Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

LA Noire (Xbox 360)
    - Still on the first of the three discs provided, but already this is my favourite game to hit the 360 ever! It's got everything you'd expect from a detective game and more!

You go around chasing after 'bad guys', interogating them back at the police station (with quite a few altenate out-comes), solving the puzzles, finding clues (which help with the case), car chases, a few entertaining gun fights, and more, nothing dissapoints in this game.

The animation is great, especially with the unique facial movement, which is really realistic, though i have noticed a couple of frame-rate issues (just little, but still...), the acting is great, i even noticed a face and voice in their from an actor who played a character in a popular tv series :D

There's too much to type of it's greatness, i just want to get back on with it to be honest....

10/10 - Greatest game for a long time.

Also...

Portal 2 (Xbox 360)
    - Downloaded the arcade version of 'Portal 1' (Portal: Still Alive), about a week back, and absolutely fell in love with it, so i was excited for the sequel, bought it and (Near the end of the game so far) absolutely love this too!

It's funny (Especially the little circular-robot thing that helps you out at the beginning), very entertaining, great storyline and just a great game overall, perhaps better than the origional?!

10/10 - Just brilliant!

Seriously the best double-buy i've ever had! :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

I have waited 15 years for this game and it's finally arrived.

Okay, nothing innovative about it, just a solid FPS. Finished it in a little under two days and boy, I loved every second of it. Why? Because I must have played Duke Nukem 3D a thousand times between '96 and '03 on the old pentium 2. Superb game back in the mid 90s. And when I started DN forever, I became instantly aware of exactly how much it resembles the style of its predecessor. I'm okay with that, for the sake of nostalgia in fact. Hence my love for this game. Hail to the king, baby!

8/10
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I thought Duke Nukem Forever was a waste of money. I think Dukes time has come and gone. A bit like Steven Segall, in Under Siege, he cut the mustard as an action hero, but today he's over the hill and into the valley.
    I thought Duke Nukem Forever was a waste of money. I think Dukes time has come and gone. A bit like Steven Segall, in Under Siege, he cut the mustard as an action hero, but today he's over the hill and into the valley.
    Duke's forever, baby.

Or at least that's what the title says. ;;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Duke's forever, baby.

Or at least that's what the title says. ;;)
    Forever, because that's how long it looked like it would take for the game to see the light of day. I should have saved myself the money and bought a pre-owned copy of Zero Hour.
  • I've just finished Sly Racoon, as part of The Sly Trilogy on PS3. The game has aged well, although the poor checkpointing and the one hit = death wears very thin very quickly. I managed to platinum it too in one go. I'm now moving onto the second, Sly Cooper: Band of Thieves and the difference between the two is startling.

As part of the PSN returning, Ive also got Dead Nation and WipEout HD. Ive also got Beyond Good and Evil HD to play, as well as AC Brotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit and Fallout New Vegas to do.
    Alice: Madness Returns (Playstation 3)

I only discovered this game yeasteday, so I picked my copy up today. I have not played a great deal of it so, but so far, i'm liking the games sureal gameplay & visuals.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    LA : Noire, and a bit of Red Dead Redemption... Epic ROCKSTAR double feature, it seems !! :-bd
    I bought LA Noire on its release day, beat it a little while after and recently traded it in. I loved the game, 9/10. Only issues I have with it is there isn't much replay value, and the missions get slightly repetitive. I've never traded in a game I'd bought that recently, but I had no idea if I'd ever play it again after I finished it.

I still have Red Dead Redemption because there's a little bit of multiplayer and its still fun to ride around the map and mess around.
    Uncharted 3

I've reached the airfield, and all I can say is.... =D>
    The Adventures Of TinTin

Nice little game, very similar to Duke Nukem Manhattan Project.

Portal 2

Third time I finish this game and I absolutely love it!
    GoldenEye on the Wii just a few minutes ago on online multiplayer, and still a great game.
    However, the last game I played extensively was Batman Arkham City. If you are a Batman fan and enjoyed Arkham Asylum, then City will blow your mind! Without a doubt the best superhero video game of all time.
    I really don't get the love for Arkham City. I though Arkham Asylum was better. Though I did find a use for AC, I took it into GAME, and got Uncharted 3 for £9.99.

