24 (2001 - 14) / 24: Legacy (2017) / Designated Survivor (2016 - 19)

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited December 2023 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,686
Yes.... On November 6, 2001, the cult tv show '24' made it's debut on television.

10 years, 8 seasons and 192 episodes later, '24' is now firmly set in the history of television.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I was there. First show, first episode, big fan. And I would never skip a single episode in the entire show's history. 24 brought Kiefer a whole new career. Good for him!

Best action series ever in my book.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Good on you Dimi ! :-bd

I started watching when the show was already in it's 4th season...
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Ere ere. This ruled my life for a decade...I just bought the entire set off Amazon for 48 quid. A great purchase.

24 was just sublime tv. Every penny on screen and genuinely great craftsmanship in almost every department of the production.

The movie production seems to have gone a bit quiet, let's hope Bauer returns if only for two monumental hours!

I have just started thinking of Michelle Dessler...I'm going to have to leave this thread for a couple of minutes. ;-)
    I believe she also played in AvP2. You might want to think about that as well. ;;)
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Aaaah that's better...what's that? Bu**er, i forgot about AvP2?! ... Right, I'm off again...see you (much) later. :-))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I started watching the show regularly at season 5. I saw a few reruns years before that didn't catch my interest, but then A&E started airing reruns and I watched most of seasons 2 and 4 on there, then started watching season 5 when it started airing. After that I watched seasons 6-8 as they aired, saw a few reruns of 1&3 (but not much) and I own 24: The Game on the PS2.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Love this show! I first caught it on a 24 marathon on (I think it was) Labor Day. so I watched the first season straight thru. I was hooked and excited after the very first episode. An awesome show, so well done. Happy Keifer was in such a popular show for so long. It lagged at times (well, lagged not the right word), but I did like the final season.
    James Bond forever - and, for me, Jack is always hanging around, too.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    What a day that was, I still remember the opening episode and the many to follow. Long live Jack Bauer, and here's hoping we get some info on the new movie soon!
    I really liked the first season,
    Season 2: was maybe a D+ due to the "Perils of Kim" segments. Anyone who watched that bull will know what I'm talking about.
    Season 3: was better give it a B
    Season 4: was the best since Season 1 of course nothing can top that first ground breaking season
    Season 5: I gave up after 20 episodes and never came back.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited July 2014 Posts: 1,812
    It looks as though CTU Agent Jack Bauer is finally getting his own movie!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/24-movie-begin-shooting-spring-201642968.html

After eight seasons we finally get a movie! Anbody else really excited for this?
    Finally! I was very worried this wasn't going to happen, especially the way they ended the 8th season. Very exciting news! Now I have to wonder if this will be a 2 hour real time film or if the 2 hours will cover 24 hours
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    that is great news, I have been a fan of the show ever since it started. Kiefer is looking quite good in those photos as well. I am looking forward to this! **==
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I saw the last season, i really hope they end it with a movie. They already planned that.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,416
    This is are 2 fan arts i made in January 2011 after i end the final season in December 2010. For a story of the never made 9th season or the movie.

24season9endresult.jpg

24season9.png

Keanu Reeves as
    Cole Ortiz

Plot:
    Cole whant to take revenge of the girl he loved in season 8 who is kild by Jack Bauer.

Excited. No. I wil watch it where it belongs over 2-3 years after the release in the cinema, on Tv.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Finally! I was very worried this wasn't going to happen, especially the way they ended the 8th season. Very exciting news! Now I have to wonder if this will be a 2 hour real time film or if the 2 hours will cover 24 hours

I read an article a few years ago where, I don't remember what producer said it, but they said that the movie would cover 24 hours, but not in real time (could you stand 12 movies just to cover an entire day? Assuming they came out every 2 years, we'd have to wait 22 years just to see how the day ended).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Four months away from filming and no director.

This film will be good.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I was disapointed with how they ended the series (jack going on the run), so I'm really glad that this is finally happening. I'm kinda sad the die hard/24 crossover was never made though, that sounded awesome.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,341
    I am not surprised but I just wish they had waited a few more years. I am probably in the minority here for feeling that way.
    I loved the first season, the second season was a let down, the third season was very good and the fourth was almost as thrilling as season 1. However by season 5 I felt that the act had had started to wear thin. I mean how many ways can you save the world??
    24 finally jumped the shark in Season 5 and I never watched the show after that hokey Season 5
    It would be difficult to accept anyone besides Kieffer Sutherland playing Jack Baurer though I think Keanu Reeves would be a good choice. However, I wish they would wait a few more years before trying this big screen.

I for one can do without a hero or film that glorifies torture and more violence as a good thing. Besides, what can Jack do that he hasn't already done? That is why I wish they would wait a few more years...
    Not really excited, no. I'm a huge fan of the series, watched all episodes, but the power of 24 has always been:

* the realtime effect
    * the full day concept

No 2 hour movie can achieve both, and Redemption demonstrated that perfectly.
    I used to love the show, always wanted a big screen flick. My favourite season was season 2 so I'm probably in the minority here. But frankly the last two seasons were a bit of a let down for me. And now I feel it's past its sell-by date, don't see it working at the cinema.
    Kennon wrote:
    My favourite season was season 2 so I'm probably in the minority here.

