SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

Can someone confirm this?:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/board/thread/245679319

Apparently someone on the IMDB-forums said that the full theatrical trailer will be released on August 14th...with another Vblog about stunts to be released one day later, August 15th. Before that, we will have another Vblog on July 15th about Bond girls Monica Belluci, Léa Seydoux, Naomie Harris & Stephanie Sigman.

The person on the IMDB-forum got the news from Club James Bond France.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Can someone confirm this?:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/board/thread/245679319

Apparently someone on the IMDB-forums said that the full theatrical trailer will be released on August 14th...with another Vblog about stunts to be released one day later, August 15th. Before that, we will have another Vblog on July 15th about Bond girls Monica Belluci, Léa Seydoux, Naomie Harris & Stephanie Sigman.

The person on the IMDB-forum got the news from Club James Bond France.

The August 14 date is only there because it's what http://projectionist.com think is when it will debut in theatres - that's when The Man from UNCLE comes out. That's not part of the video blog schedule that Club James Bond France posted and has been correct so far.

What we know is that an unfinished version screened at CineEurope and that as of Monday the trailer is fully ready (as per the guy at AJB007 who first correctly said that the teaser will have zero action scenes and that it's very atmospheric). I've heard some stuff myself too that corroborate with these reports too, so this hopefully will land mid-July.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @antovolk
    @Gustav_Graves
    I've heard from my friend at Sony Pictures that they're not sure when to release it. The problem is that they don't know with which movie to put the trailer with.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That sounds like a silly problem to have.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @antovolk
    @Gustav_Graves
    I've heard from my friend at Sony Pictures that they're not sure when to release it. The problem is that they don't know with which movie to put the trailer with.

It's very simple really: It MUST be attached to the premiere of "Mission: Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation" later this month, July 31st. And to finish distributing the full theatrical trailer of "SPECTRE", Sony needs to have the full trailer ready at least 7 days before, July 24th. But I guess it's even earlier than that, July 17th.

This is how I would think if I was a promotion supervisor vs. marketeers at Sony.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @antovolk
    @Gustav_Graves

It's very simple really: It MUST be attached to the premiere of "Mission: Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation" later this month, July 31st. And to finish distributing the full theatrical trailer of "SPECTRE", Sony needs to have the full trailer ready at least 7 days before, July 24th. But I guess it's even earlier than that, July 17th.

This is how I would think if I was a promotion supervisor vs. marketeers at Sony.

Nah, not that simple, because MI5 is the latest that they can have it out - I can imagine them wanting for it to be released earlier than Skyfall's trailer, to do that they have it with Ant-Man from the 17th as that's the next big July release. Also they don't want to seem weak compared to the competition like Hunger Games, who have announced at CineEurope that their full trailer will be released at the end of July with Mission Impossible, and their teaser trailer only came out with Jurassic World, a full 2 months after SPECTRE's teaser trailer. On the other hand, Ant-Man's success is unknown, hard to predict whether it will be another GOTG or not and Mi5 is a safer bet and Is sure to improve on Ghost Protocol. So I absolutely do see and understand the issue that @aaron819 is talking about. Very awkward spot.

At least it's fully ready to go, the question is when. I say go for Ant-Man, they can always try and request placement on the list for Mission Impossible too, not like that hasn't been done before. The earlier the better, it's been about time since June to drop this if you ask me. Hell, a surprise SDCC debut would've been perfect. They can still you know say drop it next week and wait until MI5 to play it in theatres, that was done before (eg Hunger Games 2, debuted mid April online and only began showing with Iron Man 3 in May)
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers is saying this:
    --> SPECTRE full theatrical trailer no#1: August 14th 2015 (attached to "The Man From UNCLE"?)
    --> SPECTRE full theatrical trailer no#2: September 4thth 2015 (attached to "Transporter Refueled"?)

This website also correctly predicted the premiere of the 1st teaser trailer to be March. So I guess we have to wait at least 5 more weeks.
    They are waiting too long, they should have it with MI5 at the latest
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    They are waiting too long, they should have it with MI5 at the latest

It is "projected", but I agree. The first full theatrical trailer should, from a promotional/marketing perspective, premiere with "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation", July 31st. And then the 2nd full trailer at the projected September 4th date.

