SPECTRE UK RELEASE DATE

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    JCRendle wrote: »
    A member of Archivo007 had queried the release date on the Empire Magazine's forums.
    http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3736698
    I'll keep an eye on the forum, see if any of the staff have any answers...

;) We are trying to solve this puzzle! No answer yet... :D
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 150
    @jake24 @JCRendle hi guys, it was me who posted the facebook reply from Bond's official f/b page, confirming Nov. 6. today's comments in the trailer thread about the head of the German fan club receiving a different answer from Sony/EON, make things muddy again and the lack of a UK date from the trailers really puzzles me. Empire sticks to October also (http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43833)
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Well as Antovolk pointed out, the Russian version of the teaser ends with :

645264octo.jpg

so if UK is in November, then many people in the business are wrong (and well, that's a possibility). France says 11 November, while it could have been the 6 too. So, no simultaneous release then ?! Or maybe they are not so sure yet.
    Interesting, it proves the IMDb release dates as incorrect too, as they're showing Russia as 6th November too
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 625
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Interesting, it proves the IMDb release dates as incorrect too, as they're showing Russia as 6th November too

imdb is like wikipedia. Everyone can change everything on that site.
    I think the release dates are still as they were announced before the Dec. 4 event.

IMDb is a lot harder to change than Wikipedia, but I do accept that a lot of the information can be user generated, it is mostly direct from the studios.
    From the Youtube page: 

Russia will be getting SPECTRE, or СПЕКТР, in October.
    Germany and Brazil are getting SPECTRE, or 007 Contra SPECTRE on November 5th
    The Netherlands and the US are getting SPECTRE on November 6th
    France is getting SPECTRE on November 11th

The other countries have Coming Soon (or their local equivalent) or November.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    antovolk wrote: »
    Looks like it, but different media are giving different dates too. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43845
    Empire witnessed the scene being put together, and can testify that jaws will be dropped come Spectre's October 23 release date.
    the gmb video doesn't play for me. could someone please tell me what it says on the date?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    The GMB link says November 6th as other others, but there are other contemporary reports from the press event are saying October 23rd as well. It's all a bit confusing, especially as we know Russia is definitely getting it in October, from the teaser.

In a report on the Teaser trailer, Total Film, another major film magazine in the UK, end with
    SPECTRE will open in the UK on October 23, 2015 and the US on November 6, 2015
    thnx @JCRendle, I honestly am amazed at EON's PR apathy on the issue. don't they notice the widespread ambiguity we see? the SF teaser had the UK date at the end of it and I really hoped the SP one would too. how is it that the russian one is time specific but the UK one gets a vague "coming soon"? to all our british co-fans here, please let us know if the theatrical showings have any date specification whatsoever
    It's also telling that the UK teaser gets Coming Soon and the US teaser gets November?
    could they be doing it on purpose for some reason beyond our grasp?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,015
    I'm afraid the marketing is not as good as some claim it is indeed...

Very low key teaser reveal here in France, and we have two French speaking actresses in the movie, including one doing the promo tour for another movie.

But at least we're being told it's Wednesday 11th of November here, which hints at a non-global worldwide release (because releasing movies here on Friday for global worldwide releases is not a problem at all, it already happened several times). But I'm not sure if it makes the 6 Nov UK hypothesis stronger or not (if it's 23rd of October in UK, why wait so long ?). Or maybe the prospect of a release during a bank holiday is too strong to miss (11th of Nov is holiday here)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    About the UK release date. During the set visit in Mexico, I spoke directly with EON's publicist about this, since I'm planning to go to London during the Premiere, and she said, with her own words, that the UK release date it's not 100% decided yet, wether will be on October 23rd or November 6th.
    About the UK release date. During the set visit in Mexico, I spoke directly with EON's publicist about this, since I'm planning to go to London during the Premiere, and she said, with her own words, that the UK release date it's not 100% decided yet, wether will be on October 23rd or November 6th.

Well coming from you and the source you quote Marketto, I think we now know where we stand for now.
    I am going to assume it is November 6th so if it is any earlier than that? I will be a very happy chappy!! :D
    @marketto007 you're a treasure! at least we now know it's not us who are crazy, but them who are undecided. Still, pretty weird for a blockbuster of that magnitude, isn't it? And especially for the UK, which is their flag market- symbolically anyway. Then again, M:I- RN pretty much did the same thing, by changing its main US release date so late. On the other hand, it's hard imagining the film opening first in Russia, then in the rest of the world. Shit, I 'm blacked out :P
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @marketto007 Thanks for the info. I think it's going to be a UK release for 23rd of October and the global release November 6th and following dates for other countries
  • Or the time pressure could be so great that they aim for the 23rd of October but are not sure...
    Opening it in late October, rather than early November, would be very fitting for the opening sequence...
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Are films still projected using film? If not , why not have a single global release date? Only seems fair. Or are the staggered release dates to allow premieres with all the cast in different countries?
    Here's hoping they decide on giving it the Nov 6 date so myself and my fellow Americans can avoid spoilers :)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Or are the staggered release dates to allow premieres with all the cast in different countries?

that was the excuse some gave. However I don't see how that can possibly outweigh the threat of piracy. It's 100% guaranteed that pirated versions of SPECTRE are available two weeks after release. If the rest of the world is forced to wait two weeks after the film is released in Britain, why wouldn't people just download it instead? If I didn't want spoilers I'd have to avoid mi6 for that entire two week period. Even for someone who badly wants to see it on the big screen the temptation of seeing it 10 days sooner may be too much.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I get to wait until Dec. 4th for SPECTRE (read that today). And for Skyfall, So. Korea had the film a whole month ahead of us here in Japan. :(
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    In China Skyfall was released an entire three months behind the worldwide release.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I try to look at silver linings, too ... :)
    IMDB page now switched to Nov 6
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,586
    007.com articles are still saying November 6th for a global release. According to Marketto, Eon's publicist are still deciding.
    for the love of god............