Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 13,882
    I'm in Europe (UK), where our PS3's are region locked. I know of a gaming shop that specializes in pre-owned games & consoles. What sets them apart form nationwide stores, is that they not only trade in the latest platforms, but also older platforms like the N64 and PS1. I shall have to call in and see if they have the original RE game in stock. If not, there's always Ebay.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ah, sorry. There's always Steam, though.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Grand Theft Auto Online, finally get to do some heists!
    I just bought Heavy Rain for the PS3. I've never played it before but I've heard great things about it.
    Grand Theft Auto Online, finally get to do some heists!
    Oh man I'm hopelessly addicted to GTA Online. Unfortunately ever since the Heists have come out, I think we're sort of in the beta stage if you will-- and 90% of the time is spent waiting!!!
    We ought to have an MI6 CREW!! I'm not sure if we can just make our own like that but it would be awesome.
    It would be good to have some trustworthy guys on a team.
    Nothing more annoying than an entire heist ending because one numbnuts decides he's bored and quits in the middle of it!

(PS4 over here, btw)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's been a good month and a half, so I figured I would bump this.

'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' (PS4)

I only put one hour into this massive, expansive RPG, but wow, am I impressed so far. I've only covered maybe .1% of the world and I've only been in one fight (where I brutally cut down a few nasty beasts), but the scope and graphics and gameplay and immersion and all of it has me realizing that I'll be playing this game for a long, long while. If you like third person games (or RPG's in general), you should absolutely check this out.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,181
    I'm going to pick Witcher 3 up when it's half price or so for PC. Looks really nice!
    @Ed83, it's totally worth every penny it's currently priced at, but hey, if you're patient enough to get it cheaper, then by all means! I hit the 24 hour mark on the game today and I still haven't even left the first area. I'm taking my time with it, playing realistically, and exploring every nook and cranny the game has to offer. I've loved every second I've put into this game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 13,882
    Farm Simulator 15 - PS3

Like it's predecessor, this is a strangely addictive game that requires some thought as to how best to progress, to get the most out of the game. Sell all ones equipment/commodities, buy solar panels/wind turbines, speed time up and let the cash role in, or use the starting equipment, building up a farming empire the harder and more rewarding way? I am playing the latter way. Working from two fields I have just shy of 200k in the bank. I am going to earn more cash and get into a pattern with my fields, and then I will move on and try the new logging features.
    @MajorDSmythe, that's why I always enjoyed the 'Tropico' games, because you were given objectives with a twist: tackle them the way you want to. How do you plan on ruling your island? Shut out all of the poor people and make bank, but at the same time, get everyone to hate you, which would incite riots and less income in most businesses over a period of time? Or, do you favor the poor and leave out the rich, focusing on key businesses and commodities required to survive, but at the same time, struggling with your cash? It was such good fun.
    I have never heard of the Tropico games, but consoles need more sims in general. These Farming Simulator games have been made fun of, yet run 'n gun games like CoD, that require little to no thought, sell in the millions?
    @MajorDSmythe, I'm not much of a "farmer" myself, so they've never interested me in that regard, but in terms of a sim format, I'm sure they're loads of fun. I think there was some train simulator on the Xbox 360 that seemed to be another sim game that looked like loads of fun, as well, and I'd never expect a game based on trains to be entertaining.
    I'm not a farmer either. I could could on one hand the number of times that I have been on a farm. I have never played a train sim, but if one were released on consoles, I would probably buy it.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 40,372
    Well if you ever get your hands on a 360 (I don't know if it exists on the PS3 or PC, though I'm sure there are plenty of train simulators on the PC), you should check it out and let me know how it is. I believe it's called 'A-Train HX' or something like that.
    I finally gave Grand Theft Auto Online a try and NOW I'M ADDICTED.
    Damn this game is fun! I love making my own character and I got a car like the one I'd love to own in real life, and JAMES BOND'S ASTON MARTIN!!
    Back when I had GTA5 on the PS3, I saved my money and bought the Aston Martin, and was pissed when it got destroyed and that was that.
    Now in the Online version, you can get car insurance and a tracker so the car is yours

It's not the most accurate color (that gets unlocked later) but it will do.