Still, do not underestimate the power of the videoblogs. They sure create buzz as well.
    Do not over estimate the power of the video blogs, particularly with Craig, Lea, Waltz and Batista (their most marketable assets) all but MIA in them. Mostly only serious fans see them anyway, a tiny % of the trailer and general audience. They are mostly irrelevant, particularly as they seem to be mostly selling Mendes. The competition is running rings of buzz around them, and they are going to do nothing for 6 weeks in this killer market? Really.

The teaser is already dead, and there just seems to be a total void re promo and SP news other than the press drum beat about replacing Craig, hardly positive PR. It just makes no sense to not attach it to Ant Man or most logically MI5 which is where it belongs. They control what appears in the trailer, so the idea that they don't want to "spoil" the film is nonsense. They have a ton of action and exotic location footage, even outtakes they could use to like maybe remind the general audience that this is not a John La Carre drama which usually make about 10m WW. And wouldn't it be nice to see more than a 1 second shot of Lea instead of minutes of MP for a change. When are they going to show her? She is the main bond girl. This just makes no sense to me.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 2,115
    The last videoblog (June 15) got swamped a day or so later by "who is replacing Craig?" stories after the U.K. bookies changed their odds. It was really weird.

11 seconds is hardly minutes of mp footage, @smitty.
    OK. OK. But it was 11 seconds out of what 60+ seconds or so in both the teaser and also the TV teaser and they also keep using Harris for promo events. And we got exactly a second, non talking, of Lea. That's nuts. MP is not the main Bond girl. Lea is. At least we got a tiny bit of Monica. My family is away for 2 weeks in NC while I'm stuck working next week, alone in the house and I'm in a bad mood so I better stop posting, because I know I'm getting very cranky.
    They have a 300 mill baby to sell. They have done it for ages, they know the market.
    For once, I decide just to trust, they know, what they are doing. I don't think, they are fooling around with this. If they start beating their drum closer to the main event, when a lot of all the competition is done and dusted, doesn't seem to be so stupid to me.

I agree though, the blogs are not much to watch. They are keeping the whole thing VERY close to their chest. But have patience - they will let the cat out of the bag, when THEY thhink, the time is right.
    Yeah, I guess you are right. They've done this many times, and should know what they are doing by now. But I just wish there was something, anything new and positive for the press to run with, to dampen all these endless Bond replacement stories and to give us something interesting to post about instead of just speculating on tea leaves.
    It will happen, smitty and once, they hit the fan, we will have all the - hopefully -. positive buzz the film needs and hopefully - after - the film is out, people will want DC to stay, because they see just how good he is.
    http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers is saying this:
    --> SPECTRE full theatrical trailer no#1: August 14th 2015 (attached to "The Man From UNCLE"?)
    --> SPECTRE full theatrical trailer no#2: September 4thth 2015 (attached to "Transporter Refueled"?)

This website also correctly predicted the premiere of the 1st teaser trailer to be March. So I guess we have to wait at least 5 more weeks.

Ah but you forget that they took the March teaser info from our very own Marketto....who was the first to break the news it would be in March. The theatrical trailer date is just a guess from them.

Another reason they should go with Ant-Man instead of Mission Impossible - is what @smitty said about the competition - SPECTRE has a bloody good start compared to everyone with the teaser trailer in late March/with Furious 7, now at this rate the new Hunger Games will have their teaser AND theatrical trailer out before SP brings their theatrical out. It's about damn time, seriously.
    Still another reason they need to get a trailer out sooner is that comparing the timing of trailers of SF with SP forgets the huge PR goldmine that SF had on 7/27/12 when the Queen appeared with Craig in that massive PR coup of a video in front of billions of TV viewers at the beginning of the British Olympics. Not only does SP have virtually nothing like that to create buzz, it also has a vastly more competitive year than SF had. They need to get a trailer out there, and soon, and hopefully not another one of Mendes' atmospheric talky dramas filled with pretty pictures. SP is still a PR void 3 months out with films opening after it, moving ahead of it in their promotion efforts. Mendes already nearly tanked this film before it started over the script mess. He was asleep at the wheel on that critical process. I hope he isn't calling the shots on the trailer timing and content.
    smitty wrote: »
    Still another reason they need to get a trailer out sooner is that comparing the timing of trailers of SF with SP forgets the huge PR goldmine that SF had on 7/27/12 when the Queen appeared with Craig in that massive PR coup of a video in front of billions of TV viewers at the beginning of the British Olympics. Not only does SP have virtually nothing like that to create buzz, it also has a vastly more competitive year than SF had. They need to get a trailer out there, and soon, and hopefully not another one of Mendes' atmospheric talky dramas filled with pretty pictures. SP is still a PR void 3 months out with films opening after it, moving ahead of it in their promotion efforts. Mendes already nearly tanked this film before it started over the script mess. He was asleep at the wheel on that critical process. I hope he isn't calling the shots on the trailer timing and content.

