The ROGER MOORE Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sir Roger should come back and do another Bond film, but only if he uses helium to accentuate his speech each take!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I believe that Sir Roger's hands double for MI6 art expert Fanning's (Douglas Wilmer) when he picks up the Fabergé Egg.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Roger Moore's Bond asks for information in 5 of his 7 films. (71%)
  • Grace Jones has a book out, 'I'll Never Write My Memoirs'. Obviously she mentions Rog, and how he, quite understandably, asked her to stop glaring at him off set 'with such venom', as if he really was "a spy I was determined to kill." Rather intense at times, our Grace, it seems.

She describes Moore as 'an old softy', that he was so relaxed ('perhaps too relaxed') on set, and that he had the stiffest hair and the hardest legs. *trademark raised eyebrow*

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,567
    Quite gracious of her considering Roger is a lot less flattering about her in his own memoirs ;)
  • Very true. The intense death stare of Grace Jones must have been quite unsettling though. On the set, over lunch, in the shower, wherever Rog went, there it was. Piercing, threatening, unyielding. Fortunately Rog's legs were like a shield of steel, so he had very little to fear.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    grace-jones-1.jpg
    Would still love to meet her though! :-bd
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just whatever you do, don't shake her hand.
    Roger Moore will be on BBC 1's The One Show on Tuesday 22nd September.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,333
    A gold mine of entertainment I had ordered on the web has been delivered to my address: the DVD's of...

'North Sea Hijack', 'Shout at the Devil', 'Man who Haunted Himself', 'Escape to Athena', 'Sea Wolves', 'Wild Geese' and 'Gold'.

I think it's safe to say I am in for loads of pure epic fun with Sir Rog! :-c

One Roger Moore movie I'd be interested to see again is That Lucky Touch (1975). I saw it at the cinema and recall it was pretty dreadful at the time. The cinema was empty too for a Saturday peak-time showing, but I was a Bond fan so stuck with it out of loyalty. I just wonder whether it's as bad as I remember? If memory serves me right it seemed like a throwback to a 50's Doris Day & Rock Hudson type of movie but with 1970's feminism thrown into the mix and set in Belguim or somewhere?

If you haven't seen it already you should perhaps check out Moore in Canonball Run playing a 007 send-up of himself. Now that I liked.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Roger Moore is just about to apear on The One Show on BBC One at 7pm.
    Messing about as usual ( the old rogue) but as always he is very happy to be associated with Bond
    He was asked if he would watch the new Bond film with the other Bond stars, and he answered that it isn't a club where they all meet up. He did say he saw Timothy Dalton in a restaurant recently and had a chat.
    Always nice to hear these stories.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Great to see Sir Rog, up to his usual antics!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    And good to see him looking so well too.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    edited September 2015 Posts: 308
    Is there footage of it online?

I found this today.This is one of the most akward interviews I have ever seen. Roger handled it as good as he could.

Darn it! Didn't know Sir Roger was on the One show!
    Roger always gives " Good Interview " :D
  • Jeffrey wrote: »
    Is there footage of it online?

I found this today.This is one of the most akward interviews I have ever seen. Roger handled it as good as he could.

Best part in this interview: When the host asked something about the Aston Martin, Sir Roger replied "That was the other fellow"

:))
    On The One Show the interviewer said something like 'Then you did Ivanhoe which made your name' and Roger said 'No, Roger Moore had always been my name'.
    Really quick witted even at 87.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have just watched The One Show. Whether or not you approve of Moore's take on Bond, you have to admire his class when fielding questions that he's been asked 100's of times before, (and some might not have been the most thought out questions the first time). A true class act.

And while it's a shame that it isn't a club, the thought of Moore and Dalton having a chat, has left a smile on my face. :)
    edited September 2015 Posts: 13,384
    Roger is always very entertaining and a fantastic ambassador for the
    Bond films. =D>
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0336y0x
    Answering some viewers questions.
    Sir Roger is on BBC Radio 2 tomorrow afternoon on the Steve Wright show from 2pm until 5pm.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,552
    He's about to appear on BBC Breakfast as a guest on BBC1
    --
    Edit: love his impression of Sean doing "Bond, James Bond"
  • He was his usual witty, self-deprecating self. I loved the fact that Charlie (a superb interviewer, in my opinion) admitted to having to sit-up straighter and improve his diction immediately after talking to Sir Rog.

Moore said that he wasn't born with natural talent "like Caine, Finney or Courtenay" so had to work hard at it. On his nice guy reputation: "It's much harder work to be nasty than to be nice." Also praised Richard Kiel and spoke of meeting up with him for a radio show four days before Kiel's death. That Kiel was on the verge of collapse but insisted on doing the show, 'because he'd promised.'

Moore pushed his 'evenings with' and a UNICEF app which allows people to listen to Hans Christian Andersen tales read by the likes of Michael Caine, Joan Collins etc.

He is certainly hitting the circuit at the moment and is in fine form.
    NicNac wrote: »
    On The One Show the interviewer said something like 'Then you did Ivanhoe which made your name' and Roger said 'No, Roger Moore had always been my name'.
    Really quick witted even at 87.

That's like one I heard when I last saw him:

"What drove you to become an actor?"
    "The number 37 bus".