Bond 25 Speculation Thread (May contain SPOILERS so enter at own risk)

NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 7,567
As requested this thread can be used to take a stab at what you consider may be included in the next Bond film based on what we know about Spectre.

Please remember this is speculation and guess work only. Any spoilers regarding Spectre must be tagged. Respect members who are trying to avoid plot spoilers for the current production.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Understood, old chap. So, if anything should be the case, all we know about the 25th entry according to the script leak that some of has read, is that, with your permission and respectful manners, I shall reveal that...
    JAMES BOND WILL RETURN

Read at your own risk.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    I started my own production diary thread for Bond 25 a couple of months ago. One of the mods closed it because it was too early and said it would be reopened once B25 goes into production.
    My prediction: Bond 25 will be released in 2018 the very earliest. Christopher Nolan will direct, and Daniel Craig won't return.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    My release date prediction: Friday, November 2, 2018.
    I think Chris Nolan will direct and Daniel will return.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Another 3 years gap is too much. I guess 2017
  • Another 3 years gap is too much. I guess 2017

Depends if anyone is working now on reworking whatever work Logan did for Bond 25.
    According to the leaks
    Bond 25 will be out in 2017 and considering the end of spectre with and this is from the leaks blofeld/Oberhauser being arrested and bond leaving the service to settle down with Swann one assumes both of those cliffhangers will be dealt with

I think Nolan is a safe bet and I would be happy with him Tony Gilroy (Bourne legacy) is still my number one choice with Pierre Morrel (taken) and Juame collet-Serra (non-stop and unknown) tied for number two and Nolan at number three

I believe Craig will return

And I am hoping for another Fleming title
    @Risico007
    How are those cliffhangers? Bond leaving MI6 to settle down with Swann, and Blofeld being arrested are the PERFECT ending to the Craig era.
    My prediction: Bond 25 will be released in 2018 the very earliest. Christopher Nolan will direct, and Daniel Craig won't return.

I think/ hope that all three points are wrong haha
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    I started my own production diary thread for Bond 25 a couple of months ago. One of the mods closed it because it was too early and said it would be reopened once B25 goes into production.

I looked at that thread Jake, and thought it would be useful as a genuine Production timeline thread, rather than a speculation thread. So it can return later.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A 2018 release date is ridiculous. There's no reason why Bond 25 can't come out in 2017, irrespective of how big these productions are. It's nonsense. The script process taking forever is BS. They managed to overhaul the original mess that was the SP script in months after Logan took his sweet arse time with it.
    @Risico007
    How are those cliffhangers? Bond leaving MI6 to settle down with Swann, and Blofeld being arrested are the PERFECT ending to the Craig era.
    The Craig era will end with a yolt-esque ending, just as SP will end with a OHMSS wedding ending
    @Risico007
    Because it's not the end of the Craig era for one and two blofeld staying alive kind of a big issue considering now he will want revenge as for Swann well yeah she is going to die at the hands of blofeld
    Risico007 wrote: »
    According to the leaks
    Bond 25 will be out in 2017 and considering the end of spectre with and this is from the leaks blofeld/Oberhauser being arrested and bond leaving the service to settle down with Swann one assumes both of those cliffhangers will be dealt with

I think Nolan is a safe bet and I would be happy with him Tony Gilroy (Bourne legacy) is still my number one choice with Pierre Morrel (taken) and Juame collet-Serra (non-stop and unknown) tied for number two and Nolan at number three

I believe Craig will return

And I am hoping for another Fleming title
    Well I now know yet another major SPECTRE spoiler. Thanks for that.
    Remember that little rule how all leaks related discussions have to be discussed in the leaks thread?
    When you said "according the leaks" I presumed it was something about the release date.
    Jake dude this is about Bond 25 and I put it in spoilers for a reason. I am sorry but the thread title did warn enter at your own risk
    I was actually already thinking of leaving the forum for a while, but now, as it appears there are no more SPECTRE spoilers for me to find out, I guess I'm staying after all. I'm so pissed off right now. I now know 5 major spoilers all because of people being irresponsible. I was hoping to at least have some shock value when seeing SPECTRE for the first time. Oh well!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,548
    Bond 25 will pick up where SP leaves off, as part of a two-film arc. Assuming SP breaks SF's BO numbers (and I think it will):

Craig is back.
    Waltz is back.
    Mendes is back.

This time, it will be a summer release, for the first time since 1989. In 2018.

jake24 wrote: »
    I was actually already thinking of leaving the forum for a while, but now, as it appears there are no more SPECTRE spoilers for me to find out, I guess I'm staying after all. I'm so pissed off right now. I now know 5 major spoilers all because of people being irresponsible. I was hoping to at least have some shock value when seeing SPECTRE for the first time. Oh well!