Uncharted 3

I finished the game. :-(( Fantastic, just... fantastic. Favourite moments have to be seeing Nate & Sully 20 years ago/ 20 years younger, the Crusie Liner, Cargo Plane and the Canyon Chase.
    @MajorDSmythe: I could see where you thought Asylum was better than City. The story was very straightforward and kept you engaged. However, City just has so many more gadgets, villains, and places to go and things to do. But then again, Asylum was the original, so it could go both ways.
    I loved city the only problem with it was no bat-cave it would been nice to have a bat cave.

I am currently replaying Arkham City and trying to get enough riddle trophies to find out where he is (though I might just wait till I get Xbox live for Christmas to go and download the catwoman pack and just finish up with her.)

with My birthday December 1st i'm hoping to get Reloaded so I can play and beat reloaded.

Annoyingly there doesn't seem to be any video games I'm truly pumped about for next year.

But with Xbox live I'll hopefuly enjoy all the DLC for previous game as well as multiplayer for the bond games which I not only haven't played I'm not 100% sure i'll enjoy it when the time comes for me gaming is single player and multiplayer with people in the same room... but I'm willing to give the play across the net thing a chance (I have to if i want 100% on a few of the games.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty

Just wanted to see the old style on my HD TV so I can compare the new MGS HD Collection tomorrow. WE will see how the frame rates look.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

However, the last game I played extensively was Batman Arkham City. If you are a Batman fan and enjoyed Arkham Asylum, then City will blow your mind! Without a doubt the best superhero video game of all time.

Oh how I wish your theory was true. I am one of the biggest Batman fans you'll see and I was very disappointed in Arkham City. My problems stem from the plot and how the villains were set up. While I didn't expect each villain to get an equal amount of time in the game the least Rocksteady could have done was flesh out their bigger named players like Penguin, Two Face, and Freeze before you fight them and don't see them again. I was majorly disappointed by this because so many things could have been done in its place. The boss fights are still crap, just not as crap. I hated the Freeze fight because you basically run around for five minutes in disarray when suddenly Batman gets sent all the counterattacks to beat Freeze with. That took all the fun out of actually beating the guy and I felt no different from Spiderman at the end of the fight. Some villains(I won't spoil) are there just to be there quite frankly, and offer nothing to the plot but a wink to the fanboys. A good way to give a wink to fanboys is add exposition Rocksteady, not just pile tons of empty villains out on us. The plot continued to sink this game in my opinion. I have heard in reviews "great plot", "amazing story", blah blah blah. It isn't the least bit true. So Strange is put in charge of Arkham City by Quincy Sharp, now mayor and known to have and has evidence to prove his psychotic tendencies. So wouldn't you be slightly concerned about him not only running Gotham but also in planning to build and succeed in making Arkham City? I find it hard to believe no one stepped in to stop the whole coup, especially when Bruce Wayne himself is put inside, a name renowned the world over. Yet no one came to stop Strange and Sharp. Reaching to the climax I just rolled my eyes. I won't spoil but it is all so improbable. Someone should start a discussion thread on Batman Arkham City so I can fully lay out my points on it. Some of the things saving me from tossing the disc in anger was the old but still fun challenges in combat and predator modes. Some side missions were creative and added a nice brake from the plot at times. The combat is still fun as ever even with all the unnecessary gadgets thrown in which I never use in the challenge modes or campaign. I enjoyed the strategy involved in some parts of the campaign and predator modes dealing with taking care of henchmen silently, and some moments were done really well in the story, most notably the ending. I wish Joker had a bigger presence in the start, but he makes up for it in the last half regardless. If Mark decides to retire and leave voicing Joker altogether I can't think of a better way to send him out. Overall, Batman AC is nowhere near as good as Asylum. Too many characters got shafted from the story, while others didn't get the time they deserved. Asylum also had a straightforward story that wasn't so jumbled up with villains as AC is. AC also lacks anther thing(no way right?!) that Asylum did perfectly: Surprise. When Asylum was close to release no one expected an actual good Batman game. The odds were not in favor of it, and no one did any real coverage on the plot to my memory. So I, like other Batman fans went in not knowing what villains would appear in the plot. We sat back and got surprised by the quality of the tale and the gameplay that was fresh and had never been seen before in a Batman game or done so well. Then Batman AC rolls around, and Rocksteady are famous now for their dark horse of success, Asylum, from 2009. Now everyone wanted to see what was next, and the spoilers as to who would appear in the game were hefty. We were told of a 20+ hour campaign and another 20+ hours for the side missions. Through trailers and interviews we were told all the villains who would appear in the main line up and it was spoiled about most "hidden" and "extra" baddies who would appear in smaller roles. So I went into Batman AC, knowing who to expect and familiar with the gameplay. The surprise was gone, and the so called 20+hour campaign and equally as long side missions took me no time at all, and I was soon looking on to Uncharted 3. I played it to its fullest, got a lot of trophies, played a lot of the challenge modes, and then I was finished for the time being. I still stare at the case angry that it wasn't better. I have no urge to put it back in my PS3, especially when Uncharted 3 has my full attention.

