SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The trailer for Skyfall was released on 31st of July so using logic we can deduce that the spectre trailer will be released before then.
    Which is I believe when misson impossible rogue nation comes out....

Wasn't shown with the Minions!
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,164
    I'll repeat what I said - I don't think they'll debut right at the end of July with Mission Impossible because 1. that's exactly when Skyfall's debuted, IMHO it's bound to be some time before that and 2. the new Hunger Games is confirmed to debut their theatrical trailer then too.

Which makes the best option to be Ant-Man on July 17 for its theatrical debut. Sony can also place it with their own Pixels the following week too.
    Scamp wrote: »
    Wasn't shown with the Minions!

We'd know in advance if it was sent to cinemas and going to be shown with any movie.

Its going to come within the middle of July IMO.

They cant/wont wait until August.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Can I.....actually say something about the teaser trailer?

I still find it one of the best, THE best, James Bond teaser trailers ever.

Previous teaser trailers were relying heavily on either typical Bond action sequences (which in essence don't tease, but spoil. I think about the DAD teaser) or typical Bond elements that made Bond big (Bond in tuxedo, showing the gunbarrel. Think of TSWLM or the GE teaser).

The teaser for SP however is completely stripped of from these typical Bond elements. Perhaps the only things that remind of of this, are the new Aston Martin DB10 and a very eerie, almost horror-esque version of the James Bond theme.

And that atmosphere, that Kubrick-esque atmosphere, creates a lot of mystery. The teaser trailer is also focused heavily on the narrative/plot of the film, but in such a scarce way, that all these scenes --the picture of young Bond, the funeral scene, the icy wind sounds, when Bond is on a small boat, the crows in Mr White's 'haunted house, the ring, Oberhauser in the shadows, the gunshot and cracked glass evolving into an octopus-- in itself add even more mystery to it.

A Fincher-esque, Kubrick-esque trailer, full of mystery, and a lot of questionmarks. I call this absolutely one of the best Bond teasers that I can think of. It's done it's job also perfectly on social media: Creating more buzz than previous Bond film teasers.

Bravo.
    The guy from AJB007 who first broke the scoop that the teaser would feature zero action scenes just posted that the new trailer is ready:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45267/trailer/page/20/

It's definitely NOT this week with Terminator...hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks - mid-July.
  • RC7RC7
    Is anybody else not actually fussed about seeing any more footage? I could happily wait a while.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Is anybody else not actually fussed about seeing any more footage? I could happily wait a while.

Ofcourse it would be great to see more allowing for spoilers though? But I can happily wait and bide my time.

Yeah but IMO it's about time - it's been 3 months since the very minimal and teasery teaser. Especially if the trailer is still of similar tone and relatively low on action, like the reactions from CineEurope (which screened an unfinished version) suggest.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Ofcourse it would be great to see more allowing for spoilers though? But I can happily wait and bide my time.

About the spoiler point - looking back on the Skyfall trailers they definitely did show too much, due to the way they were cut. The good reactions from CineEurope and the reaction about it being still as secretive and intriguing as the teaser give me hope this will be brilliant.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Completely agree. I'm happy with just the tiniest hints of action in the trailer so you are wowed in the cinema seat.

With GE I had seen the bungy about 50 times on trailers, TV spots etc before I sat down so the impact when it actually happened was not what it should have been.

TLD on the other hand I hadn't seen the trailer for and when they fell out of the back of the plane I was blown away with the awesomeness of it.
  • RC7RC7
    I call this absolutely one of the best Bond teasers that I can think of.

I like the SP trailer, but I actually prefer the SF trailer. The reason being is that the SP trailer references SF almost immediately and so we feel we're in sequel territory. The same was true of QoS. SF really blew my socks off because it married a sense of narrative with a sense of action and a beautiful range of visuals, plus it was a standalone movie to get excited about with no potential baggage.

I like the SP trailer, but I actually prefer the SF trailer. The reason being is that the SP trailer references SF almost immediately and so we feel we're in sequel territory. The same was true of QoS. SF really blew my socks off because it married a sense of narrative with a sense of action and a beautiful range of visuals, plus it was a standalone movie to get excited about with no potential baggage.

You are talking about the teaser trailers, right?

Aside from the SP teaser setting up the sequel thing in the first half - it's IMO the superior trailer - it's a complete 180 from usual teaser trailers which are lots of small pieces of the action but little story, with this focusing exclusively on the story, with some stunning visuals to boot. Sure I think they should've made that first half a bit different and not so explicitly shove the 'Skyfall sequel' thing onto us, but after that it's brilliant, Mr White's appearance perfectly teasing that this is bringing the Quantum story full circle, and teasing the threat of the organisation.

