James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I always loved the Special Edition/ VHS covers.
    postadsuk.com-1-full-set-of-james-bond-007-dvds-dvd-collection.JPG
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Yeah I saw a couple and I don't like the new covers at all. My favorite covers are the ones from the Ultimate Edition line, such as:

51EPC60F1JL.jpg

Most of them were pretty good. Those are the DVDs I own personally, then I have the Bond 50 set on Blu Ray.

Not big fan of it either. It's a bit too.....busy for my taste. Anyway, that's why I am a fan of steelbooks. They always have better cover art. The original poster or title art on it:

eQKutA.jpg
    0ZFH99.jpg
    BondBooksBarBig.jpeg

I agree with @Murdock, the SE covers are the best so far. Still they´re really poor in contrast to the cinematic posters. I´ll never understand why those aren´t used for dvds or brs.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I agree with @Murdock, the SE covers are the best so far. Still they´re really poor in contrast to the cinematic posters. I´ll never understand why those aren´t used for dvds or brs.

Look to the steelbook images above :-).
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Love those steelbooks! I had the Widescreen Collection on VHS and they used the poster art. Lovely.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Another vote for using the movie posters. I guess "proper" art has fallen out of favour and instead we get the badly photoshopped stuff.
    The new Steelbooks are fantastic.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767

The small ones are pretty good, but why can´t they just express the excitement the old posters had? The others are so so. Goldfinger is very good. Skyfall makes Bond look like a gay model, no offence meant @Gustav_Graves, but I prefer James Bond to be hetero.

The small ones are pretty good, but why can´t they just express the excitement the old posters had? The others are so so. Goldfinger is very good. Skyfall makes Bond look like a gay model, no offence meant @Gustav_Graves, but I prefer James Bond to be hetero.

I was referring to these that use the main title sequences as artistic inspiration. :)
    BondBooksBarBig.jpeg
    Yeah they´re pretty good. Very beautiful. But I miss the excitement.
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote: »

Love these too! They will always remind of Christmas 95', waking up as an 11 year old to the first batch that were released, DN-LALD. Great times. The VHS didn't have the borders that the DVD's had, they looked like those at the end of this ad.

@RC7, I can't find the one on my GoldenEye VHS, but I always remember seeing an alternate version of this commercial on it.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7, I can't find the one on my GoldenEye VHS, but I always remember seeing an alternate version of this commercial on it.

This was the commercial on the UK VHS'. Awesome.
    If only the bluray's had that commercial tucked in as a bonus, they would be complete. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Murdock, someone still needs to find that extra GE VHS copy and ship it to me! ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Murdock, someone still needs to find that extra GE VHS copy and ship it to me! ;)
    It might be a while, My garage is a mess. :))

RC7 wrote: »

Love these too! They will always remind of Christmas 95', waking up as an 11 year old to the first batch that were released, DN-LALD. Great times. The VHS didn't have the borders that the DVD's had, they looked like those at the end of this ad.

I think these were my favourites from the VHS-era. The videocassettes with these covers were the first ones I started collecting. And, this particular VHS-collection already had every Bond film in cinemascope/letterbox aspect ratio. I only bought three of those, because I was 10 years old then hehe. But my first ever Bond movie I bought, was TMWTGG from this collection:

vhs_bond-cover-german.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Do you remember these from the late eighties?

a12cfaa58f5408e8965cba73939bbdd8.jpg

I had a few of these mixed in with my VHS' that were taped off the television. They were the ones that my video shop stocked.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    RC7 wrote: »
    Do you remember these from the late eighties?

a12cfaa58f5408e8965cba73939bbdd8.jpg

I had a few of these mixed in with my VHS' that were taped off the television. They were the ones that my video shop stocked.

The drawing of Connery on the bottom right looks like Bruce Campbell.
    I've noticed on the new blu ray covers that Albert B is credited first.
    The new US versions look appalling. Photoshopping at its worst.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,630
    I tried to fix some of my least favorite covers.

Y3hs2sZ.jpg
    l1fMhM8.jpg
    XAGaRdH.jpg
    puShFcE.jpg
    Od7V70A.jpg
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada

Y3hs2sZ.jpg
    l1fMhM8.jpg
    XAGaRdH.jpg
    puShFcE.jpg
    Od7V70A.jpg

[/quote]

Those are already an improvement on the garbage covers MGM is offering. Who in the world at the head office thought those designs were a good idea?!?

Y3hs2sZ.jpg
    l1fMhM8.jpg
    XAGaRdH.jpg
    puShFcE.jpg
    Od7V70A.jpg

Can you fix them all? hehehe

Much better covers!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Kananga wrote: »
    Can you fix them all? hehehe

Much better covers!

Yes, um... about that.
    I do like some of these new covers!
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Is anyone picking up the new set this week? Since I already own the Bond 50 set I'll be skipping this one. Truth be told, I'm still a little curious to know about the new featurettes. How long are they? Are they well made and informative or merely fluff/promotional pieces? Also, is Everything or Nothing on blu-Ray or DVD?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm in quite the pickle right now. I need 6 Blu-rays to complete my Bond collection. I have been collecting films from this series of covers:
    5075_medium.jpg

So do I finish collecting the copies from that edition (to appeal to my desire for uniformity)? Or go with these new ones with horrible covers simply because they include digital copies (because I am also trying to build my digital Bond collection)?
    136381_medium.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'd go with the original covers, because I too like conformity.
    Wait...how come I haven;'t heard there's new BR edition covers...can someone post the original ones ?