I've ranted, said my piece, and now I'll leave you all with my thoughts. Take it for what it is but by word of mouth Batman AC has turned into an over-hyped title that doesn't innovate far at all from Asylum and sure as hell doesn't top that gem of a game. Sometimes less is truly more, and I hope Rocksteady stick to their decisions they made in AC and don't go to big in the next game. Once you go Arkham City you can't really go much bigger. And no to space! That is out of the question, even to Batman.

*By the way, I was thinking of staring an Uncharted 3 discussion thread for those that have completed the campaign. I don't want to spoil anything for you guys. It is a special and innovative title that every PS3 ownere should experience fresh and free of spoilers. Let me know in this thread if any of you would be interested in participating in the thread. Thanks! ;-)

Oh how I wish your theory was true. I am one of the biggest Batman fans you'll see and I was very disappointed in Arkham City. My problems stem from the plot and how the villains were set up. While I didn't expect each villain to get an equal amount of time in the game the least Rocksteady could have done was flesh out their bigger named players like Penguin, Two Face, and Freeze before you fight them and don't see them again. I was majorly disappointed by this because so many things could have been done in its place. The boss fights are still crap, just not as crap. I hated the Freeze fight because you basically run around for five minutes in disarray when suddenly Batman gets sent all the counterattacks to beat Freeze with. That took all the fun out of actually beating the guy and I felt no different from Spiderman at the end of the fight. Some villains(I won't spoil) are there just to be there quite frankly, and offer nothing to the plot but a wink to the fanboys. A good way to give a wink to fanboys is add exposition Rocksteady, not just pile tons of empty villains out on us. The plot continued to sink this game in my opinion. I have heard in reviews "great plot", "amazing story", blah blah blah. It isn't the least bit true. So Strange is put in charge of Arkham City by Quincy Sharp, now mayor and known to have and has evidence to prove his psychotic tendencies. So wouldn't you be slightly concerned about him not only running Gotham but also in planning to build and succeed in making Arkham City? I find it hard to believe no one stepped in to stop the whole coup, especially when Bruce Wayne himself is put inside, a name renowned the world over. Yet no one came to stop Strange and Sharp. Reaching to the climax I just rolled my eyes. I won't spoil but it is all so improbable. Someone should start a discussion thread on Batman Arkham City so I can fully lay out my points on it. Some of the things saving me from tossing the disc in anger was the old but still fun challenges in combat and predator modes. Some side missions were creative and added a nice brake from the plot at times. The combat is still fun as ever even with all the unnecessary gadgets thrown in which I never use in the challenge modes or campaign. I enjoyed the strategy involved in some parts of the campaign and predator modes dealing with taking care of henchmen silently, and some moments were done really well in the story, most notably the ending. I wish Joker had a bigger presence in the start, but he makes up for it in the last half regardless. If Mark decides to retire and leave voicing Joker altogether I can't think of a better way to send him out. Overall, Batman AC is nowhere near as good as Asylum. Too many characters got shafted from the story, while others didn't get the time they deserved. Asylum also had a straightforward story that wasn't so jumbled up with villains as AC is. AC also lacks anther thing(no way right?!) that Asylum did perfectly: Surprise. When Asylum was close to release no one expected an actual good Batman game. The odds were not in favor of it, and no one did any real coverage on the plot to my memory. So I, like other Batman fans went in not knowing what villains would appear in the plot. We sat back and got surprised by the quality of the tale and the gameplay that was fresh and had never been seen before in a Batman game or done so well. Then Batman AC rolls around, and Rocksteady are famous now for their dark horse of success, Asylum, from 2009. Now everyone wanted to see what was next, and the spoilers as to who would appear in the game were hefty. We were told of a 20+ hour campaign and another 20+ hours for the side missions. Through trailers and interviews we were told all the villains who would appear in the main line up and it was spoiled about most "hidden" and "extra" baddies who would appear in smaller roles. So I went into Batman AC, knowing who to expect and familiar with the gameplay. The surprise was gone, and the so called 20+hour campaign and equally as long side missions took me no time at all, and I was soon looking on to Uncharted 3. I played it to its fullest, got a lot of trophies, played a lot of the challenge modes, and then I was finished for the time being. I still stare at the case angry that it wasn't better. I have no urge to put it back in my PS3, especially when Uncharted 3 has my full attention.