That being said Skyfall's teaser was really great and really nailed that action/story balance, but the atmosphere and how thematically loaded the SP teaser was is why I prefer it.

side point, I still don't get people's complaints about Craig's films being one separate story a-la Nolan's Batman. If anything I think it's fantastic they're doing this with Craig's run, which is why I also hope he leaves after this film or B25.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I hope they continue this Nolan-esque film continuation with other Bonds, instead of complete discontinuity and isolation. Hell, even Connery's films were loosely connected.
  • RC7RC7
    antovolk wrote: »

You are talking about the teaser trailers, right?

Aside from the SP teaser setting up the sequel thing in the first half - it's IMO the superior trailer - it's a complete 180 from usual teaser trailers which are lots of small pieces of the action but little story, with this focusing exclusively on the story, with some stunning visuals to boot. Sure I think they should've made that first half a bit different and not so explicitly shove the 'Skyfall sequel' thing onto us, but after that it's brilliant, Mr White's appearance perfectly teasing that this is bringing the Quantum story full circle, and teasing the threat of the organisation.

That being said Skyfall's teaser was really great and really nailed that action/story balance, but the atmosphere and how thematically loaded the SP teaser was is why I prefer it.

side point, I still don't get people's complaints about Craig's films being one separate story a-la Nolan's Batman. If anything I think it's fantastic they're doing this with Craig's run, which is why I also hope he leaves after this film or B25.

Yeah, just talking about the teasers. I like the SP trailer a lot, I don't really know how you couldn't, but in terms of something to get me 'pumped' I'd go with SF. I loved the way they used the psych test as the builder and then the heavy beats kick in with a tonne of awesome Deakins work. Hoyte's work is lovely, but there's just more of a selection of great shots in the SF teaser for me. Which is nitpicking because that's the way it's intended to be, so its purely a matter of taste. They're both two of the best teasers of the DC era I would say, but then I think CR is a far superior film to any so far, so hopefully SP can really deliver on it's tease!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think the first trailer is very definition of teaser, that is exactly what it does and in this day and age people have just become so impatient, the reaction on the net was more than just evidence of that plus some peoples comments were just idiotic.

Bond was criticised for it's press conference by journalists as it wasn't a spectacular like say Marvel was, I'm sure someone said why couldn't Craig have abseiled in or something ludicrous like that.

That's the difference subtlety, some call it boring I call it classy, too many films have given away their goods long before they are in the cinema.

Wizard illustrated perfectly what I'm saying, that GE bungy jump was all over TV and you'd see umpteen times whereas 8 years earlier TLD I'd seen snatches of at the premiere on TV and some stills but that opening over Gibralter for this 15 year old boy was so exciting, I want that from the SPECTRE PTS and as long as they don't spank it on the trailers I think I or we might get that!

That first trailer was masterpiece and one of the best Teaser of the last 10 years in my book!
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Wizard illustrated perfectly what I'm saying, that GE bungy jump was all over TV and you'd see umpteen times whereas 8 years earlier TLD I'd seen snatches of at the premiere on TV and some stills but that opening over Gibralter for this 15 year old boy was so exciting, I want that from the SPECTRE PTS and as long as they don't spank it on the trailers I think I or we might get that!

Good job you didn't catch the teaser for TLD on the TV!

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

If I remember rightly they rarely showed full trailers on TV and I obviously didn't see anything at the cinema where the trailer was shown. We are spoiled far too much these days that it might be hard for some younger fans to actually comprehend how little was shown.

I remember Film Review doing an article on it but this was before the days of Empire, I'm not sure maybe they were in publication around for LTK but I also remember on set report for that in Film Review and they were showing stills from the Wave Crest sequence.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Bloody hell is that a joke or what? They practically showed tge whole PTS as a teaser? Jeez.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Can I.....actually say something about the teaser trailer?

I still find it one of the best, THE best, James Bond teaser trailers ever.

Previous teaser trailers were relying heavily on either typical Bond action sequences (which in essence don't tease, but spoil. I think about the DAD teaser) or typical Bond elements that made Bond big (Bond in tuxedo, showing the gunbarrel. Think of TSWLM or the GE teaser).

The teaser for SP however is completely stripped of from these typical Bond elements. Perhaps the only things that remind of of this, are the new Aston Martin DB10 and a very eerie, almost horror-esquema version of the James Bond theme.

And that atmosphere, that Kubrick-esque atmosphere, creates a lot of mystery. The teaser trailer is also focused heavily on the narrative/plot of the film, but in such a scarce way, that all these scenes --the picture of young Bond, the funeral scene, the icy wind sounds, when Bond is on a small boat, the crows in Mr White's 'haunted house, the ring, Oberhausen in the shadows, the gunshot and cracked glass evolving into an octopus-- in itself add even more mystery to it.

