Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,399
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @haserot, I've really been wanting to play that, as well! I'll probably try and pick it up on Black Friday this year, I'm assuming it'll drop down to $15-20 (hopefully).

its worth it.. if you're a fan of Alien - namely the original film, this will really appeal to you... it's not an action / shooting game.. it's a stealth game essentially, with a super smart Xenomorph that actually learns where you hide... it's very unnerving.. and, if you have a camera hooked up to your system, you can adjust the controls so that way the camera tracks your head movements (for looking around corners and such).. the downside, is that the game will also pick up noise coming through your microphone - so if you make any loud noises, Mr Xeno may come and get you.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I recently played a little indie game from 2003 called "5 Days a Stranger." It's a retro style point and click game that has you play as a mysterious cat burglar just called "Trilby." who breaks into the mysterious Dafoe manor but after he breaks in, the window he came in from is locked and finds several people also trapped inside the manor and the adventure is trying to find a way out. Very neat little point and click game. I shot through it in a couple hours.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    FRAMED visually stunning and really addicting.

Here is the link: better you look for yourselves...

framed-game.com

Re-arrange panels of a comic book to change the outcome of the story.

I did hear some news about the 89 car though- not all of it good. People were wondering if it would have a 'battle mode' and how it would look... it seemed as though the only way to drive it was on those bonus tracks, which obviously sucks.

Well, here's the deal. Apparently you can drive it in the main game, but it has no battle mode at all. So basically you can't really drive it (and do any good with it) until you beat the game.

Oh well. But I'm currently at 45% so I'll at least use the hell out of the Keaton skin!
    Looks like I may have been false re: driving the Batmobile in the main game. I donloaded it last night and it sure doesn't look like it's playable (despite what I heard)
    If it's a question of 'battle mode', why cant they just keep it simple?

Regular:

Batmobile89.jpg

and battle mode:

Remote-Control-1989-Batmobile-with-machine-guns.jpg

See? It could have been that simple! It doesn't have to turn into a freaking Transformer like the default one.
    Supposedly the Tumbler is getting released in September. That seems more likely to be in the main game

I LOVE playing as Keaton though!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 40,368
    Honestly, it sounds like Rocksteady is starting to nickel and dime their customers with these ridiculous DLC packs. You'd be better off waiting for an inevitable GOTY edition. I got the Harley Quinn DLC pack and the Scarecrow DLC pack for free when I bought the game, and the former pack was one mission that took me maybe 20 - 30 minutes to complete, and the latter pack contains three rather dull race battles that take you 15 minutes and add no replayability once you've maxed out the stars for them. I can only assume the Batgirl DLC is the exact same way.

EDIT: As for me, someone gave me a free beta code for 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3,' so I'm downloading that and will give it a go tomorrow. Can't beat free, but God help me with the inevitability that will be this depressing game. A man can hope, though, but from what I've seen, it's more of the same lightning fast-paced, frenetic gameplay that I don't love, which is why I've spent most of these last few weeks (gaming wise) with 'Battlefield: Hardline.' Probably my least favorite entry in the series (totally different concept, different developer, same bugs as always), but somehow, I still do enjoy myself. I'm looking forward to DICE's next 'Battlefield' game in 2016.
  • I fired up my X Box and have been playing:

Prisoner Of War
    A challenging game not for those in constant need for action. Patience is the key. Patience and observing the guard movement patterns.

Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb
    Why have there not been more Indiana Jones games?

I've been wanting to play that Indiana Jones game for forever, I'll pick it up one day. Like most of you I've been enjoying myself playing a lot of Arkham Knight, I've also started a playthrough of the first Assassin's Creed, going to eventually try to make my way through all of them, I'm enjoying myself, the activities are all the same really, but I haven't been as bothered by it as most have complained about, also this is the first time I've played an AC games, so I didn't have to "go back" and play it, so there's that too. Looking forward to progressing through the series though.

I've been wanting to play that Indiana Jones game for forever, I'll pick it up one day.

