Fleming 007 titles on Kindle

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
in Literary 007 Posts: 1,400
Getting ready to get a Kindle--how do the titles hold up on Kindle, in terms of reading them? do they lose anything, as opposed to reading the paperbacks?

Comments

• They hold up just fine..no problems at all
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have the kindle app on my phone and love the convenience, of always
    Having a book on me to pass the time. I have all the Fleming's with
    Some of the continuing novels.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    If you ever start using Kindle or an iPad for reading books you'll never go back.
    It's as convenient as having your entire record collection with you on an iPod or iPhone.
    Agreed, I'm reading Trigger Mortis at the moment, and last night
    in bed it was so awkward, trying to read it. When I get the kindle
    version ( pre ordered) I won't be reading the physical book again.
  • If you ever start using Kindle or an iPad for reading books you'll never go back.
    It's as convenient as having your entire record collection with you on an iPod or iPhone.

Yeah, I agree. Everyone talks about the smell of books etc....until they read a kindle, and find it so much more convenient.
    If you ever start using Kindle or an iPad for reading books you'll never go back.

Yeah, I agree. Everyone talks about the smell of books etc....until they read a kindle, and find it so much more convenient.

Well I guess the people who talk about the smell of books are talking about the touch of Vinyl too :))
    Just buy an air freshener that smells of old books and stick it
    to the back of your iPad. ;)
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 553
    :)) I didn't know they existed. Give it a few years and people will
    Be complaining about whatever replaces Kindle, saying it's just
    not the same as the " Old Kindle"
  • "Holographic Morgan Freeman reading 007 to me just isn't the same!"
    :))
    "Holographic Morgan Freeman reading 007 to me just isn't the same!"

Yes I want Rosamund Pike to do the Holograph thing :))
  • "It's not the same though...you can't beat the feel of a real..."

Actually, that sentence could go in multiple directions.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Bulls***. I own and use a Kindle and agree that's it's really comfortable, but I never bought an ebook. I'd rather own it on paper.
    Okay, perhaps "everyone" was a generalisation...but I did mean a kindle ereader, not a tablet...bulls*** is something of an overreaction
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Okay, perhaps "everyone" was a generalisation...but I did mean a kindle ereader, not a tablet...bulls*** is something of an overreaction

Yeah, maybe. You'll excuse me, but I can't stand generalisations ;)
  • Walecs wrote: »

Yeah, maybe. You'll excuse me, but I can't stand generalisations ;)

Couldn't agree more! A physical book will always be surperior :)
    Fair enough...it's fine :)

Perhaps a better way to have said it was I've known a number of people get quite misty eyed about how a physical book is irreplaceable..before they used an e-reader and changed their minds. They aren't to everyone's taste I guess.
    Even books are too modern for me, I like my novels in
    Hyroglifics, on Papyrus ;)
  • DariusDarius UK
    =bg= wrote:
    Getting ready to get a Kindle--how do the titles hold up on Kindle, in terms of reading them? do they lose anything, as opposed to reading the paperbacks?

They lose nothing whatsoever. Very often Kindle edition books contain more than their fair share of typos -- because I suppose pre-digital media books are either OCRd of someone has to laboriously copy type them out from either their original manuscripts or an earlier edition. I have all the Flemings in paperback edition (Penguin) and on Kindle and there's not much to choose between them.

One thing is certain -- I'd much rather have a Kindle in my pocket than fourteen books.