do people change their favorite Bond ?

124»

Comments

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    @BondJasonBond
    Ohh ok now i see why. It happens how we often imagine our favorite actor when reading a book.
    Especially when the book is describing a good looking and sexy man.

I most admit that when i read fifty shades i was imagining Pierce as Christian hehe
  • With Book Bond I usually see Connery and Dalton, but I also at times see Peter Mark Richman, who I swear must have been the inspiration for the Col Sun pb cover (also star of AGENT FOR H.A.R.M.) and Eric Braeden (each of whom have the 'something alien and not english' about them that Connery has.) I think if they'd gotten Braeden at the start of his career he might have played it for 40 years (assuming they let him.) Saw the guy on his soap the other day and he is ages as well as Connery.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @Szonana

The thing is Cary Grant would have been Bond, but he turned down the role.

As he is my favourite actor of all time I always wondered and imagined how he would have been in the role.
    That's probably why I like to see him as Bond in my mind when reading the novels :)

if only he had agreed to do more than just 1 film.
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    @Szonana

As he is my favourite actor of all time I always wondered and imagined how he would have been in the role.
    That's probably why I like to see him as Bond in my mind when reading the novels :)

If that happened we wouldn't have had the legend that is Sean Connery. I couldn't see Grant carrying the torch the way Connery did. Plus Grant would have been around 60 at the time. Far too old.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    HASEROT wrote: »
    @Szonana

If that happened we wouldn't have had the legend that is Sean Connery. I couldn't see Grant carrying the torch the way Connery did. Plus Grant would have been around 60 at the time. Far too old.

well neither could i - i was just saying that it regards to Cary Grant being the man's favorite..

when they lucked into Sean, it was probably the single greatest acting decision not originally planned in the history of film.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,778
    @Szonana

well neither could i - i was just saying that it regards to Cary Grant being the man's favorite..

when they lucked into Sean, it was probably the single greatest acting decision not originally planned in the history of film.

I'll second that. Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade.
    @Szonana

screw lemonade, they pulled a jesus and took lemons and made wine lol.
    @Szonana

You're right. Lemonade into Vodka Martinis (shaken not stirred).
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,399
    @Szonana

daniel-bryan-yes-cheer_zpsdixeq1k7.gif
    @Szonana

daniel-bryan-yes-cheer_zpsdixeq1k7.gif

I'm a big wrestling fan so I most certainly appreciate this. ^:)^