SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    3 AM Eastern? I'll more than likely just wait until I'm awake for this one.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    It will be 9 am here. Right when I wake up
    8am tomorrow morning is great cant wait!!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    keep-calm-and-wait-for-bond-james-bond.png

Okay let's remember we're Bond fans. We have a certain class other fan bases only dream off.
    tumblr_nhs62jgLqC1s87pvxo1_1280.jpg

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yesssssssss, all manner of craziness some good some bad is going to be unleashed tomorrow. I cannot wait to see to be thrilled by this new trailer.
    I'm just outside Boston (EST) and this is the first time I actually won't mind if my 8-month-old son wakes me up at 3 AM!!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    My only hope is that we get to see some fresh footage. I don't want to see the same scenes from the teaser a third time.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's 3am for me. Can't wait!
    :D
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    My only hope is that we get to see some fresh footage. I don't want to see the same scenes from the teaser a third time.

That would be a massive letdown.
  • RC7RC7

It would take some skill and immense amount of ignorance to run a trailer featuring only and exactly the same scenes glimpsed in the teaser and nothing more. Of course there will be fresh footage.
    Sark wrote: »

Could you imagine!

'...Something you can't tell anyone...'

'You're a kite...'

'...and finally here we are!'

I've seen these so many times, probably at least 4 times a day since March. I don't want to have to wade through previously seen footage to get to the new material, EON! PLEASE, NO.

Given how much time they have had to put this thing together, it had better deliver or I'm gonna go nuts!
    8-}
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Mendes4Lyfe just for you the trailer will feature footage from DAD: the para-surfing , yo mama scene and the introduction of the invisible car. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Sark wrote: »

Could you imagine!

'...Something you can't tell anyone...'

'You're a kite...'

'...and finally here we are!'

I've seen these so many times, probably at least 4 times a day since March. I don't want to have to wade through previously seen footage to get to the new material, EON! PLEASE, NO.

Given how much time they have had to put this thing together, it had better deliver or I'm gonna go nuts!
    8-}

It's incredibly unlikely. The trailer will likely allude more to the plot of the film, with dialogue and action we haven't seen yet. I expect to see Seydoux, possibly Sigman and I'm really hoping we get a great line from Waltz. I'm just excited to see it, I've seen nothing during production to suggest they won't deliver a brilliant 2:30, I don't know what you're worried about.
    I definitely want to see some hand to hand combat. I'm hoping to get visceral beat downs.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I definitely want to see some hand to hand combat. I'm hoping to get visceral beat downs.

I do want to see something more akin to CR, but actually I'd really like to see, for once, some interesting gun-play.
    Hmm, I'm working from 7 tomorrow - have to pop out at my break at 12 and watch :D
    RC7 wrote: »

I do want to see something more akin to CR, but actually I'd really like to see, for once, some interesting gun-play.

That would be nice. The last time I saw interesting gunplay in a Hollywood movie was John Wick.
    Quick reminder of this reaction from CineEurope
    ...still as secretive and as intriguing as the teaser. One thing that caught the eye was the relatively low amount of action compared to, for instance, the Mission Impossible trailer

I'm expecting something that is very close to the darker tone set by the March teaser, with the focus on building up the threat of SPECTRE with a few peeks at the action set pieces. Key word in that reaction is "relatively". Hoping this isn't just a play by play of the film like Skyfall....

Akin to CR? No thanks. I'd prefer something new and fresh. If the Bond series stands still for too long, it gets cramp. See DAD.

Akin to CR? No thanks. I'd prefer something new and fresh. If the Bond series stands still for too long, it gets cramp. See DAD.

CR had some of the best and credible fight scenes in the series. If by new and fresh you're expecting Bond to start doing kung-fu then forget it. With Olivier Schneider choreographing the fights and given the fact that he's a spy/assasin and for the sake of entertainment Bond needs to demonstrate fighting techniques akin to silat and krav maga. All that bullshit put your dukes up, potato and veg fighting needs to never ever show up in a Bond movie ever again.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512

That would be nice. The last time I saw interesting gunplay in a Hollywood movie was John Wick.

Mate, you read my mind. I was going to post a clip of it.

Stop trolling @Mendes4Lyfe.
    FYI don't expect the new trailer to play in theatres this weekend. Looks like they're waiting till next week's Mission Impossible to send it.
    http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_30_US.pdf

I think this movie was a tiny re-birth of actor Keanu Reeves. I loved him in that film. I loved the dark comic book-style cinematography. But especially Keanu was back at his best. If you think "Licence To Kill" was a revenge-film for pussies, then watch "John Wick". "John Wick 2" is already announced, though I'm not sure if I should be happy with that at this stage.

Anyway, tomorrow the new trailer :-D! I'm overjoyed!! To celebrate this fact, I'm listening to this song by Grace Jones. She also happens to be one of the most visually striking Bond-girls ever ;-):
    edited July 2015 Posts: 7,969

I know it's hard for the film makers at this point, but I think its still possible to make a Bond where comparisons aren't made to the rest of the canon, but only if they persue diligently new opportunities. I know people like CR so they want the next film to be like that, or whatever other Bond film, but I don't want a film even like my favourite in any aspect. I hope there is a decent amount of originality in the trailer and not just touchstones for fans to point and say 'look, like lald!' Or CR or OHMSS or whatever. I meant what I said. Alot can be learned from DAD is an instance where Bond was stubborn and refused to change with the times. I think there is always a danger of something similar occuring.
    At first I thought this was another twisted wind up but this has cheered me up my countdown timer has been set not ashamed to say I am as a giddy as a schoolboy !!!!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Can't wait. :D
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    It means that the full theatrical trailer for "SPECTRE" will be released exactly one week earlier (9 days earlier) as compared to the release of the full "Skyfall"-trailer (31.07.2012) :-D! Damn, we Bond fans are spoiled brats :-P.

I really think though Sony/MGM wanted to have last week dedicated to the promo of the upcoming James Bond steelbook release. Also if you look on IMDB there's some heavy promo featured for Sony's "Pixels". So I'm pretty certain it was planned all the time to release the full "SPECTRE"-trailer on July 22nd 2015. And as an extra, we'll get a 5th videoblog too. Yeah baby ;-).
    10 am for Greece. A nice morning watch to lead my way to the sea :D
  • RC7RC7

I know it's hard for the film makers at this point, but I think its still possible to make a Bond where comparisons aren't made to the rest of the canon, but only if they persue diligently new opportunities. I know people like CR so they want the next film to be like that, or whatever other Bond film, but I don't want a film even like my favourite in any aspect. I hope there is a decent amount of originality in the trailer and not just touchstones for fans to point and say 'look, like lald!' Or CR or OHMSS or whatever. I meant what I said. Alot can be learned from DAD is an instance where Bond was stubborn and refused to change with the times. I think there is always a danger of something similar occuring.

Believe me, I've been saying this more a long time. I've no interest in homages and nods to other films, I'm all for progression and creating new icons. I was hounded for criticising the DB5 in SF, but I stand by the fact I believe it was an awful decision. When I said I'd like to see some fisticuffs more akin to CR, I meant of the DC era that is the film that delivers that aspect well. I don't know enough about fighting to breakdown the minutiae of exactly what I'd want from SP in this regard. Unlike the screenplay or direction, which I'll happily dissect.