nolan)
    --> "The Twilight Saga: New Moon"

Both Thom Yorke & Jonny Greenwood have been working together with James Bond film composer Thomas Newman on "SPECTRE". So expect some recurring themes and melodies from the theme song into the movie score. Jonny Greenwood's work on his movies have an eerie, almost scary sound, in which he replaces agressive guitar riffs by big orchestrated string sections.

Ellie Goulding & Sam Smith are the performers of the song. They don't need much explanation. Due to the absence of new work from Adele, both Ellie and Sam are considered to be the hottest and commercially most succesful singers in the UK.

The song they will sing for "SPECTRE" will be the 2nd duet in the Bond-franchise....after Jack White's and Alicia Keys' badly received "Another Way To Die" ("Quantum Of Solace").

Tomorrow at 5:00 PM GMT time the song will be released on radio and mp3 across the globe, no??? Quite interesting news today, no @RC7 ;-)?
    @Gustav_Graves I think that Tweet was a joke but thanks for the breakdown, we will know for sure tomorrow though.
    The same goes for Thom Yorke, who wrote the music for the following films:
    --> "The Prestige" (directed by Christopher Nolan)

Like I already said in the other thread this is very misleading. I believe you're a Nolan fan so you probably know it, too, I suppose. David Julyan wrote the score. One of Yorke's songs, released on his album months before the movie came out, was used during the closing credits. Which is completely different from saying he wrote the music for the movie, which implies writing the score.

• Just to do a little check, how many of the forum members will be standing outside Royal Albert Hall apart from me?
  • RC7RC7
    I've just heard word that RAH isn't confirmed as the premiere venue. Doesn't mean it won't be, but right now it's not officially confirmed, which makes me wonder if they have something else planned.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,208
    New SPECTRE set photo:

COU7tWuWEAY9rKm.jpg:large
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cool pic. Hope we get some uncomfortably intense Landa-esque moments there.
    Just to do a little check, how many of the forum members will be standing outside Royal Albert Hall apart from me?
    I'll be there!

Great photo of Christoph and Léa ;)
  • where did the new pic come from?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619
    I really dislike Lea's nose. :| It looks like the nose of a 5 year old.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @hthomas I'm wondering about that also. I found it on twitter.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I hope they do enough to distinguish this Waltz performance from his others.
    Waltz is wearing a gold Spectre ring, all others have been silver.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119
    aaron819 wrote: »
    New SPECTRE set photo:

Am I the only one who finds this a very discomforting picture? Look at Madeleine's tears...and how scared she looks. While at the same time Oberhauser....is still joyous, slightly smirking a bit.

All the Bond girls of the Craig era really have to endure lots of pain no :-O. Vesper, Severine, and now Madeleine.

By the way, I don't know how many of you fans are dreaming about James Bond lately. I do. And I had this very uncomfortable dream about Christoph Waltz/Oberhauser. And looking at this picture.....gives me the chills again.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    aaron819 wrote: »
    New SPECTRE set photo:

Am I the only one who finds this a very discomforting picture? Look at Madeleine's tears...and how scared she looks. While at the same time Oberhauser....is still joyous, slightly smirking a bit.

All the Bond girls of the Craig era really have to endure lots of pain no :-O. Vesper, Severine, and now Madeleine.

By the way, I don't know how many of you fans are dreaming about James Bond lately. I do. And I had this very uncomfortable dream about Christoph Waltz/Oberhauser. And looking at this picture.....gives me the chills again.

This is the 2nd time he's tormented her (or at least a character she's played). She was in the legendary opening scene with him in Inglorious Basterds.
    19149441.jpg
  • Loved that image so much I thought I'd use it as my picture :)
    And I had this very uncomfortable dream about Christoph Waltz/Oberhauser. And looking at this picture.....gives me the chills again.
    285891.gif
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    finally a picture of Christoph and Léa :-c
    If its Sam Smith? then its another ballad? Love the new pic above!
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Am I the only one who finds this a very discomforting picture? Look at Madeleine's tears...and how scared she looks. While at the same time Oberhauser....is still joyous, slightly smirking a bit......

.....By the way, I don't know how many of you fans are dreaming about James Bond lately. I do. And I had this very uncomfortable dream about Christoph Waltz/Oberhauser. And looking at this picture.....gives me the chills again.

It's OK they're only acting, it's just pretend.

Try laying off the cheese before bedtime.

Hopefully will get my hands on one of those Spectre cinema standee's from my contact in the cinema business!! B-)