Which unused Fleming Bond villains would you like to see featured next?

MurdockMurdock The minus world
edited December 2014 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 16,328
With SPECTRE on the way and Blofeld most likely being the villain. Who would you like to see Bond face next?

Buonaparte Ignace Gallia (Since this name was never used in LALD I'd say it's fair game to use in the future.)

Jack and Seraffimo Spang (DAF)

General Grubozaboyschikov (FRWL)

Colonel Von Hammerstein (FYEO)

Mr. Sanguinetti (TSWLM)

Maria Freudenstein (Property of a Lady)

I'd personally like to see Bond take on the Spang Brothers. I'd like to see Bond take on the Mafia. Have him team up with Felix to take them down.

Who do you think should be featured next?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Anyone?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Sorry old boy, but none of them really float my boat. Although Ignace Gallia might work.
    Well, all of them, really. If it had not been for getting the rights back for Blofeld, I was advocating to use General G as a nemesis.
    General G would have been interesting if it wasn't for the fact that Bond has faced of with so many Russian generals throughout the years. Lets wait a bit with him I think...

Sanguinetti... we don't really know much about. The information about him in the book is pretty limited if I don't remember incorrectly. Hard to say...

The Spang Brothers seem like the ideal choice. Big and powerful, and there's a potential to tie them up with crimes politics on a more global scale. Hammerstein is another villain I personally find very interesting.
    jobo wrote: »
    General G would have been interesting if it wasn't for the fact that Bond has faced of with so many Russian generals throughout the years. Lets wait a bit with him I think...

Sanguinetti... we don't really know much about. The information about him in the book is pretty limited if I don't remember incorrectly. Hard to say...

The Spang Brothers seem like the ideal choice. Big and powerful, and there's a potential to tie them up with crimes politics on a more global scale. Hammerstein is another villain I personally find very interesting.

Really, that many? Russians as main villains have been fairly rare. Far rarer than, say, evil businessmen.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Loelia Ponsonby. As Blofeld, of course.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Ludovico wrote: »

Really, that many? Russians as main villains have been fairly rare. Far rarer than, say, evil businessmen.

Yes, I'd say so. You're right that they have rarely been the main villain of the story. But still, Russian generals is a pretty tired topic in Bond. We have had them in many different versions... I wonder what they'd do to make G stand out, especially considering the fact that he is such a stereotypical character in the first place. I always laugh a bit when I read about him in From Russia With Love. Its like Fleming uses every stereotype and clichéd caricature he could think of regarding the Russian intelligence system. :) Its pretty amusing to read, but wouldn't fit well in modern cinema.
    General G would need to be upgraded, obviously. This is why I advocated for him in lieu of Blofeld when the rights to Blofeld were not secure: use elements of both to create a modern General G and a new nemesis for Bond. He was not developed much in the novel, so there was room for development and interpretation in the films.

I would not say that Russian generals as main villains have been used much in Bond movies, ironically enough. But they have been used ad nauseam in many, many, many action movies. Rogue Russian generals, even more so. Not talking about all the other generals and Medrano of this world... So he would need to stand out. I thought about making him a sort of Keyser Soze villain, someone nobody knows truly exists at first. Again, you can see the Blofeld influence in there too.

But anyway, when the Blofeld arch ends (it will end some day), they ca surely use General Grubozaboischikov, the Spangs, Buonaparte Ignace Gallia, etc. Ian Fleming did gave us more characters to use in upcoming movies.
  • None of the above. I'd like to see Sluggsy Morant done faithfully. Great name and one of Fleming's greatest creations. I'd also love to see a faithful version of Milton Krest. Give him a new name of course. Say, Magnus Kohn.
    None of the above. I'd like to see Sluggsy Morant done faithfully. Great name and one of Fleming's greatest creations. I'd also love to see a faithful version of Milton Krest. Give him a new name of course. Say, Magnus Kohn.

Greetings. Long time no see.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    None of the above. I'd like to see Sluggsy Morant done faithfully. Great name and one of Fleming's greatest creations. I'd also love to see a faithful version of Milton Krest. Give him a new name of course. Say, Magnus Kohn.

Greetings. Long time no see.

Likewise. I do more lurking than posting these days, but I'm sure once SP comes out, I'll be on automatic mode.

;)

Murdock wrote:
    With SPECTRE on the way and Blofeld most likely being the villain. Who would you like to see Bond face next?

Buonaparte Ignace Gallia (Since this name was never used in LALD I'd say it's fair game to use in the future.)

Jack and Seraffimo Spang (DAF)

General Grubozaboyschikov (FRWL)

Colonel Von Hammerstein (FYEO)

Mr. Sanguinetti (TSWLM)

Maria Freudenstein (Property of a Lady)

I'd personally like to see Bond take on the Spang Brothers. I'd like to see Bond take on the Mafia. Have him team up with Felix to take them down.

Who do you think should be featured next?

all of them eventually
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Well, all of them, really. If it had not been for getting the rights back for Blofeld, I was advocating to use General G as a nemesis.

Agreed. All of them. Add Slugsy and Horror to the mix too.

And people say there's no Fleming material to work on anymore.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'd like to see Hugo Drax and Mr. Big accurately portrayed. They were so much more developed, fearsome, complex and larger than life in the novels.

They would need to change the name of the first. And maybe MR has been hacked to pieces too much, in too many movies. But I would love to see it too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Spangled Mob. Have it set in NY instead of Saratoga and call it 007 IN NEW YORK.
    The Spangled Mob. Have it set in NY instead of Saratoga and call it 007 IN NEW YORK.

DON'T call it 007 in New York. Crappy title and makes me think of Hercules in New York ;)
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 7,500
    BAIN123 wrote: »

DON'T call it 007 in New York. Crappy title and makes me think of Hercules in New York ;)

Agreed. Sounds more like a cartoon. "Tintin in Tibet/Kongo/America (etc)", "Asterix in Rome/Brittain/America/Spain/Switzerland (etc)"....
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Agreed. Sounds more like a cartoon. "Tintin in Tibet/Kongo/America (etc)", "Asterix in Rome/Brittain/America/Spain/Switzerland (etc)"....

It is the one title of Fleming I don't think fits a movie at all.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I disagree completely. I think that 007 IN NEW YORK is an outstanding title. Very pulpy. I'd love it.

Too pulpy. Maybe if they were to make a proper b movie Bond like they did with say LALD. Otherwise no.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited May 2015 Posts: 45,489

Great childhood memory.
    007 In New York as a title doesn't work....theres no glamour or intrigue. 'Risico', 'The Hildebrand Rairity' (although named after a fish), or 'The Property Of a Lady' all work though....
    I suppose it sort of works as a title for a short story or a half hour Bond adventure on television, but as a full-length film I just can't see it. Those outside the hard-core fan-base wouldn't take it seriously.
    Exactly.
    Can't see it happening though.
    Only one director could get away with his film being titled 007 in New York and that is Chris Nolan
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The use of any of these currently unused Fleming Bond villains would be great to see in my book.
    I love 007 in New York as a title, however I like commercial success as well and I'm not sure we can have both.
    Same with The Hikdebrand Rarity I Fear
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 686
    Why Not Piotr Malinowski?