It's one of the greats- it's actually the reason I never got rid of the XBOX after all these years! (Well that and Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, EON, and FRWL but I figure that's a given)

Even though it's not nearly as good, I still have a soft spot for Infernal Machine. It broke my heart a few years ago when I bought a newer computer and it wouldn't play the old game :(
    I had the same problem with Dark Forces 2 come to think of it.... What's up with that!!? I loved those old games!
    Is 'Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb' the Xbox Original game? If so, I put so much time into that game and loved it. It's a shame they scrapped that new one they were going to do on the 360/PS3 many years back.

I remember struggling with a mission on 'Emperor's Tomb' because you had to solve a temple puzzle that was submerged in water, only there was a large alligator floating around, and I recall being young and freaked out at the thought of swimming around, helpless, with a massive alligator gnawing at my heels.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,813
    That's correct Creasy!

Oh god I remember seeing the pictures of that new one- it ended up getting released on the PS2 instead as 'The Staff of Kings' and it was ABYSMAL. It literally was an incomplete game that was released anyway! Completely unplayable

Here are some of the images floating around of the 360/PS3 game they were planning:

indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings.jpg
    IndianaJones.jpg

here's what we got:

394408-indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-psp-screenshot-title.jpg
    962275-952630_20090623_001.jpg
    Wow, that looks like a steaming pile of garbage. They were showing off the Euphoria engine when they first announced it, showcasing videos of Indy punching a bad guy as he flies into a table that shatters into a million pieces. I loved the look of it so much, shame the true product never saw the light of day.
  • I never played Staff of Kings, but I actually own it, it's on the Wii, just haven't gotten around to playing it. If I remember though, the graphics are definitely better than the PS2 version. I remember the video of the new engine used for Indy too and being awed by it.
    11051987_10100742097817201_1475283068103014193_n.jpg?oh=2cf9b87e247a3c96875ab34a0bcd1c69&oe=56835199

Wtf- has this happened to anyone else? And this is AFTER Scarecrow ordered him to remove the belt, that's the funny part!
    This wasn't just a quick frame, he stayed like this until I quit. So weird
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I vaguely remember playing the PS2 port 'Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings', but nothing really stick out in my mind, if that makes any sense. Emperor's Tomb, on the other hand, is really fun. If you have an XBX or can buy one cheap, I would strongly recommend it.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 12,837
    Alien Isolation is a brilliant game. So tense and nerve wracking. They really nailed the look and feel of the original film too, proving that it is possible to make a great licenced game that will satisfy fans of the franchise and be a great game in it's own right (dunno why no developer is willing to try that with Bond anymore...).

I started a thread on it ages ago actually, if any of you fancy putting your thoughts on the game in there then here it is

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10061/alien-isolation

@YouHaveAnOddJob I think the first one was good for it's time but AC II (fantastic game, still my favourite game of all time) is where the franchise really gets good. It's a really great series (the only crap one imo is Unity, the most recent one, and I say that as someone who didn't even experience any of the bugs and glitches that were widely reported), I hope you enjoy them :)
  • @YouHaveAnOddJob I think the first one was good for it's time but AC II (fantastic game, still my favourite game of all time) is where the franchise really gets good. It's a really great series (the only crap one imo is Unity, the most recent one, and I say that as someone who didn't even experience any of the bugs and glitches that were widely reported), I hope you enjoy them :)

Thanks, and yes, that's what I've heard is that it makes a huge leap in II, looking forward to getting to it, honestly don't think I have too much left on I, but I am spending the time to collect all the flags and try to get achievements wherever possible.

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Alien Isolation is a brilliant game. So tense and nerve wracking. They really nailed the look and feel of the original film too, proving that it is possible to make a great licenced game that will satisfy fans of the franchise and be a great game in it's own right (dunno why no developer is willing to try that with Bond anymore...).