I don't know, a lot of Amazon reviewers list this as the best season (and not just the reviews written when this and 1 were the only seasons). It's my second favorite, after season 4.
    Kennon wrote:

I don't know, a lot of Amazon reviewers list this as the best season (and not just the reviews written when this and 1 were the only seasons). It's my second favorite, after season 4.

I always thought Season 1 was the BEST. The fact that it started at midnight and the first 7-9 hours were in the dark gave it a surreal feeling. Also it ended at night as well. The shocking ending also did it for me.
    As for Season 2 I thought it was a let down (the Perils of Kim was kinda out there-especially her being chased by the cougar)
    Season 3 was a kick in the balls with the deaths of Sherry Palmer, Nina and Ryan (can't recall his last name) but it was a good season and seeing a grown up Kim.
    Four was very very good and my second favorite season.

DarthDimi wrote:
    Not really excited, no. I'm a huge fan of the series, watched all episodes, but the power of 24 has always been:

* the realtime effect
    * the full day concept

No 2 hour movie can achieve both, and Redemption demonstrated that perfectly.

You say it all Bro!
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I am not surprised but I just wish they had waited a few more years. I am probably in the minority here for feeling that way.
    I loved the first season, the second season was a let down, the third season was very good and the fourth was almost as thrilling as season 1. However by season 5 I felt that the act had had started to wear thin. I mean how many ways can you save the world??
    24 finally jumped the shark in Season 5 and I never watched the show after that hokey Season 5
    It would be difficult to accept anyone besides Kieffer Sutherland playing Jack Baurer though I think Keanu Reeves would be a good choice. However, I wish they would wait a few more years before trying this big screen.

I for one can do without a hero or film that glorifies torture and more violence as a good thing. Besides, what can Jack do that he hasn't already done? That is why I wish they would wait a few more years...

I thought Season 5 was one of the best ones. We get a bunch of suprises as well as more of an insight into the slimy Charles Logan.

Season 6 was the weakest IMO.
    @ Bain123
    I thought Season 5 was off to a good start. I liked the First Lady, Mrs Logan and the deaths of Michelle and Palmer was a real shocker. Not since the death of Mrs. Bauer in Season 1 was i so blown away. However, it just got to be too much. especially when Bauer boarded that diplomatic flight using his hood for cover (did that make him invisible?) and then to knock out the federal marshall and land the plane on the freeway? That was when I gave up. After 20 episodes, I stopped watching at that point and coud care less of how the final four hours went.
    Logan was good but IMO it was here when they "jumped the shark". I felt the writers were insulting the fans and viewers. (Classic shark jumping, bad wrtiing, characters out of character..)
    I really enjoyed 24. Curious to see what they have in store for Jack Bauer next? However? There is no way it can be done in real time for obvious reasons. So as already mentioned? It will be another Redemption style story line?

Bring it on! :D
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Kennon wrote:

I always thought Season 1 was the BEST. The fact that it started at midnight and the first 7-9 hours were in the dark gave it a surreal feeling. Also it ended at night as well. The shocking ending also did it for me.
    As for Season 2 I thought it was a let down (the Perils of Kim was kinda out there-especially her being chased by the cougar)
    Season 3 was a kick in the balls with the deaths of Sherry Palmer, Nina and Ryan (can't recall his last name) but it was a good season and seeing a grown up Kim.
    Four was very very good and my second favorite season.

Now, Chappelle (Ryan) I do miss. I liked him. I was glad to see Nina and Sherry Palmer die. Sherry was very unsympathetic, and Nina was just kind of stupid. She's betrayed everyone, she's killed innocent people, she gave terrorists information, yet through out it all, she has this sense of "I'm the victim, and I need to get away".
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    @ Bain123
    I thought Season 5 was off to a good start. I liked the First Lady, Mrs Logan and the deaths of Michelle and Palmer was a real shocker. Not since the death of Mrs. Bauer in Season 1 was i so blown away. However, it just got to be too much. especially when Bauer boarded that diplomatic flight using his hood for cover (did that make him invisible?) and then to knock out the federal marshall and land the plane on the freeway? That was when I gave up. After 20 episodes, I stopped watching at that point and coud care less of how the final four hours went.
    Logan was good but IMO it was here when they "jumped the shark". I felt the writers were insulting the fans and viewers. (Classic shark jumping, bad wrtiing, characters out of character..)

Yeah that landing the plane on the motorway was a bit OTT but the final hour was a cracker. Bauer's showdown with Logan was well acted as was the scene when he was taken away by his own Secret Service staff. The final sequence with Bauer was great too. I won't spoil it in case you haven't seen it.
    OHMSS69 wrote:

I don't know about it being the absolute best but I agree that it was the only season to really capture the feeling of a 24 hour period. By the end you could see Jack was exausted. In subsequent seasons he looks the same at the start and at the end.
  • season 1 is my fave simply because its the original one. I remember first watching it and being amazed at the idea of it. I once tried to watch the entire 1st season in 24 hours (sad, I know), but I just got too restless and had to do something else
    season 1 is my fave simply because its the original one. I remember first watching it and being amazed at the idea of it. I once tried to watch the entire 1st season in 24 hours (sad, I know), but I just got too restless and had to do something else

The closest Ive come is the whole of season 5 in 3 days.