Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm curious, @Gareth007fan, why did you edit your post?
  • RC7RC7
    Dunphy is a Bond fan. He's been on forums over the last decade.
  • What

what post ?
  • Can we just stick to the subject now
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I can't get back to sleep. And now I hear it's Sam Smith and Ellie Goulding? So very uninspired is my first reaction. Disappointment reigns. Just hoping now the actual song is somehow great. They could possibly do a good job with a great song and the right tone/attitude. But this is not encouraging news. I will try to remain open to the song itself making this all okay somehow.
  • Jonny Greenwood is VERY interesting indeed! This man is a talent, a wonderful composer, and my favourite director's in-house movie score composer: Paul Thomas Anderson!

He already composed the movie scores for "Inherent Vice", "We Need To Talk About Kevin", "The Master" and "There Will Be Blood". For the latter one he already won a Critics Choice Award. His scores have a very eery, scary feel to it. In which he uses strings as he uses his agressive guitar work. This could literally give "SPECTRE" a "SPECTRE"-esque feel to it. Wonderful!

So I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas Newman and Jonny Greenwood actually worked together!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Look, we're all Bond fans here. Let's try and not attack other members for their views. Live and let live y'all.
  • MrLunnMrLunn Lunnigham
    Don't care - smith is an awful choice. So not happy - cue bleedin' moaning melodic nonsense. In the shadows blah blah...standing alone blah blah...love will save you blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    edited September 2015 Posts: 5,080
    What

what post ?

You know which one.

Looks to me as if you're being a coward- you posted homophobic trite, you got called out on it, now you're trying to cover your tracks.
  • Not covering an
    What

what post ?

You know which one.

Looks to me as if you're being a coward- you posted homophobic trite, you got called out on it, now you're trying to cover your tracks.

Not covering any tracks. Its not going to change my opinion on that. Theres loads of people who would aggre and say they don't like you know what, but its wrong I cannot express that feeling. Anyway the below words from sam smith are one reason I hate him.

Only in July, Sam told Capital FM he was "definitely not" doing it.

"People seem to think I'm doing it but I have no idea what's going on. I'm being deadly serious. I think I would know by now," he said.

"I heard Ellie Goulding was going to do it," he added.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,263
    This is actually a brilliant collaboration on part of EON if you look at it from a marketing perspective. The song will probably be released tomorrow unless that has already been confirmed. With Ellie Goulding opening the NFL season this week, it would be almost guaranteed she would be performing this new track, which would garner millions of American viewers' attention. Sam Smith is talented, more than he gets credit for on this site. Backed by the writing of members of Radiohead, whose greatest quality has been noted to be their sense of art and originality.

The only question left is where does Phil Collins come into this, if at all? Perhaps he will be involved in a second song or just maybe his own promotional work draws similarities to Spectre.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I'm not happy.
    I'm not disappointed.
    I just wanna hear the song: if it is good, good.
    If it is not good, good the same.
    It's a Bond theme after all
  • RC7RC7
    Look, we're all Bond fans here. Let's try and not attack other members for their views. Live and let live y'all.

This forum is not a place for homophobia. It's not a 'view', it's an archaic, ludicrous notion that is best kept for one's own shallow world. It has jack to do with the SP theme tune. Let's leave it at that and discuss the news.
  • Good promotion for the movie, but I am SCARED!
    edited September 2015 Posts: 5,080
    If this shit's allowed to stand, then this isn't the place I thought it was. I'm out.
  • SasSas
    Hopefully it is a great song.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Wow, if this is true (Smith+ Goulding+Radiohead) I'm really curious. Seems so out there it could actually work!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 40,368
    If you hate Sam Smith for lying about doing the theme song, then do you hate Christoph Waltz for denying the inevitability of probably playing Blofeld? What about Benedict Cumberbatch for denying his true role in 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' even though everyone knew who he was playing? Actors and directors alike constantly lie to the press about these things, get over it. Let's try and keep this on topic now that we finally have something concrete to talk about, or this can always be closed for a while.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Well, I'm bisexual with a long gay period in my youth (I'm happily married to a woman).

I must admit it bothers me when reading such comments.
    I don't mind if someone doesn't approve of this lifestyle but one should refrain from saying so in public or choose other words.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 161
    Jonny Greenwood would have been also a great composer for SP.
    Check out this very Barry-esque track from the Inherent Vice soundtrack (from 2:35 onward):

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Even Adele said she wasn't doing Skyfall, even when everyone knew...
    ..... She WAS singing Skyfall. :))
  • MrLunn wrote: »
    Don't care - smith is an awful choice. So not happy - cue bleedin' moaning melodic nonsense. In the shadows blah blah...standing alone blah blah...love will save you blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Glad someone is one my side. :)

• Well, I'm bisexual with a long gay period in my youth (I'm happily married to a woman).

I must admit it bothers me when reading such comments.
    I don't mind if someone doesn't approve of this lifestyle but one should refrain from saying so in public or choose other words.

No I agree he will deny it, but its how depth he went into denying it then using ellie as a distraction. It's just th way he does it. And the fact I just don't like him period, doesn't help. His voice isn't for bond. Wont understand the lyrics that's for sure if he is lead singer.
    Me right now

giphy.gif

Curious to see what cocktail of a song we get.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    A case of too many cooks?

I'll admit it seems like a bit of a cluster f""", but let's see if the song does the walking tomorrow.

I don't care who it is, but I do care if the song is shyte or not
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    dp. delete
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    My good people, don't you realise that this twitter of Smith & Goulding doing a duet written by Radiohead WAS A BIG JOKE TO MAKE FUN OF THE RUMOUR MILL?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619
    My good people, don't you realise that this twitter of Smith & Goulding doing a duet written by Radiohead WAS A BIG JOKE TO MAKE FUN OF THE RUMOUR MILL?
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but what makes you so sure it was a joke?
  • My good people, don't you realise that this twitter of Smith & Goulding doing a duet written by Radiohead WAS A BIG JOKE TO MAKE FUN OF THE RUMOUR MILL?

I think it's obviously a joke. I can't understand for the life of me why it's been taken seriously.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    In the spirit of spies and deception, I have a feeling it's Adele and Phil. They're the only two rumoured ones not being discussed at the moment.