Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I love the Left 4 Dead games, but I'm waiting for the Cold Stream DLC to be released (and thank God I have them on PC - I don't have to pay for the DLC!) before I play the game again. Ever since I beat every campaign and got all of the simple achievements, I'm kinda bored with L4D2.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, now that the HD Collection is out, can anybody detail it for me? I'd like to know some details before I spend the eventual $50 to get it.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    ok I have been playing Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater from the HD Collection. The new and improved cut scenes are so fresh looking, the new frame rate is impressive along with the new sound.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    How's MGS2 looking on ps3?
    haven't got there yet, I am playing MGS3, then Peace Walker, followed by MGS 2. Kinda in the succession they come in years.
    Doing Metal Gears 1 and 2 as well?
    not at this time.
    I hope you enjoy Peace Walker. The story'll blow your mind.
    I have begun playing Peace Walker, just taking a short break. This game is already becoming a favorite of mine. Anytime you get to play as Big Boss, its a true pleasure.
    Remember this: Do the Extra Ops and other extra missions as well, they can help you get stuff.
    Gotcha your idea has helped me already. I couldn't get passed the Chrysalis flying machine with the weapons I had, so I had to earn extra money to buy updated stuff.
    Yes, the FIMs are practically an essential for that fight.
    Agent is there a way to hold more ammo than like 6 rockets? I am having a hard time defeating Peace Walker, with only 6 rockets a gun. Even with two rockets equip and a machine gun.
    Do you have the supply marker (either the deploy or throwing ones, doesn't matter). If you use the supply marker, you can call in for additional ammo. That's the only way to beat Peace Walker and any other Extra Ops bosses.
    yeah alright, thats what I am using now, Finally beat that stupid thing.
    What rocket launchers were you using? The LAW and a FIM are the best. The Carl Gustav isn't bad, but it's slow.
    was using all three launchers
    edited November 2011 Posts: 7,854
    You should always stick with the LAW and a FIM (X-FIM 92 if you've got it, FIM 43 if you don't) and keep an M60 or similar weapon for when the EM pulse comes up.

This is similar for when you're fighting vehicles. Use the rockets to damage the vehicles, use the M60 to take out the guards, and if you manage to take out the commander inside the vehicle, you get the vehicle (not sure if you knew this or not).
    edited November 2011 Posts: 784
    ok good info...quick question since this is my first time playing the game. How to I obtain more AI components for Metal Gear ZEKE? Do I have replay the boss battles like the Cacoon to grab more switchboards?>

I did get the Stealth Camo in MGS3, my first time ever playing with out being seen. I made sure to take my time while playing. And will do the same for Sons Of Liberty.
    Yep.

Stealth Camo in 2 requires dog tags.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 784
    I was reviewing the tapes from Dr. Strangelove and EVA about The Boss. Man that stuff is filled with so much useful information, it makes me feel that much worse for The Boss in the end. I wish there were games that feature her as the main character. Her story is so unique and it draws you into it. She may just be the best character in the series.

To me this is exactly why the MGS series is the very best in gaming. The shear amount of detail and research Hideo and his team bring to each game is astonishing.
    More details about RISING will apparently be announced on December 10.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well now we have MG5 announced, and I'm not referring to MGS: RISING. Here's hoping Snake doesn't return, no matter how great he is. MGS4 finished the character off beautifully for me.
    If you don't mean Rising (which wasn't MGS5 anyway, that honor belonged to Peace Walker), to what ARE you referring?

And yes, WW, there is so much detail in this series that you're practically overwhelmed by it your first time through. Talk to Huey about NORAD.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Metal Gear Solid 5 was announced in an interview with Hideo Kojima in the December 2011 issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine UK.

Here: http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2011/11/16/historic-issue-65-cover-features-hideo-kojima/
    Did you get that from Wikipedia, Sam? Because I recognise the wording ...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Did you get that from Wikipedia, Sam? Because I recognise the wording ...
    Yes, it's from there, word for word. I had no idea of Metal Gear Solid 5 either, until I typed it in Google!
    Wonder why he retracted his decision about Peace Walker being 5...
    If a new game is in the works, I hope it centers around the character The Boss. Lets really understand why she was the mother of Special Forces. WE could fight along side the Cobras during WW2.

If another Big Boss game is released that would also we awesome.

Solid Snake however, should not make a return, as he had a proper send off. The only way Solid Snake should return is if they make a quality release of MGS1. Hopefully nothing like that Twin Snakes crappy remake. If the proper remake of MGS1 should happen, everything should remain the same except the graphics. Do not change the voices or cutscenes as they did in Twin Snakes...what a terrible game that is.

Although I am really hoping for a game set in past with The Boss.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So there's going to be an MGS5??? Sweeet, although we probably won't get that until 2015.