I started a thread on it ages ago actually, if any of you fancy putting your thoughts on the game in there then here it is

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10061/alien-isolation

@YouHaveAnOddJob I think the first one was good for it's time but AC II (fantastic game, still my favourite game of all time) is where the franchise really gets good. It's a really great series (the only crap one imo is Unity, the most recent one, and I say that as someone who didn't even experience any of the bugs and glitches that were widely reported), I hope you enjoy them :)

I was at gamestop the other day and was looking at possibly buying it. But is it worth a buy if I never watched the films?
    @thelivingroyale, I'll be sure to post my thoughts there if I EVER get around to finally playing it. It's a long overdue backlog title of mine. It looks so scary and moody, I can't wait to dive into it.
  • I figure this thread has been quiet lately because everyone's been too busy playing PHANTOM PAIN!!! :P

11246696_10100752595355051_3556635670133679305_n.jpg?oh=120a2ba2dca2cdd67791faa05e2ca3ea&oe=566736EA
    @Master_Dahark, I wish! Once the fall hits, I'll bump this thread a lot with all the new games I plan on diving into: 'Fallout 4,' 'Just Cause 3,' 'Star Wars: Battlefront,' and the new 'Hitman.'
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Nope, never been a MGS fan. Too many cinematics (though I really liked the battle with 'The End' in MGS3. I have always preferred the stealth stylings of Mr Sam Fisher.

Lately, I have been playing...

Skyrim: Legendary Edition (PS3)

This is the kind of videogame special edition that suit me, all 3 DLC packs on the disc, to be manually installed. Well, where do I begin? Currently I have put away 25 hrs of gameplay, and felt like I have done so much this far. I have fought about 5 dragons, done 50 quests, earned a follower (Lydia), gotten married (Ysolda), bought a house (Breezehome), and travelled Skyrim.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Nope, never been a MGS fan. Too many cinematics (though I really liked the battle with 'The End' in MGS3. I have always preferred the stealth stylings of Mr Sam Fisher.

The Phantom Pain is closer to the Splinter Cell series than the previous games in the Metal Gear series. There haven't been as many cutscenes as there were before, either.

But remember, there'd be no Sam Fisher if there was no Metal Gear.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Space Engineers.
    This is a really fun build your own space ship/space station sandbox game. Full of freedom and customization. I've been playing it all week. I'm very tempted to build the Space Station from Moonraker.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 12,837
    Anyone else excited for AC Syndicate or the new Need For Speed? Both of those are at the top of my must buy list. Syndicate looks really great, London looks like the best open world yet, the vehicle additions look cool and I really like the multiple character dynamic and the gang stuff. Need For Speed also looks great, I never actually played Rivals so I don't know what the current state of the series is but this one looks amazing, the graphics are really good and the amount of customization options for the cars are insane.

Anyway I've been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, which sort of passed me by when it first game out. I'm loving it so far, it seems like the perfect blend of Chaos Theory (my favourite in the series, although this one might top it) and Conviction.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @thelivingroyale, I'll be sure to post my thoughts there if I EVER get around to finally playing it. It's a long overdue backlog title of mine. It looks so scary and moody, I can't wait to dive into it.

It is really good. Honestly as far as I'm concerned, the third and fourth films didn't happen and there's now an Alien trilogy: Alien, Aliens, and Alien Isolation.
    Skyrim: Legendary Edition (PS3)

This is the kind of videogame special edition that suit me, all 3 DLC packs on the disc, to be manually installed. Well, where do I begin? Currently I have put away 25 hrs of gameplay, and felt like I have done so much this far. I have fought about 5 dragons, done 50 quests, earned a follower (Lydia), gotten married (Ysolda), bought a house (Breezehome), and travelled Skyrim.

Skyrim is so much fun. I haven't played it for a while but it seems literally impossible to do everything, there are still loads of quests and storylines I didn't even touch. Fantastic game.
    been on an arkham orgins kick lately but having the hardest time with the Worst nightmare level 7 challange is there some kind of glitch because it seems simple enough "take on a predator challange doing no takedowns" so does it have to be a room (which means free roam areas like the police rooftop and Final Offer top" don't count) is that what I am doing wrong (which means I have to do it in I am the night challange mode specifically in the first room which is the Police head quarters) or am I doing something wrong any help would be appreciated.
    Skyrim is so much fun. I haven't played it for a while but it seems literally impossible to do everything, there are still loads of quests and storylines I didn't even touch. Fantastic game.

