What James Bond film do you feel like watching?

Comments

• I really want to watch Live and Let Die right now. I just watched Disney's Princess and the Frog and I can't look at the villain in that without thinking of Baron Samedi. XD
    Been on a Bond drought. I haven't watched any Bond film since July. But I'm itching for some 007. I'm thinking about GE: probably the longest of all the 22 that I haven't seen in a while.

Do any of you guys sort discipline yourself to keep healthy gaps between Bond viewings? I fear growing tired of some of my most beloved of Bond films like OHMSS or FRWL. I'll only watch those once a year max, but I do make an event out of it.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Been on a Bond drought. I haven't watched any Bond film since July. But I'm itching for some 007. I'm thinking about GE: probably the longest of all the 22 that I haven't seen in a while.

Do any of you guys sort discipline yourself to keep healthy gaps between Bond viewings? I fear growing tired of some of my most beloved of Bond films like OHMSS or FRWL. I'll only watch those once a year max, but I do make an event out of it.
    It depends. I usually find myself getting in a mood for a particular film and watch that one over and over again and then stay away from it for a while. After CR was released, I found myself watching OHMSS over and over again. I stayed away from it then for a while then returned to it at its 40th anniversary and found myself drawn to watching both it and TMWTGG quite a bit. I stayed away from MR for a while but watched it twice with different friends last year.

I really want to watch Live and Let Die right now. I just watched Disney's Princess and the Frog and I can't look at the villain in that without thinking of Baron Samedi. XD

I never saw that Disney flick but my immediate reaction to the trailers was "this is a combination of Beauty and the Beast and LALD".
    DAD of course. I just long to see Halle Berry's bad acting, the invisible car, and the wind surfing scene---ONLY KIDDING.
    Seriously: OCTOPUSSY. I always had a soft spot for that Roger Moore romp. I really liked the bad guys. And seeing Bond kill them at the end made my day. :)
  • Last Bond movie I saw was The World Is Not Enough about three weeks ago, I don't really feel the need to see another anytime soon

But, and for the purpose of this thread, if I had to choose right now, I maybe would go for Goldfinger, I know it's a snorefest and mundane at best, but I haven't seen it in quite some time and it did have some exciting parts to keep one interested, although by the time they arrive in Kentucky I may be into snooze mode I-)
    What James Bond film do I feel like watching?

One that hasn't been released on Blu-ray yet!
  • LTK - will be on tonight after I've downloaded from itunes for my ipad.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've been in the mood for GoldenEye lately, probably because of the game GoldenEye: Reloaded, and it's also in my top three favorite Bond films. I've also been wanting to watch MoonRaker because it's been awhile since I've watched it.

I've actually made a tradition for myself, with Bond. During the week of Thanksgiving, second to last week of November, I made that a James Bond week. It's where I spend my days, of that week, doing Bond things; such as watching a Bond movie, reading a Bond book, playing a Bond game, buying something Bond, etc. When I first tried to start this tradition I made it the whole month of November but was quickly in danger of getting burn out on Bond, so I just made it a week instead.
    Anyway, my point being, I'm trying to hold off watching any of the movies until that week. :-D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Any of them. The wait until Skyfall is getting to me recently.
    After watching YOLT yesterday, I'm in the mood for the next one in the Blofeld trilogy, i.e., OHMSS of course.
    <i>Goldfinger</i>. After watching YOLT again last night, I want to watch another one
    where Red China is backing the villain.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 5,745
    YOLT / THUNDERBALL / QUANTUM OF SOLACE

And I'm always in the mood for FRWL, especially in the mood to play the game. Only, wheres my outdated psp gone?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @JWESTBROOK

Ditto on the FRWL comment. Classics never get tired. Just watched QoS again. Still enjoy it.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i have been breaking my little nieces (ages 7 and 5) and nephew (age 5) into Bond...

so far, I've got them to sit down and watch Dr. No, From Russia With Love and Live And Let Die with me... so far they seem to love them - though, they are kids, so their attention span isn't quite there yet lol - but when one is over, they always want to watch another :D .. i would feel like a proud dad, if they were my kids... so... I am a very proud uncle.... the oldest niece, not only have I got her to want to watch James Bond movies with me - but I also got her to like the The Beatles, and when she heard "Live And Let Die" - she asked it was The Beatles...... go me :-D lol

anyways.... I've really been wanting to watch <b>You Only Live Twice</b> - sadly, I have no freakin' clue where it has gone to... i have the case, but am missing the DVD :(

i may go with Licence To Kill - it's been a while since I have indulged myself with a Dalton Bond flick.
    I wanna watch The Living Daylights. Or at least the scene where Bond and Necros fight on the cargo net...
    Can I say Skyfall?
    Zekidk wrote:

Welcome to my world....
  • I haven't really watched the movies lately. I've been watching the "Inside..." documentaries narrated by Patrick MacNee all the way from Dr. No to Licence To Kill. Very informative I must say and Patrick is a brilliant narrator good fit for the Bond series. Just disappointed he didn't do it for A View To A Kill. Would've been good
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Just disappointed he didn't do it for A View To A Kill. Would've been good

It's because he's interviewed in the documentary. It is a shame though, yes. I wish they'd put something like that together for the most recent films. What we have is great but having it in one long go would have been better.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    @neilliofifer and @samuel001

it is a right shame. I wonder why that was?

• I watched OHMSS on Saturday night.

I think I may do Moonraker tonight. It's probably the film I remember the least. I don't hate it either from what I remember.

Perhaps I'll follow it up with TMWTGG or LALD.
    Zekidk wrote:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Hasn't been released on Blu-ray yet and it is a great movie for the Holiday Season.

About to watch QoS.

So entertaining for a movie to be playing in the background. You look up and are guaranteed a good time ;)
    Probably something Connery-ish, like Dr. No, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, or Diamonds Are Forever. I've just watched FRWL the other day, and I don't want to bore myself to death with GF.
  • Moonraker or A View To A Kill.

I have had a strange obsession with bridges since the Golden Gate Bridge sequence. I mean each time I fly over say Forth Road Bridge in Edinburgh what comes into my head is the fight music.

Anyone else have similar kind of visions etc. Or from other bond locations?

00Beast wrote:
    Probably something Connery-ish, like Dr. No, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, or Diamonds Are Forever. I've just watched FRWL the other day, and I don't want to bore myself to death with GF.

I say go with TB or YOLT or both.

Moonraker or A View To A Kill.

I say definitely go with MR.

In a parallel universe I'd love to watch Dalton's 3rd Bond movie right now ie Property of a Lady.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    In a parallel universe I'd love to watch Dalton's 3rd Bond movie right now ie Property of a Lady.

Sounds good. I'd like to as well:

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Okay people, brace yourselves- I FEEL LIKE WATCHING DIE ANOTHER DAY.

SERIOUSLY.

STILL SERIOUS.

Okay, I MIGHT watch it.
  • Always want to revisit OHMSS....love it.

CR is great.

Guilty pleasure is Moonraker...always makes me smile.