FullSizeRender3_zps5edfb674.jpg
    Even though I've bought other games since, GTAV Online still has a firm grip on my attention.
    There really is something wickedly fun about dressing your character up as the Terminator, walking among people, slaughtering said people and blowing up cars, all while taking injuries that would kill a normal guy.... 8-X

FullSizeRender_4_zpsd1isworw.jpg
    The-Terminator_police-siege_5_top10films.jpg

"The .45 longslide, with laser sighting."
    FullSizeRender_3_zpsykfjhlg1.jpg

"Sarah Connor?"
    FullSizeRender_2_zpsiztastcd.jpgFullSizeRender_1_zpsb2lnzlbo.jpg

Tech Noir?
    FullSizeRender_zps7sgbfmti.jpg
    'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' (PS4)

Time for a rant, because I'm bummed. The game is nowhere near the level of 'open world' like they made it out to be, and this has put a huge damper on the game. I've never tried to tackle a game more realistically, but when I found out how 'open world' it really is, it kind of took me out of the experience entirely. This is a heads up to anyone planning on getting the game. This is how it works:

You open the world map, and there's one large map with roads, buildings, etc., with five named places on the map, and a sixth off of the coast. These six areas are merely sections of this much bigger map, and if you click on them, it zooms in and shows that area in a more refined way. That first initial map you see? You can't traverse any of those roads or go to any of those buildings at all. Sadly, you can only fast travel between the six areas, and those areas are the ones you can roam. I specifically remember developers saying things like "you can buy a boat and use it to go around the world" and "traveling from the top of the map to the bottom in full gallop on a horse will take 35-40 minutes." This is not the case whatsoever, just another instance of developers knowing what they've delivered and deciding to kind of stretch the information to make it seem what it's not. I'll throw it in spoiler tags because I'm about to complain (a lot. Enjoy!) and don't want to take up the entire visible page.
    Okay, so the six areas. The first area is this small castle area you start the game out in (it's pretty much created as a Witcher hideout, and is used for the game's tutorial.) It's very, very, very small. It's just a broken down castle area with a few rooms to explore. Nothing special. Then, you get to the second area, which is a town and some surrounding, outlying caves/buildings/etc. However, this area is pretty small in size. It seems to be rather large when you look at the map, but once you realize how fast your character's icon actually moves across the map when you're even running, you start to notice that it's not big whatsoever. Then, the third area: a royal palace, which is literally just that. You can't hike to it, you can't ride a horse to it, you can't take a boat there, nothing, you can only fast travel to it and you're immediately placed inside, where there are a few rooms to explore. Past that, there's no reason to go here (from what I see) other than any main quests you have. So, in just a few hours time, you've seen half of the areas.

Now, these next three areas are actually bigger in size, but the fourth area (a No Man's Land) is actually the outlying lands of the fifth area, which is a large town. This area does seem big, and I believe it's the area they speak of when they talk about how "big" the game is. The sixth area is a set of islands, which again, seems to be the area they speak of when they talk about buying a boat. However, this was not how the game appeared to be marketed at all. From my understanding, it was one, giant, connected open world that could be traversed on foot, on horseback, or on boat. Here I am, thinking I can buy a boat, dock it somewhere, and take it to any of these locations. Nope. The giant world map can't ever be tackled at all, and you're restricted to these six areas, half of them having absolutely no use to you once you've completed the quests.

End rant. I wish I had looked into this much more, but apparently this kind of information is only noticed once the game is released, which is a joke. Such a shame, too, because I was immersed in this game like I haven't been in a very long time. Took me right out of the experience immediately, and now that I'm noticing how small the world really is and how there's really nothing to do in it once you "complete" these areas, I'm pretty bummed out and have lost most of my interest in continuing.
    How developers can get away with that boggles the mind. I've lost count on the number of times that I have bought was what claimed to be an open world game, only for that to be an overstatement.

Farm Simulator 15 - PS3

Update: Since my last post, I have invested in a baler, baler trailer and a front loader with a pallet fork. With the former, I have add a further step to earning money from my fields, with the latter, I can earn money by doing missions, while I wait for my fields to become ready for harvesting. I had close to 300k, but having made those investments, and done a few missions already, I have around 220k in the bank. Oh, and I have bought 5 chickens. They wont give me much in return in the long run, but will provide a little more income in the short term. Every little helps, when I have to hire a worker for one task, so I can carry out another. My next goal is to buy another tractor (I could buy 4 right now, but that would be a substantial chunk out of my finances). Once I have that, I will start to branch out across the map.
    @MajorDSmythe, exactly! It's not even just the principle in this scenario, either, because usually that's the case and I can forgive it. It's the fact that I let myself get so immersed in a game that was essentially marketed as being one of the biggest open-world RPG's ever, just for it to not be the case.
    Farm Simulator 15 - PS3

Meanwhile, on Farm Smythe. Things are ticking alone nicely. I have made big investments in forrestry equipment and a Wind Turbine. And both investments have already paid off, and then some. I have not done any more missions, once I completed my 50th mission, and the trophy popped up, I sold off my front loader. I could have carried on, but I can earn more money through forrestry work than through missions.

