Ian Fleming's 'Seven Deadlier Sins'

2»

Comments

• 007InVT007InVT Classified
    That would be cool, I agree. Maybe we could make a new thread, gauge interest from any would-be authors on the forum?

Anyone is welcome to submit fan fiction here: http://literary007.com/category/literary-007/fan-fiction/

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's definitely a proposition I would consider, I'd just like to know what kind of ideas you had planned for us if we chose to join this enterprise, @007InVT.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Check your inbox 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @007InVT Can I do so as well?
    Just resurrecting this thread to let everyone know that Artistic Licence Renewed has been running a series of articles on Ian Fleming's 7 Deadlier Sins and how they apply to the Bond novels. Six sins have been covered so far, the most recent addition being "Cruelty," by yours truly. Since Fleming's books are so often described as "sex, sadism, and snobbery," I try to determine how guilty Fleming was of sadism, i.e. cruelty. My verdict is that Fleming was certainly sadomasochistic toward his hero, but not a true sadist overall...
    This is a fabulous article from @ Revelator and Literary007.com (formerly Artistic Licence Renewed) has become PussyNoMore's go to web site for all thinks book Bond.
    The contributions are just in a different league. Frankly it leaves IFP's own site for dead.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Revelator, thanks for the great content, as always. Whenever I get around to revisiting the books, your site is one of the main places I'll be reading.
    Thanks very much for the kind words gentlemen--there are very few places online where you can find literary criticism and studies of Fleming, so I'm glad to help ALR fill the gap.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Great stuff again, @Revelator and a great site that is.

I hope to add a few new articles to my own TBB site soon too.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I hope to add a few new articles to my own TBB site soon too.

I look forward to reading them! One must all keep plugging away and take to heart Watson and Holmes's conversation in "The Adventure of the Creeping Man":
    “We can but try.”
    “Excellent, Watson! Compound of the Busy Bee and Excelsior. We can but try–-the motto of the firm."