SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    slyfox wrote: »
    Amazing trailer! I wonder how many times I've watched it already!

Looks like Bond's dressing gown has been ditched. It seems they definitely re-shot most /all the scenes in Bond's flat with Moneypenny, as the clapperboards suggested. You can see him in his shirt and holster now.

I never thought about that. I liked the robe.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    TripAces wrote: »
    slyfox wrote: »
    Amazing trailer! I wonder how many times I've watched it already!

Looks like Bond's dressing gown has been ditched. It seems they definitely re-shot most /all the scenes in Bond's flat with Moneypenny, as the clapperboards suggested. You can see him in his shirt and holster now.

I never thought about that. I liked the robe.

unless there is a cut somewhere we dont yet know about... like - when Moneypenny arrives to hand over his effects, he is in his normal attire.. but then maybe we cut to later, when he starts to examine the contents of what was in the package, he is in a robe..
    I've just realised I've not commented on the trailer at all yet. I saw it this morning just before I went to work. Of course it was amazing, but I would comment specifically on the following:

- It is very Fleming-esque. I feel that Spectre is probably the pinnacle of DC's evolution into Fleming's Bond, with SF being a big step towards that. But everything from the Bond/M relationship, to him in the flat, to the Moroccan train.

- I bloody love the return of Mr. White, and the connection with Swann.

- The brutality and sheer scale of the SPECTRE organisation. They have a real sinister edge, a feeling I never got with Quantum (wherever that fits in).

- Swann might shape up to be a classic. Seydoux is absolutely beautiful and despite her slightly dodgy accent, I think the character has really good grounding.

I will reserve my judgement about how good the film is going to be, but looks fantastic if the trailer is anything to go by!
    =bg= wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    =bg= wrote: »
    OK here's a spoiler maybe:

I am tired, but if it is a spoiler it completely escapes me.
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    If CW isn't Blofeld after this I don't know who is!

Some people won't believe he is Blofeld until they see a cat. And a scar. And a bald head.

No but more seriously, he is by far the most likely candidate. I have always been an advocate of the Jekyll & Hyde twist, now more than ever.

Looks like something that was previously blown up big-time, no?

PM me or explain in spoiler tag because whatever it is, I obviously don't see it.
    I'm one very happy bond fan. Cannon believe I cam on this forum over three years ago excited for skyfall. But wow. SPECTRE looks set to be craigs best outing and possible the best bond film in modern times. I like the tone of this much more than skyfall. This looks like an instant classic. from the opening scenes to everything else. its god the gadgets the lot.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    welcome back Mr. Bond :)

JTgzzV.png
    just a question, is that bond wearing the skull mask ?
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    welcome back Mr. Bond :)

JTgzzV.png
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    just a question, is that bond wearing the skull mask ?

@Gareth007fan It is
    I posted it in the Timeline thread, but I think it is better placed here:

Am I the only that has a big feel of Eyes Wide Shut watching the trailer? Also, I see how much Mendes is influenced by the stage. The way his actors move and are placed on the scene. Pure theatre. I have seen his King Lear, and there is a lot in the trailer reminiscent of it.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Just watched the trailer again, this time through YouTube on my big telly. Looks glorious and I really can't wait; so many nods to classic Bond........
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Delete
    AgentJM7 wrote: »
    I've just realised I've not commented on the trailer at all yet. I saw it this morning just before I went to work. Of course it was amazing, but I would comment specifically on the following:

- It is very Fleming-esque. I feel that Spectre is probably the pinnacle of DC's evolution into Fleming's Bond, with SF being a big step towards that. But everything from the Bond/M relationship, to him in the flat, to the Moroccan train.

- I bloody love the return of Mr. White, and the connection with Swann.

- The brutality and sheer scale of the SPECTRE organisation. They have a real sinister edge, a feeling I never got with Quantum (wherever that fits in).

- Swann might shape up to be a classic. Seydoux is absolutely beautiful and despite her slightly dodgy accent, I think the character has really good grounding.

I will reserve my judgement about how good the film is going to be, but looks fantastic if the trailer is anything to go by!

Sinister indeed:
    6X9DTO.jpg
    i2EV7o.jpg

I mean, one can electrocute a failed S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-member. Or throw him to the piranhas. But popping out a guy's eye with your thumb, then crushing his neck......I think it's one of the most horrific, cruel acts executed by a henchman.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I think this, previously very sceptical guy, has now officially been baptized "New Bond Fan" :-P. Reactions so far for the trailer have been astonishing:

And this girl, well, if I am a nerd, then she the god of nerds LOL:

I think this, previously very sceptical guy, has now officially been baptized "New Bond Fan" :-P. Reactions so far for the trailer have been astonishing:

the guy in the shadow is supposedly going to be blofeld.

