SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

How accurate are these lightened images?
    The image will be accurate. The information is always present in darkened images which can be adjusted to bring in the details whereas overexposed images just burn out and can't deliver any extra content. I would say the black blotch over Waltz's face could very well be an additional post production tweak to ensure it's difficult to make out fully in the trailer.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    How accurate are these lightened images?
    Well, I've played around with the darker teaser screen shots in Photoshop, adjusting the brightness etc. What do you mean by accurate, in this sense?

andmcit wrote: »
    Has there been another attack on Mi6? Looking at the trailer still and the real thing there's a damned sight more disturbed and missing than the SF explosion of M's office with the upper wing / verandah glazed sections:

73349.jpg

There's another explanation: Refurbishing efforts sometimes take a long time after such an explosion. Parts of the building that still look fine, could actually also be damaged. Concrete is very perceptable for heat as you know. The strength of the material will always be severely damaged during heats from fire or explosions. In order to fully re-construct and rebuild the building, some parts need to be demolished deliberately as well.

This is how it works in construction business.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Here's another 'explanation'...it's a movie.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,619
    Well said. Here they had a choice between being realistic & not dramatic, and being little less realistic but dramatic. I think they made the right choice.
    Like I said about 6 hours ago, this is where real life and film storytelling will be poles apart. Can't let pass up an opportunity for a symbolic portrayal of the state of Mi6 than Bond motoring past the battered ruins of Emm's broken office.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Another explanation is, a lot of the effects will be worked on in Post Production. Whilst they are still filming, I reckon that the effect on the Vauxhall building will be different in the final film that what we have seen in the teaser.
  • andmcit wrote: »
    Like I said about 6 hours ago, this is where real life and film storytelling will be poles apart. Can't let pass up an opportunity for a symbolic portrayal of the state of Mi6 than Bond motoring past the battered ruins of Emm's broken office.

The funny thing is that in Paris, you'd have had a huge Omega ad to hide the ruin while it's being rebuilt :) But, well, you've got no "ads" in the street in movies (it helps make them look less dated, as a matter of fact, so it's a very good thing)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

The funny thing is that in Paris, you'd have had a huge Omega ad to hide the ruin while it's being rebuilt :) But, well, you've got no "ads" in the street in movies (it helps make them look less dated, as a matter of fact, so it's a very good thing)
    I did notice this when I was in Paris in December. I thought it was quite bizarre.
    ;)
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 220
    Found on web, the Lego version of Spectre teaser (credits to the authors): impressive work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/75iHhi1JCG0"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,021
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Found on web, the Lego version of Spectre teaser (credits to the authors): impressive work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/75iHhi1JCG0"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

excellent. although they should have included a lego bulldog on the table in Bond's apartment.

• edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Lio007 wrote: »

excellent. although they should have included a lego bulldog on the table in Bond's apartment.

Ooowh my god :-P. I'm laughing my balls off :-P! Absolutely wunderful LEGO-take on the teaser trailer. "SPECTRE" has absolutely gone viral since that teaser trailer premiered. Thank YOU LEGO ;-)!

By the way, the guy who did this did not make a LEGO trailer from "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation", "Furious 7" and "Kingsman: The Secret Service" yet...
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 84
    you tube

great point)))

I really get amused/slightly concerned how some people feel that detail in a piece of fiction needs to be so accurate.....the worst i ever saw was the debate about how the DB5 as was from goldfinger could get dropped in to SF without explanation.....IT DIDNT MATTER.......

And as for this shot of Mi6.....okay lets be realistic and cover it in scaffolding and sheets....not exactly interesting is it.....
    I totally get your points about the whole larger than life feel making Bond better.

We're all simply reacting to the symbolism or timing of the mi6 ruins in the trailer. No more no less.

Is it weeks and months or years since Silva redecorated the place? Is Mi6 basically shut down and only a shadow of its former self desk sharing adhoc in Whitehall or still in their dungeon mk2 offices?

I just find it all fascinating and am not trying to put it through a reality filter!
    @andmcit, feel free to ponder, as a student of both bond books and films since i was 4 with LALD i prefer to run with the film as the director shows us.....its there, it is how it is.... but i admire your inquisitive mind :D
    "redecorated" love it!

