Skyfall Fan Arts

Comments

• edited November 2011 Posts: 645
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 HAHA, Eventually James Bond will have a reason to go to Dubai! Such an awesome place.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 HAHA, Eventually James Bond will have a reason to go to Dubai! Such an awesome place.
    I agree! A gorgeous and fascinating locale.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited November 2011 Posts: 3,277
    @marketto007 I was thinking, your poster designs are my favorite thus far, Love it!
    Thanks mate.

And great fan art @QBranch, loved the Anniversary logo.

xxx
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 624
    Seeing the anniversary's coming up, here's a throwback:

I love this poster! I don't suppose you have a landscape version for me to use as wallpaper?

Awesome. Just. Awesome.

One thing I haven't been using in my posters and wish I had was the outline of the letter "Q" in the background. I'm seeing some awesome designs with it included.
    http://jolearon.com
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    This isn't exactly a movie poster, just a promotional piece I thought I would do:

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @TopGearJB007

I haven't got a landscape version, but I'll see what I can do! I've nearly finished another 60's style poster which is in landscape format.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Count me in for a landscape version as well! Seeing all this makes me eager to take a shot at this myself, while I should be making a job advertisement for school. Damn you, thirst for Bond-art :-D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @mtm I love this effect, I'm a designer, but have no idea on this one, was this done by an effect on photoshop or manually in photoshop?

I tried a quick painty one; I'm not super-happy with the composition but I thought it might interest you guys.

It's a manual thing; filters don't really work- it was a bit of levels, bit of smudge brush, a bit of painting on top.
    Hence the unique look of it. Extra points for effort!
    I'm not a fan of the movie, but the poster for Live And Let Die was cool. That and From Russia With Love. It would be cool if one of the alternative SkyFall posters took on the classic Bond style, for the diehard fans' appreciation.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,879
    I'm finishing off one similar to them now. :-D
    @mtm thanks, nice work!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 858
    Having a go at this, don't be to harsh please...

Got a high res. and widescreen as well if anyone's interrested?
    @MartinBond I like it! Very classic, reminds of the Brosnan Era though.
    I wouldn't have used that lettering @MartinBond, but it is a great addition to the thread! I look forward to more.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited November 2011 Posts: 2,630
    Great work, peoples!
    Just another promotional poster I did:
    Craig has his back turned, but I can actually still see his beard! Nice!
    Here is my first poster in a while. I didn't go for anything flashy, just outlined the villain and hero of the film in black and white *pun intended*.
    Love these close up pics. Keep 'em coming!
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Another throwback made by me.

• tqbtqb
    very nice Q :D
    Cheers!
    @QBranch Very Nice Throwback!
    Another throwback.

• tqbtqb
    infact if you have a bigger version, i'd save it for my wallpaper :)
    Same here. I've tried thousands of times to make a good "retro" poster, but every time I am baffled by artwork like the above.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @QBranch, that is so good, my friend! Reminds me of LALD and TMWTGG, must be the colour scheme and how everything seems to explode away from the middle. Also love the out of focus gun and the clever use of the QoS "Craig on a bike". Now if we only could get this painted by Bill McGinnis...
    Thanks for the comments, guys.

@tqb

If you copy the image location to a new tab, you'll get the actual size, at 1024 x 724. You should be able to stretch it to your screen without much warping.

@MartinBond

I just take the best elements from various retro posters and work them together into something new. With practice, you'll get there!

@zebrafish

It's inspired by TB and TMWTGG posters, so you're half right! :-D