There is, isn't there? Earlier today, when I checked my save file, i've clocked up 36hrs and 2 mins of game play. This game truly is massive, there's so much land to explore, with so many cities and little settlements tucked out of the way to find.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @thelivingroyale, I was so pumped for AC Syndicate a while back when following its development, but since then I've waned in that excitement. Nothing they've shown has amazed me, especially the combat which looks way too fast and jumpy. The characters annoy me too and after what happened with Unity's release I am extremely hesitant to pick it up anywhere near its release. Fingers crossed Ubi haven't mucked it up again this time.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    been on an arkham orgins kick lately but having the hardest time with the Worst nightmare level 7 challange is there some kind of glitch because it seems simple enough "take on a predator challange doing no takedowns" so does it have to be a room (which means free roam areas like the police rooftop and Final Offer top" don't count) is that what I am doing wrong (which means I have to do it in I am the night challange mode specifically in the first room which is the Police head quarters) or am I doing something wrong any help would be appreciated.

The challenges for Origins are ridiculously annoying, @Risico, so much so that it's like they purposely never mention the challenges in any big way so that you'll miss all the predator rooms and become forced to play the game over again.

The reason that the level 7 challenge isn't working for you is because of what you said: you have to do those challenges in full-on, official predator rooms, i.e., closed off areas full of baddies with no escape. While the GCPD rooftop and Final Offer encounters should be considered predator encounters at least the first time you play them, for some reason they are not. This confusion led me to playing through both New Game Plus AND the Nightmare mode (where the game save and all your progress erases if you die once) just to complete all the challenges, which was a barrel load of fun, let me tell you. ~X(
    @thelivingroyale, I was so pumped for AC Syndicate a while back when following its development, but since then I've waned in that excitement. Nothing they've shown has amazed me, especially the combat which looks way too fast and jumpy. The characters annoy me too and after what happened with Unity's release I am extremely hesitant to pick it up anywhere near its release. Fingers crossed Ubi haven't mucked it up again this time.
    Risico007 wrote: »

The challenges for Origins are ridiculously annoying, @Risico, so much so that it's like they purposely never mention the challenges in any big way so that you'll miss all the predator rooms and become forced to play the game over again.

The reason that the level 7 challenge isn't working for you is because of what you said: you have to do those challenges in full-on, official predator rooms, i.e., closed off areas full of baddies with no escape. While the GCPD rooftop and Final Offer encounters should be considered predator encounters at least the first time you play them, for some reason they are not. This confusion led me to playing through both New Game Plus AND the Nightmare mode (where the game save and all your progress erases if you die once) just to complete all the challenges, which was a barrel load of fun, let me tell you. ~X(

Well I got level 7 tonight out in the open too how I don't know and after a year of trying I don't care lol moving on to level 8-10 tomorrow

On the one hand Arkham Origins has so much going for it but on the other hand like arkham knight (which I haven't played a lot of) is full of a few issues.

I still maintain gliding around Gotham in the Earth 2 Thomas Wayne Batsuit or the Batman 1 Million suit is more fun then one can imagine

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Any word on the technical issues with the PC version of Arkham Knight? I'd love to play the game but last I checked there are still major bugs and quirks and whatever.

Shrugs I believe a bug free version is due in the fall I am now up to challenge 8 in worst nightmare but I died and have to restart the I am the night mode (oh how I wish i knew about the dark knight challenges pre beating New game plus. However I am so close to unlocking the Static Shock batarang I can taste it lol. I will eventually get an Xbox one and Arkham Knight (perhaps for my birthday)... Right now new home owner and all resources are limited.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Last game I played was Destiny. I enjoy it but not enough to get The Taken King.
    I'm debating picking up 007: Bloodstone and the Splintercell trilogy HD on the PS3. I just need that spy/espionage fix that we don't seem to be getting anytime soon.