If CineEurope reactions are to go by - it will be more atmospheric like the teaser, with relatively little action - but that doesn't mean it can't be effective. Believe it or not I loved how Bond stood apart from other blockbusters by having its teaser trailer like that, and I'm glad they're keeping a similar tone for the theatrical trailer. And I believe the creative team of the film is more heavily involved with the trailer itself, like what Warner Bros/Zack Snyder have done with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, instead of tendering it off to multiple agencies and seeing who can do it better, and if I'm honest with you I'm glad for it.
    Bond fans like us like the moody, atmospheric stuff, but I fear the general audience wants red meat to motivate them to fill those seats.
    Bond fans like us like the moody, atmospheric stuff, but I fear the general audience wants red meat to motivate them to fill those seats.

Then again the general audience is growing tired of every blockbuster trailer all being the same action action action action - especially with all the Marvel/DC movies being choke-full of action starting from their very first teasers - that the logical choice for Bond which is playing in that field is to differentiate, not to bring more of the same. I thought the teaser did that brilliantly and a lot of the reactions have seen very very positive on now refreshing and intriguing it was. There will obviously be action in the new trailer, but it won't be the focus of the trailer.
    Really, I want this to succeed probably more then you just for DC's sake, but relax.
    Its gonna be ok. They will play their drums until the last person knows, there is a new Bond film coming.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Lol hopefully the new trailer
    Germanlady wrote: »
    hopefully - after - the film is out, people will want DC to stay, because they see just how good he is.

He already proved that back in 2006 and has been consistently excellent in the role. The people that need to prove themselves are the writers and Mendes. The writers for obvious and fundamental reasons but even moreso because of the fiasco with the script and Mendes because he doesn't have the added weight of a milestone anniversary or the global platform of the olympics to give him that boost in a year that sees a number of spy movies and blockbuster movies 3 of which have crossed a billion dollars.

Ah you beat me to it. Precisely everything you said I agree with.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    edit

Dunno why everyone's so paranoid about it. Films make big money based on word of mouth. See QOS as opposed to CR and SF
  • RC7RC7
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Dunno why everyone's so paranoid about it. Films make big money based on word of mouth. See QOS as opposed to CR and SF

I tend to agree. They have to market the film because when it does well they can all sit around and flagellate each other in the knowledge they made it a hit. When in reality the audience make it a hit and Bond is hardly a unknown entity. Come October everyone on the planet will know there's a Bond film out. If it's a belter, people will know and they'll go and see it.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Not necessarily ...if the trailer is effective they won't even notice. If the action looks redundant they will. MI5 looks blah nothing new ..but the action for SP could look that way too. Bonds ace in the hole is the superior acting and photography...

Read the yahoo comments on the trailer and TV spot. Sure not scientific and biased to YouTube audience but still can get some idea.
    RC7 wrote: »

I tend to agree. They have to market the film because when it does well they can all sit around and flagellate each other in the knowledge they made it a hit. When in reality the audience make it a hit and Bond is hardly a unknown entity. Come October everyone on the planet will know there's a Bond film out. If it's a belter, people will know and they'll go and see it.

This.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    For the record my predictive text made 'fellate', 'flagellate'. I meant the former, but perhaps they'll engage in both simultaneously.

A lot of the marketing is to get people.on opening weekend - the world of mouth is what gives a film good legs - the BO each week not dropping by much.