Dude I put it in a spoiler thing for a reason I apologize but again Don't click on spoilers if you don't want to know spoilers.

anyways here is how I think/hope things will go

December 2015 Jez Butterworth Neal Purvis and Robert wade announced as writers
    January-March 2016 a lot of unsubstantiated rumors and gossip
    April 2016 Pierre Morrel announced as director November 2017 date announced
    May-June 2016 rumors of locations
    July New York City Cape Town South Africa and Australia are confirmed as locations
    August-October rumors of cast and title fly around
    November Bond 25 is The Property of a Lady principal cast is announced David Arnold Returns to score
    December The Property of a lady starts filming in London
    January-February TPOAL films in South Africa
    February- March TPOAL films in Australia
    March-April Filming happens in New York City
    May First trailer is released
    July Second Trailer is released
    August Muse is announced to do the theme song
    September third and final trailer is released
    November TPOAL is released and does amazing
    December Craig announces he will do 2 more films.
    My timeline:
    Late 2016: Christopher Nolan is announced to write+direct BOND 25
    Spring 2017: Bond actor nr. 7 is officially announced
    Autumn 2017: title+cast announced, filming begins
    Late 2018: premiere of Bond 25
    If SP goes over a billion, Craig will be so fully identified as Bond all over the world, that EON would be nuts to change such a successful Bond if they could still get Craig to do at least one more. The story line with Swann and Blowfeld in SP also seems like the 1st of a 2 parter, even if EON denies it. They understandably deny everything.

EON also will not want to deal with the pressure to cast Elba (from Elba himself who has been pushing for the role for 2 years and political elements particularly in the US). Getting Craig to do one more will easily knock Elba out of contention simply because of his age. EON may well go for a dramatic change and cast a black actor for Bond 7, but it certainly won't be one who will be pushing 50 before they even film his first Bond. Elba is 15 years to old for the role.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2015 Posts: 5,834
    I agree @smitty, plus I like to think we'd get some pre-warning from EON on Craig's departure rather than releasing Spectre and then being like "Oh, by the way, that was Craig's last movie."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Today EON won't bow down to pressure. Elba will never be Bond. Plain and Simple.
    Agreed Craig will be bond in Bond 25
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, no one knows the future regarding to that of the franchise apart from EON. Didn't everyone expect Brosnan to do his fifth Bond at the time? But, we were proved to be wrong later. So, you never know...
    I'm pretty sure Craig will do Bond 25. Unless Spectre really bombs at the box office I can't see him passing up bond 25. As for the release date. I am hoping it out in 2017. I want the 2 year gap back. Bond 24 the producers wanted it to be out in 2014 but waited another year to get Mendes back. I hope they either have him locked up already so they can get Bond 25 out for 2017 or they are another director locked up
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 5,745
    So nobody on here has caught this, but the guy in this video brings up a good point:

In FRWL, Blofeld demonstrates the strategy of SPECTRE with two fighting fish. He explains how he pits the two groups against each other until one is the victor, but weakened by battle. Then the now-weakened group is easier to overcome, and he feeds the victorious fish to his cat.
    We know SPECTRE will feature a struggling MI6 being taken over by MI5, headed by the questionable C. Is it perhaps a SPECTRE plot to take out MI6, and in the process distract and even weaken MI5 and British Defense to make it easier for the "master plan"?
    I'm tip-toeing into this thread because I am hoping to avoid major spoilers (like when a friend of mine write to be hour before I saw Skyfall to tell me that M dies). However, I have one nagging concern over the SPECTRE trailer. This may have been discussed already and I glossed over it to avoid spoilers, but: Doesn't it seem like Bond has a long-lost brother or childhood friend (in the burned photo). A friend/brother who becomes (possibly -- I haven't read the spoilers) Blofeld. And if so, isn't that the underlying plot for Mike Meyer's Dr.. Evil. (Austin and Dr. Evil are brothers). I sincerely hope this isn't the case; it would feel silly given the Austin Powers reference.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    writer5150 wrote: »
    I'm tip-toeing into this thread because I am hoping to avoid major spoilers (like when a friend of mine write to be hour before I saw Skyfall to tell me that M dies). However, I have one nagging concern over the SPECTRE trailer. This may have been discussed already and I glossed over it to avoid spoilers, but: Doesn't it seem like Bond has a long-lost brother or childhood friend (in the burned photo). A friend/brother who becomes (possibly -- I haven't read the spoilers) Blofeld. And if so, isn't that the underlying plot for Mike Meyer's Dr.. Evil. (Austin and Dr. Evil are brothers). I sincerely hope this isn't the case; it would feel silly given the Austin Powers reference.

Good point.
    Or if they are going down this path, they should definitely have Michael Caine be Bond's/Blofeld's father. :-SS
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Well, no one knows the future regarding to that of the franchise apart from EON. Didn't everyone expect Brosnan to do his fifth Bond at the time? But, we were proved to be wrong later. So, you never know...

Well, DAD had jumped the shark and the series needed a fresh start. Moreover - correct me if I'm wrong - Craig has signed a contract for a fifth, whereas Brosnan only had an option; Barbara Broccoli said she wants to keep Craig as much as they can, something I doubt she ever said aboit Brosnan. Lastly, Craig is a much more popular Bond among the public (and this is said by me who regards Brosnan as the best Bond actor).
This discussion has been closed.