Where does Craig go after Bond?

in Actors Posts: 1,552
What direction will Daniel take after the 007 series? Where would Craig go after his Bond era?

Are there any roles, from books you've read or film/TV series/theatre productions that could be adapted that you think Craig would be perfect for?

I don't just mean film though, as Daniel has proven himself an accomplishment stage actor too..,

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Perhaps he'll be able to finish the Millennium trilogy if that opportunity arrives.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Rumors (and they're just that) have bounced around about him playing Steve McQueen.
    For ever. Doubt it will happen.

Personally I have no idea. Could go in all possible directions. He might try directing at some point. Form a production company with Rachel, as everybody seems to do these days and go from there.

He might do "team" movies, like Monuments Men was.

Theater, hopefully in England.

Another Bond before all this or between ;;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    He's difficult to predict. He had a spurt of several films before Skyfall, then nothing after that until SP, apart from stage work.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Only time will tell...
    "Ozzy Osbourne" retirement.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Shooting guns with Anthony Cumia.
    SNN0833A--682_1341200a.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If 'True Detective' is still ongoing in 5+ years time, why not Craig and Dalton as the lead detectives in a season of that?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That would really break the internet
    He won't be short of offers I don't think! He is too talented! I think he may do more Broadway stuff although I would love him to do a stage show here in the UK?
    Murdock wrote: »
    Perhaps he'll be able to finish the Millennium trilogy if that opportunity arrives.

Fingers crossed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He will have enough money to just retire and live the good life.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    He won't be signing on anyhow I imagine.
    He will have enough money to just retire and live the good life.

this.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I want to see the sequel re-make to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". DC was excellent in the first re-make.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    I want to see the sequel re-make to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". DC was excellent in the first re-make.

Completely agree!
    Win an Oscar hopefully.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »

Completely agree!

Same, I hope for a 2nd film between Spectre and Bond 25.
    Maybe a independant movie, and an oscar at the end...
    I am sure he will pick and choose his work like always which to be fair has worked for him so far.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    He won't be signing on anyhow I imagine.

He did.
  • Craig is currently listed on IMDB for one of the most bizarre-sounding projects I've heard of in a long time: a Jim Jarmusch-directed zombie comedy called The Dead Don't Die and also starring Selena Gomez, Adam Driver, Chloë Sevigny, Tilda Swinton, Bill Murray, and Steve Buscemi. Come again?
    Craig is currently listed on IMDB for one of the most bizarre-sounding projects I've heard of in a long time: a Jim Jarmusch-directed zombie comedy called The Dead Don't Die and also starring Selena Gomez, Adam Driver, Chloë Sevigny, Tilda Swinton, Bill Murray, and Steve Buscemi. Come again?

So far, I have not yet seen a good, solid source confirming DC's involvement.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What else has he done which has been a seccuess on the big screen? Not sure who would be interested in casting him when he has no boxoffice pedigree besides Bond films. Maybe some cameos where he is an unnamed agent, as a little wink wink reference.
  • RC7RC7
    What else has he done which has been a seccuess on the big screen? Not sure who would be interested in casting him when he has no boxoffice pedigree besides Bond films. Maybe some cameos where he is an unnamed agent, as a little wink wink reference.

Yeah, he’ll definitely do that.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

The last thing I think craig would want to do after bond is spoof the character he is too much of a serious actor to be doing that
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,548

This is the issue for every Bond actor. And it is a reason DC was so reluctant to sign on. I don't think any Bond actor (during his tenure) has had huge success outside the franchise. Connery's biggest hits came years after Bond. Interestingly, Brosnan had the most success outside Bond, as Dante's Peak and The Thomas Crown Affair did all right. Moore did nothing, except for Cannonball Run...and that was as part of a large ensemble and he basically played a spoof of himself.

Here are the biggest hits by Bond actors outside of Bond films (according to Box Office Mojo, using adjusted for inflation numbers):

1. The Cannonball Run $237m
    2. Dantes Peak $134m
    3. Thomas Crown Affair $124m
    4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo $119m*
    5. Cowboys and Aliens $115m

* I would argue that TGWTDT was the best non-Bond film by a Bond actor. And it may be the best performance, too. Sony screwed up by releasing it as a Christmas film. Whoops. Otherwise, DC and Rooney Mara would have done the other two films, with Fincher either directing or producing.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,157
    I think the so-called Bond curse is BS. They say playing Bond makes you disappear, but let's face the facts:

- Connery starred in several classics following his Bond career.
    - Lazenby did pretty much nothing else, but he was not an actor to begin with and only played Bond once (in a movie which was regarded a classic Bond flick only several years after it was released).
    - Moore played the role until he was 57, there's no wonder his career pretty much ended after that.
    - Dalton has starred in several TV shows such as Chuck and Penny Dreadful in prominent roles.
    - Brosnan is still making lots of films, and even though he does not star in classic movies his fans love him (recently on Reddit I saw people claiming they're going to watch his new movie, the one with Bautista in it, only because it stars Brosnan despite looking a garbage film)
    - We'll see what Craig wants to do after Bond 25, but he surely will take part in any roles he's interested in.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Given that DC is married to a high profile actress, and they will have a small child to care for after Bond is done and dusted, can the so-called "Bond Curse" be applied in the same way to him as the past Bond's?

Presumably, his priorities will be very different, and they would need to balance their schedules for the child's sake.