I've ranted, said my piece, and now I'll leave you all with my thoughts. Take it for what it is but by word of mouth Batman AC has turned into an over-hyped title that doesn't innovate far at all from Asylum and sure as hell doesn't top that gem of a game. Sometimes less is truly more, and I hope Rocksteady stick to their decisions they made in AC and don't go to big in the next game. Once you go Arkham City you can't really go much bigger. And no to space! That is out of the question, even to Batman.

*By the way, I was thinking of staring an Uncharted 3 discussion thread for those that have completed the campaign. I don't want to spoil anything for you guys. It is a special and innovative title that every PS3 ownere should experience fresh and free of spoilers. Let me know in this thread if any of you would be interested in participating in the thread. Thanks! ;-)
    sorry you didn't like it I'm a huge batman fan (so much so I can tell you who was behind the cowl in the comics in 2009 and 2010 and most of 2011 can you?) and I loved it.

personally i can see the story was slightly weak but I feel the atmosphere the side missions and much better boss fights (my biggest complaint with asylum) is why I loved it so much.

Plus Hugo Strange ra's al ghul and (spoilers)

Clayface

(end of spoilers)

all were creepy and well executed would I have loved for them to have more of a presence sure but I'm happy with them being there.

Next game I'm already hoping for certain villains to come back (Mr Freeze definitely also I'd like Ra's back yes I know the ending but it's ra's) and for new villains to be introduced (Black mask had a cameo but id' like him to have a presence)
    I've been playing Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, because that's not right. I've beaten it 3 times already. Everyone with a PS3 needs to play all of the Uncharted games. Everyone without a PS3 needs to buy one and play all of the Uncharted games.

There is definitely a huge Bond influence in Uncharted 3. One of the major set-pieces was taken from a Bond film (I won't tell you which one), but it's epic.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've been playing Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, because that's not right. I've beaten it 3 times already. Everyone with a PS3 needs to play all of the Uncharted games. Everyone without a PS3 needs to buy one and play all of the Uncharted games.
    Amen. PS3 for life! \m/
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694

sorry you didn't like it I'm a huge batman fan (so much so I can tell you who was behind the cowl in the comics in 2009 and 2010 and most of 2011 can you?) and I loved it.
    I don't care to know. The new story lines have been garbage, and that is an insult to garbage. I am a fan of the origin stories, Bruce's life/how he came to be, the animated series, the graphic novels, the films of Burton and Nolan, and video games. Anything else is waste. Just DC pushing out the same thing to consumers.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Amen. PS3 for life! \m/
    quite happy with my 360 currently.. but thanks for the heads up

:)>-
    I just had a retro session with my PS2 and played some Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect. They both still hold up incredibly well and I hope the rumors of a TS4 are true
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wait, the mgs hd collection is out? In the uk???

Last games I played were GE reloaded, battlefield 3, modern warfare 3 and unchartered 3.

The unchartered games are too epic for words, especially UC3. This game is just ridiculously amazing. I love TLD homage and I just love the cinematic feel it has.

Battle field 3 to me was a load of nonsense, traded it in for mw3 and I gotta say, mw3 is AWESOME!
    I just don't get the fascination with all the war games and shoot kill, kill, maim. I own a PS3 and I play the sports games with them. I am fond of NCAA football. friends tell me I should try other games because of the high price tag on a PS3 but sorry , I have no desire to pass my time blowing up things and killing folks.
    If you were really "in country" you'd be less apt to "play war".
    Just got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in the mail today. Tomorrow will be an all day event!! I will brief you on the particulars later.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    The latest Call of Duty. I didn't buy it so I'm thankful for that.

I should pick up a few more before Christmas providing they are cheap enough.
    I just bought MW3 on amazon.com for $51 a few nights ago, it should be here soon!!!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just don't get the fascination with all the war games and shoot kill, kill, maim. I own a PS3 and I play the sports games with them. I am fond of NCAA football. friends tell me I should try other games because of the high price tag on a PS3 but sorry , I have no desire to pass my time blowing up things and killing folks.
    If you were really "in country" you'd be less apt to "play war".
    See, I don't get the fascination with people who are so gung ho with the sports games. Go outside and play real sports.
  • This will the first time I won't buy COD since Modern Warfare 1, and from the looks of it, MW3 is a waste of money.