And this girl, well, if I am a nerd, then she the god of nerds LOL:

I love the positive reaction of a non Bond fan.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,263
    A post I made in the rankings thread that may add some context to my commentary here.

I thought the trailer was outstanding overall. My initial reaction had my excitement peaked when Q introduced the DB10 in classic fashion, the OHMSS theme, the scene with Madeline Swann donning the white dinner jacket, and Waltz's chilling dialogue at the SPECTRE meeting. This picture is going to be fully loaded.

And then I watched it a few more times to pick up on some of the subtle details of the trailer. That got me to thinking about how the actual film will play out (and the post I made the other day in the rankings thread). The trailer shows equal parts serious and menacing as it does humor and flash. If they can pull off all 4 parts of that appropriately blended together, well done -- they have mastered the art of James Bond in film. Though, it certainly leaves some questions for how the whole thing will be pieced together. What will its identity be?

If anything those additional thoughts have me anticipating the release even more now.
    Yeah, what everyone has said. This will be Craig's TB, the big, bad mission and return to Classic Bond. And Craig looks great, btw, very youthful and fit. He looks younger than he did in SF.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1
    Is it possible the blond will play a role like Tracy in OHMSS and will die at the end of this film ? Just thought about it hearing the OHMSS music in the trailer.
    Incredible trailer! Great OHMSS musical homage, the white tuxedo, and by the looks of it a classic control room!! The look of it all is very impressive! :-bd
    I've limited myself to one viewing for now but damn this looks AWESOME. The rogue stuff I don't particularly care for, but I'm getting more of my "wants" than I expected (if the trailer is any indication). This looks big, epic, grand, with a lightness of touch and plenty of spectacle.

Hoping this is Craig's TB / YOLT.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't see the TB comparison personally. Looks like it's own film completely.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Any chance the OHMSS theme appears in the score itself?
    RC7 wrote: »

I agree. Because next to all its 'grandness', there's still a lot of emotional drama/depth. Something we saw in OHMSS and CR. So....at best you can describe it as the perfect "martini shaked not stirred". It has everything, but it also feels like a film on its own.

Just watched the trailer...wow. Tie in with Quantum and Spectre check, Aston with a few tricks check, Bond humor check. Outstanding trailer that I will watch many times. Can Spectre match Skyfall? Let the excitement build. Here we go.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 198
    I don't believe Bond will go rogue the entire mission. I think he went a bit rogue in Mexico ("overdue vacation") and persuades M about his findings and gets permission by M to further investigate his lead.

Maybe he will go rogue the entire mission, because he asks Q to make him disappear, but it could also mean he is protecting M against his superiors by keeping him unknown.

Just thinking out loud... Another theory based on the trailer :-).
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I've watched this trailer quite a few times now. Hearing the OHMSS theme is really sending a shiver down my spine. Literally.

Also in the scene where bond asks Q for help disappearing is that
    a DB5 and a DBS
    in the background?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    What can I say, spectacular trailer certainly gets the blood pumping and has the potential to be Craig's best entry yet.

The OHMSS theme is a nice nod there obviously just for the trailer as reworked version would be a bit far in the film. Hopefully Newman will be a bit less generic and realise he's scoring a Bond film and not any old spy film.

He can't not ramp up the JB theme and I'd expect it in some form in the PTS and scattered throughout the film, maybe full blown a few times and also some subtle arrangements. As well as give us something stirring and exciting.

I would agree with the many that are saying this is looking like Craig's most Bondian entry to date, using the classic elements and giving them a contemporary spin. Also Mr White returning is a stroke of genius. The film Looks haunting, tense and exciting with a good dose of humour, Waltz looks the business whoever he turns out to be, although those little nods to you know who, are either where this is going or one big misdirection.

I don't think you'll ever get a flippant he's just on a mission entry with Craig, the personal stakes are always going to play into it somehow. I'm inclined to think that they aren't going to jettison that take even with the next actor that steps into the role. The next person that accepts the challenge I can't imagine will be signing up to play Bond like previous entries where he just gets a mission and gets on with it. I think some of you want it but the character has moved on too much now from that but I guess we'll see.

Can't wait till November 2nd when I get to see it for the first time.
    RC7 wrote: »

SPECTRE meeting, shadowy organization, Bond becoming the lover of a girlfriend/wife of a villain, large scale plot, Italian and French Bond girls, a parade scene, etc. It is reminiscent of TB, to a degree. OHMSS too.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    In the shot with the plaque showcasing those who died in the service of their country, is that the ruins of MI6?