Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

Shardlake wrote: »
    but seriously if anyone thinks that Phil Collins apart from maybe in some production or writing capacity (highly unlikely) is performing a Bond theme????

I can't believe people are saying Radiohead have past it but some guy who was granted a very talented drummer but has also been responsible for some of the most insipid music produced in the 80's is more likely, well if it happens ... hello I must be going.

Let the door hit you on the way out I love his work with Genesis Brand some of his solo stuff so I will give him the chance he deserves.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    So it seems the speculation is mostly centering on...

Ellie Goulding
    Arctic Monkeys
    Radiohead
    Adele
    Sam Smith

Any others strongly rumored to be doing it?

For what it's worth, I'm leaning toward Goulding.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,417
    I pray to almighty Zeus that it is not bloody Phil Collins.
  • Why ? phil Collins has produced some great music. In the air tonight, for example. cool music.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Phil Collins?? I mean if that is a real possibility then bring on Elton John, George Michael or Peter Gabriel too...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The pick could very well come out of left field. Other than the obvious choice of Adele for Skyfall, did anyone call Chris Cornell or Jack White and Alicia Keys for the previous two Craig outings? I don't remember them being on anyone's radar.
    Very true, we might all get very surprised.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I wouldn't mind Cornell coming back for B25. Provides a nice bit of symmetry to the whole Craig era.
    Who do Mendes and Craig like? I bet they had a say.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Who do Mendes and Craig like? I bet they had a say.

I really hope not they have horrible taste!
    so what do we all make of the Phil Collins image?
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    it would be awesome if it ís Collins. i love the man (i don't know him but i love him ;-) - that's an inside joke).
    Is Phil Collins doing the theme song?
    He changed on August 25th his Facebook profile photo to this one, very similar to the SP teaser poster:

https://www.facebook.com/philcollins?fref=ts
    11900090_10153535015957716_916034449491638170_n.jpg?oh=963278c3d8cd849c1a283126d702d40b&oe=56756127

Source: http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/videos/teaser-trailer-spectre-nueva-aventura-james-bond-113640

EDIT: it's February news that he has been working with Adele on a song for her new album. Adele returning with Collins writing?

Well this would be an interesting twist! :-?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That definitely looks like a direct SP reference. Collins in combination with someone else would be amazing. Everything I've read about SP suggests trying to top SF, so this would make sense, along with someone else. A duet of sorts.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    This thread is really becoming a land of confusion with all these rumored singers.
    I'd be good with a Collins/Adele duet I think, but a Phil Collins solo performance would be a really strange way to go... but who knows?
    btw if people want a good mood atmospheric and dare I say it bondian song from Collins look to this

Logically it should be One Direction.

There have already been two of the most successful "boy bands" ever in a Bond movie.
    One Direction would fit that pattern perfectly.

Having said this, I absolutely hope that this will never happen, One Direction are on the same level as Justin Bieber for me.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    btw if people want a good mood atmospheric and dare I say it bondian song from Collins look to this

Love it. It's been one of my favourites for decades. Great in the car.
    This one would have been great for SF, with the Dench situation and all.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,415
    Lianne La Havas. English. Style of Sade and Camerol Amerold.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lianne_La_Havas
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lianne_La_Havas

On 23 August she turn 26.

In video clip she driving Astin Martin DB4.

Prince and Obama are big fan of her and she visit in The Netherlands a couple of times.

• I know these discussions are getting a little out of hand, but at least it's keeping us busy up till the official announcement. But if have to say, some of these artists we've talked about are very good !
    At this point I don't mind this topic opening up a bit. I've speculated all I care to about the eventual performer. At this point my anticipation has been replaced by an 'announce it already' attitude
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 330
    We wont have to wait too long now. Even Sam Mendes said that. I love the excitement of not knowing though but when it gets a little too long I cannot bear it. The phill Collins pic is rather intriguing though. I know it doesn't look exactly like the spectre teaser poster, but that doesn't mean there's no chance it isn't related. With all this sam smith rumour, I would be happy if it's phil if its a male singer.

Just think, if its really a male singer this time, it narrows many rumours down.

check this out ! http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/songstress-adele-legend-phil-collins-5094624
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    but seriously if anyone thinks that Phil Collins apart from maybe in some production or writing capacity (highly unlikely) is performing a Bond theme????

I can't believe people are saying Radiohead have past it but some guy who was granted a very talented drummer but has also been responsible for some of the most insipid music produced in the 80's is more likely, well if it happens ... hello I must be going.

Agreed. Phil Collins would be a laughably naff move.
    A good way to lose all credibility.
    That article is from Feb. Various sources have said that this collaboration fell through. Who knows what's true. From speculation to disinformation, there is a great deal of intentional and unintentional misleading information out there.
  • It would be AMAZING if Vanilla Ice made a comeback, driven by his contribution to the Bond film theme song cannon. His song-writing prowess is legendary....if I may leverage one of his most powerful lines, "Rollin, in the DB-10, with the flames out da back man that is whack!"
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    talos7 wrote: »
    At this point I don't mind this topic opening up a bit. I've speculated all I care to about the eventual performer. At this point my anticipation has been replaced by an 'announce it already' attitude

I am with you in attitude and anticipation, @talos7. And I am lukewarm at best on Phil Collins unless something unique (and Bondian!) is done by him ...
  • True. I just hope September is the month we hear it and not October.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,756

Not the whole song but you get the gist of it. (No versions of the full song were on Youtube)