I think you nailed it.

• Did we even get a glimpse of MI6 after the explosion in Skyfall?
    No, I don't recall an appearance after M watches the explosion from Vauxhall Bridge. Could be the footage shown in the trailer was a cut scene from SF?
    No, I don't recall an appearance after M watches the explosion from Vauxhall Bridge. Could be the footage shown in the trailer was a cut scene from SF?

It is shown (smoking) in the CNN footage that brings Bond back to London.
    So there may have been more fire damage than we initially saw on screen, which wouldn't make major structural damage out of the question
    JCRendle wrote: »
    So there may have been more fire damage than we initially saw on screen, which wouldn't make major structural damage out of the question

Well it was a gas explosion.. he hacked the pipes and blew them up.. so as the fire spread it is likely more pipes exploded throughout the building.

Not that it matters.. it's just a movie.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    The Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation Trailer has 6 603 570 views at the moment and the SPECTRE teaser trailer that came out after the Trailer for Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation has a staggering 6 860 230.

I've checked a couple of sources and rewatching a video from the same IP address doesn't count as one more view.
  • RC7RC7
    Birdleson wrote: »
    In other words, I'd rather go down with a quality film than sink to the level of mass appeal.

Couldn't agree more.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RC7 wrote: »
    In other words, I'd rather go down with a quality film than sink to the level of mass appeal.

Couldn't agree more.

Seconded. These are both exceptional, long running franchises and I'm chuffed at what they've both been able to achieve these past few years - critically and commercially.

Having said that, some of my favourite Bond movies have been the less financially successful ones so in a way I'd prefer less downloads - although from what I've been reading I think SP is going to be one of those Bond movies that hits all the sweet spots and is commercially/critically successful when it's all said and done.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    Box office is the "icing on the cake". The quality of the film is first and foremost. However if SPECTRE is even more successful than Skyfall, critically and financially, it will inevitably top box office records. There's no reason why it shouldn't.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    aaron819 wrote: »
    The Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation Trailer has 6 603 570 views at the moment and the SPECTRE teaser trailer that came out after the Trailer for Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation has a staggering 6 860 230.

I've checked a couple of sources and rewatching a video from the same IP address doesn't count as one more view.
    And that's not counting the international versions on page too. Out of interest, did Rogue Nation post international versions of their trailer?
    My point is, I don't care one bit if it does. This idea of fans tracking box office (any film fans) was not even heard of until the late '80s. It' silly, the studios have somehow gotten their fan base to care about the bottom line. I'd rather that Bond films weren't the big blockbusters of the year. I'd rather they weren't made to appeal to the widest demographics.

Box office does matter in the relation to the budget, and should matter for fans too. If I end up loving Spectre, I would want it to make a ton of money, because then the producers would probably want to make the next one similar to it. On the other hand, if I end up disliking Spectre, then I will hope its box office performace will dissappoint, becasue then the producers would probably want to shake things up for Bond 25.
    My point is, I don't care one bit if it does. This idea of fans tracking box office (any film fans) was not even heard of until the late '80s. It' silly, the studios have somehow gotten their fan base to care about the bottom line. I'd rather that Bond films weren't the big blockbusters of the year. I'd rather they weren't made to appeal to the widest demographics.

Doesn't it evoke a sense of pride? For me personally it does. And also, ai like every aspect of the Bond franchise. Foremost, the actual films! And indeed, the quality of it is the most important element. But we live in this cyber era, if you want it or not. And when I am not watching a Bond film, when I need to wait for months until a new one comes out, I'd like to indulge in other aspects of this massive family-franchise. And one of those aspects is the marketing of it, the box office.

I loved "Skyfall". I think it's in the TOP 5 of my favorite Bond films. And if afterwards this particular website, MI6-HQ, tracks down other aspects, like the awards, or the box office, then I get excited about that as well. It's the entire aura of the Bond-franchise that can really fuel me up. I love it.

Call me a geek, but I think I'm not the only one. Let there be a battle between trailers. Let there be fans tracking it. It enhances the magic surrounding the Bond franchise. Especially since Daniel Craig stepped in the shoes of 007 :-).