A Finger-esque, Kubrick-esque trailer, full of mystery, and a lot of questionmarks. I call this absolutely one of the best Bond teasers that I can think of. It's done it's job also perfectly on social media: Creating more buzz than previous Bond film teasers.

Bravo.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Bloody hell is that a joke or what? They practically showed tge whole PTS as a teaser? Jeez.

Although I like the score music choice (George Martin) and the visuals (great fonts over that gunbarrel), it is not a good teaser trailer @RC7. I agree with @doubleoego here. It simply shows way too much action, and on top of that it basically shows the entire PTS. That's not teasing.....that's spoiling, as I think the TLD-PTS is one of the best PTS's ever.

I stand with my previous remarks. The SP-teaser is a masterpiece. It teases in every aspect. You can call it a sequel-teaser perhaps. True. But still, the "look and feel" of the SP-teaser stands out in every aspect from previous teaser trailers, even the SF-teaser. It's mysterious, dark, gloomy. The "Eyes WIde Shut"-esque S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-gathering. And especially that dark, shady character who is ushering the words in an almost horror-like fashion: "Welcome James. It has been a long time. And finally, here we are.". As if Jiggsaw is talking to us.... Add the minimalistic interpretation of the James Bond theme to it, and this teaser becomes even more mysterious. It has perhaps the most dramatic introductions of a villain attached to it, without actually giving away an inch of the man.

Moreover, without giving away too much, the SP-teaser feels like a very comprehensive package, It's almost a movie on its own, with the theme "mystery" interwoven in it throughout.

Now compare the SP-teaser with the SF-teaser:

I agree with @RC7 that the SF-teaser is also very good. But I think it's less comprehensive on its own. It starts slow, but in the second part of the teaser there's already a big collection of intense action sequences. So in a way, I find the SF-teaser way more traditional.....thus less original. I do like the dramatic over-use of the music in the SF-teaser, but I think it isn't nearly as effective as the tense music from the SP-teaser.

Also, the SF-teaser has the shadowed figure of the villain (Silva), but it's not as memorable as the entire S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-meeting. One thing I completely agree with @RC7 is the fact that I really can't be bothered about a new full trailer for "SPECTRE" :-). The teaser, the TV-spot....they already tremendously facilitated my geekness and nerdi-ness.

I expect the full trailer to be released between July 6th and July 16th.....which makes its premiere still minimum two weeks earlier as compared to the full theatrical trailer for "Skyfall". Still, it would probably have way more action attached to it, thus spoiling us more.
  • RC7RC7
    Although I like the score music choice (George Martin) and the visuals (great fonts over that gunbarrel), it is not a good teaser trailer @RC7.

Did I say it was?
    Although I like the score music choice (George Martin) and the visuals (great fonts over that gunbarrel), it is not a good teaser trailer @RC7.

Did I say it was?

Not at all. I just wanted to point it out to you :-P.
    I expect the full trailer to be released between July 6th and July 16th.....which makes its premiere still minimum two weeks earlier as compared to the full theatrical trailer for "Skyfall". Still, it would probably have way more action attached to it, thus spoiling us more.

Well, I think you've read what people at CineEurope were saying - it doesn't look like it. Not that there won't be action at all, but very little.

Well, I think you've read what people at CineEurope were saying - it doesn't look like it. Not that there won't be action at all, but very little.

That's good news then for me :-D!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While I want to see what Mendes is bringing to the table in terms of action, I'm actually happy we've gotten a small glimpse of it. Gives a rather nice surprise for the film as opposed to seeing all the big set pieces in action already.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    If it really is ready, July 17th and Ant Man makes most sense. Maybe it debuts online a few days earlier.
    StanKobra wrote: »
    If it really is ready, July 17th and Ant Man makes most sense. Maybe it debuts online a few days earlier.

July 10th or July 17th yes. Most likely.

• Too bad Sony isn't joining SDCC this year, i think it would have been a smart and surprising move to release and show the trailer at the con
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Too bad Sony isn't joining SDCC this year, i think it would have been a smart and surprising move to release and show the trailer at the con

Agreed although Sony didn't debut that Skyfall theatrical trailer at SDCC either, it was at a special IMAX event. Unknown if IMAX are having an event this year...
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 161
    Too bad Sony isn't joining SDCC this year, i think it would have been a smart and surprising move to release and show the trailer at the con

Agreed although Sony didn't debut that Skyfall theatrical trailer at SDCC either, it was at a special IMAX event. Unknown if IMAX are having an event this year...

Yes the event was held July 13. Maybe they'll do the same this year, wait SDCC is over and release it on July 13..