And...

Remember Me - PS3

This is one of my favourite Action/Adventure/SciFi/Drama games. Visually, there is nothing like it. If I could pick at one aspect, it's the ability to remix memories (the ability to go to a specific memory of another character, and change the outcome of that memory, changing who that character has become, and the path of their life). It's such an unique weapon in Nillin's armoury, but we only get to use it a handful of times through the game, on pre-set characters. Yet, when the game was released, it had a cold reception from gamers. A criminally overlook game? Absolutely.
    Mafia 2 - Xbox 360

Loved it. The old school feel of the game was really cool. The graphics and gameplay was very good. Also very funny dialogue.

Strongely recommended.

Does anyone know if the first Mafia game is available for Xbox 360?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Mafia 2 - Xbox 360

Loved it. The old school feel of the game was really cool. The graphics and gameplay was very good. Also very funny dialogue.

Strongely recommended.

Does anyone know if the first Mafia game is available for Xbox 360?

PC, PS2 and Xbox (original), according to Wikipedia.
    Don't think I ever posted this on here but I finished AC Rogue and it's one of the best games the series has to offer, imo. Really fantastic. Think the best moment in the game for me was
    Adewale's death. His stand off with Haytham was great, with Adewale showing his loyalty to Edward even after all those years ("don't talk about your father like that!") and then his death was such a tragic emotional scene, and I loved how he cursed Shay before he died, showing the passion and fire that made him such a great Assassin even in death.

Anyway I bought it up because I played it a bit today, just dicking about on free roam, doing side missions. I love the world, especially the river valley, where the land and naval stuff really is seamlessly connected. You could be leaping through the trees in a lush forest then on the boat sailing further north (where it gets colder and blizzards start). It's a great game. Much better than Unity (the worst AC) in my opinion. Looking forward to AC Syndicate now, which I think looks spectacular. The world and the stuff you can do all looks very cool. Can't wait to beat the shit out of guys using brass knuckles whilst on top of a speeding train :D

Also I saw the Fallout 4 trailer today, which looks very impressive. It made me sort of want to replay Fallout 3 but since I've already played that, and New Vegas, and Skyrim, I decided to order Oblivion, Skyrim's predecessor, which is the only one of these games I haven't played (aside from the old ones). I'm looking forward to it.
    Farm Simulator 15 - PS3
    Farm Smythe is still in business. Not much to report. My bank account has crossed $1M (again!). And I have bought a larger tipper, so when there is a big demand for any silage, I can transport a larger amount to be sold. When I get to $1.2M, I will pay of the loan I took out at the beginning.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just saw the trailers to Dishonoured 2 and the new Doom game which look incredible.

Last game played LA Noir.
    I've been playing Farm Simulator 15 on PC for a while now! I'm glad to see someone else having a ton of fun with it! It's a great relaxing type of game that you can set your own pace at.

I just picked up the Tex Murphy series over at GOG for cheap. I've been having a blast playing those old games and I'm slowly working my way to the newer edition that came out a couple of years ago. It's a detective point and click type game, but lots of fun.

By the way, if your into PC games check out GOG and Steam because they both have summer sales going. It's really one of the only times I buy games. I just despise paying $59.99 per game. When I can take that same 60 bucks and buy 10 games. Also Steam will give refunds now. If you buy the game and its a dud you can get your money back instantly. No questions asked.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    I've been playing Farm Simulator 15 on PC for a while now! I'm glad to see someone else having a ton of fun with it! It's a great relaxing type of game that you can set your own pace at.

It's addictive isn't it. And there isn't really an end to the game.
    beat tomb raider and now enjoying Hitman Absolution I might just pick up blood money
    I have played a bit of Tomb Raider and I loved it so far. Hitman Absolution is a nice game as well.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    Two years later and I'm still obsessed with this game. I'm trying to get 3 gold stars on all the mission but it's almost impossible to do thanks to the intricate details laid out in every room of the locations you explore. My favorite location is the Haunted Towers which is a jungle greenhouse laboratory built around a giant tree. This game is just so charming and one of the best Nintendo games.

I made this little diorama as a tribute. :)
    luigi_in_the_gardener_s_lab__by_comandercool22-d8xfmxr.jpg
    I LOVE luigi's mansion 1 and 2!!!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Risico007 wrote: »
    beat tomb raider and now enjoying Hitman Absolution I might just pick up blood money

Blood money is a brilliant game.
    Tomb Raider was amazing, although there were some moments that were ridiculously hard, like that bloody parachute level.