Will Bond ever get hitched again?

"AAnd I think to myslef..... what a wunderful world"

Ths was what was going through George Lazaenbeys mind when he was driving away with Tracey in One her Majesty Secret Service. We all know what hapened next ("boom" "boom").

The questions is do you think there will ever be another "the one" for Bond like Tracey. Can you see Daniel Craigs bond getting hitched in Spectre or maybe later?

Comments

No.
    Okay, why not?
    I don't think so either. Unless they decide to remake OHMSS or bring back Tracy as a character.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    They wouldn't remake any film, but as the Craig era is a sort of re-boot, introducing Moneypenny as a brand new character (for example), I guess they can have Craig's Bond marry someone who isn't Tracey. It's doubtful though because Bond has to remain a bachelor, so any wife would need to die.
    And that's going over old ground (I mean Vesper, rather than Tracey).
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well, no, as he's been badly burned before. Now with the reboot who knows? Especially if they film a SPECTRE/Blofeld Trilogy.
  • RC7RC7
    NicNac wrote: »
    And that's going over old ground (I mean Vesper, rather than Tracey).

I have to agree. I do wonder if they will do it, but I guess it depends on what happens with SP and if DC is sticking around. I can't see it happening in SP, it just wouldn't work for me. I do feel like the Vesper story is the perfect modern day equivalent of the Tracy arc. I know some purists decry the change to the ending, but it works for me and does what it does as effectively as it can in the circumstances. It's the most emotional ending to a Bond, for me. Trumping OHMSS.

The other reason I'd be against it is because I always feel like these seemingly innocuous narrative decisions, if not policed properly, serve to set a precedent. I don't want Bond meeting a Tracy or Vesper once or twice an era, if only because there are plenty more stories to tell, but I feel like if they do squeeze in another within the DC tenure, they're basically saying to future directors that it's fair game. There are plenty more facets of the Bond psyche to be explored, without it having to involve 'love'.
    I think it is highly unlikely this will happen. But "Never Say Never Again" ;)
    No! Why? Been there done that. Both of Bond's love died. Bond can hardly bed a bevy of women if he's married, which means she'll have to be knocked off in short order, otherwise he's a serial adulterer. Bond marrying again serves no purpose, other than to complicate matters.
  • BrilliantANDbogusBrilliantANDbogus Location of Junkanoo
    You forget, in the books he marries Flicka. So there is a precedent for Bond tieing the knot once again...
    @BrilliantANDbogus what novel is that in? is that in the John Gardner or Raymond Benson novels? I've only ever read Fleming and not the continuation books so I never knew about Flicka.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,782
    For the record Bond doesn't actually marry Flicka von Grusse in John Gardner's SeaFire (1994) or Cold (1996) and she dies in the end anyhow. He does consider marrying her, though. Flicka first appeared in Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993). James Bond does however go through a sham marriage with IRS agent Harriett Horner in Gardner's Scorpius (1988) in a ceremony conducted by Father Valentine (aka the main villain Vladimir Scorpius).
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I don't think so either. Unless they decide to remake OHMSS or bring back Tracy as a character.

Agreed.

Dragonpol wrote: »
    For the record Bond doesn't actually marry Flicka von Grusse in John Gardner's SeaFire (1994) or Cold (1996) and she dies in the end anyhow. He does consider marrying her, though. Flicka first appeared in Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993). James Bond does however go through a sham marriage with IRS agent Harriett Horner in Gardner's Scorpius (1988) in a ceremony conducted by Father Valentine (aka the main villain Vladimir Scorpius).

Sounds interesting, I may have to read the continuation novels. they may decide to go down the route of Bond getting married again in the films but I think I would prefer it if they left it alone.
  • PassionForTheGenrePassionForTheGenre Can I press you to a cukecumber sandwich?
    edited July 2015 Posts: 5
    I believe James will be married again. Only so many ideas Hollywood can go through before it come full circle. Just a matter of time, maybe not in even the next few movies but maybe in 15-20 years. Hopefully its tastefuly done. When the time comes. At the appointed hour.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    It's already been 46 years. Unless Tracy is reintroduced....no.