World Premiere in London on October 26th (+UK/RoI Release)

edited July 2015 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 1,552
ALBERT R. BROCCOLI’S EON PRODUCTIONS, METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS,
AND SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT
ANNOUNCE WORLD PREMIERE AND UK RELEASE DATE FOR “SPECTRE”: MONDAY, 26 OCTOBER
LONDON, July 17, 2015 - Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment are delighted to announce that the World Premiere for SPECTRE will take place in London on Monday, October 26, 2015.

For the first time ever, the film will open on the same night at cinemas across the UK and Ireland, giving audiences the opportunity to be the first in the world to see the hugely-anticipated 24th film in the James Bond franchise.

Following the World Premiere and release in the UK and Ireland, SPECTRE will begin its rollout in territories around the world. The film will release in the US on November 6, 2015.

No news on venue, but Odeon Leicester Square, the Empire IMAX and the Royal Albert Hall are all strong contenders.

Anyone fancy a meetup if possible?

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Sure, count me in. :)
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,552
    tumblr_nrn5vmvUnG1rv0z1no1_r1_1280.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    JCRendle wrote:
    ALBERT R. BROCCOLI’S EON PRODUCTIONS, METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS,
    AND SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT
    ANNOUNCE WORLD PREMIERE AND UK RELEASE DATE FOR “SPECTRE”: MONDAY, 26 OCTOBER
    LONDON, July 17, 2015 - Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment are delighted to announce that the World Premiere for SPECTRE will take place in London on Monday, October 26, 2015.

For the first time ever, the film will open on the same night at cinemas across the UK and Ireland, giving audiences the opportunity to be the first in the world to see the hugely-anticipated 24th film in the James Bond franchise.

Following the World Premiere and release in the UK and Ireland, SPECTRE will begin its rollout in territories around the world. The film will release in the US on November 6, 2015.

No news on venue, but Odeon Leicester Square, the Empire IMAX and the Royal Albert Hall are all strong contenders.

Anyone fancy a meetup if possible?

Oh, dang! I don't live there, so I can't. Lucky guys! Have fun.
    So the film will premier across the UK..(fair enough) and Ireland... (why? when will the powers-that-be accept that Ireland is a foreign country?)

As bad as the BBC who always feature the Irish football team when discussing the home nations
    >:P
  • Eh, eh, opening on a Monday, it will give box office experts many possibilities to twist the data they want to to "analyze" the result. Expect early claims SPECTRE will be the biggest Monday evening ever at the UK box office :)

I'll spend the day after in London to see the movie 2 or 3 times I think...
    Checking the EuroStar. Well, only 6 seat left for the one which arrives at 9am !

Actually RAH would make a lot of sense so the Leicester Sq cinemas are freed up for the first public showings that evening....

Also isn't there some sort of rule that you can't have multiple cinemas on Leicester Sq showing the same film? Would be awesome to catch it at the Empire IMAX, given the film is merely "formatted for IMAX" like Skyfall, the Empire is the perfect venue, but they'll let Odeon have it because tradition and whatnot...
    BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my week off work!!! <:-P
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thanks for the heads up @JCRendle but we already have a thread discussing this...
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11084/spectre-uk-release-date#latest

Please continue in there.
This discussion has been closed.